Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, simple answer.

No need for lots of discussion (tho I somehow think that certain miata defenders MAY be trying to convince you otherwise).

If it gets too out of hand, I'll just eliminate the thread. So, everyone be forwarned:

DISCUSSION MUST REMAIN CIVIL AND RESPECTFUL.

The poll will close automatically in 5 days if it remains civil.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I respectfully question why such an obvious poll would be placed on the forum. It rings worthless.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is to prove a point, WDI-Sky.

JLB just doesn't seem to think that a poll like this would result in a majority toward the SKY.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=88977&postcount=41

JLB said:
KappaMan said:
I bet if you posted a poll here:

which car is better?

a) SKY
b) 2006 NC MX-5 Miata

I don't need a crystal ball to figure out the victor. You would be proved wrong, plain and simple.

And if we went over to miata.net, posted the same poll, I STILL don't need a crystal ball to figure out who would win over there. And you would be more comfortable finding vindication over there.
You'd be wrong.
Of COURSE I'd be wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's a miata troll under our bridge, that's why.

Why I don't like the Miata:
#1 Severe lack of horsepower
#2 Lacks chassis structure to support anything more then the horsepower it comes with. A crappy 250 horse Ford V8 is much different then a 400 horse LS2 or a 700 horse Hot rod LS7.
#3 Looks very ugly just like the last Miata except this is a retro early 90s Miata.:lol:
#4 You sit on it rather then it.
#5 The amount of "girl car" comments I would receive owning it. Especially from my Viper, Corvette, 12 sec Duramax friends

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Duh!!! This will be a 100% in favour of the Sky poll.

Kappaman is right...the exact opposite would ring true on the Miata forum.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CdnSkyGuy said:

Ya think?

Oh, no, I'd be wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bradyb said:

#1 Severe lack of horsepower
#2 Lacks chassis structure to support anything more then the horsepower it comes with. A crappy 250 horse Ford V8 is much different then a 400 horse LS2 or a 700 horse Hot rod LS7.
#3 Looks very ugly just like the last Miata except this is a retro early 90s Miata.:lol:
#4 You sit on it rather then it.
#5 The amount of "girl car" comments I would receive owning it. Especially from my Viper, Corvette, 12 sec Duramax friends
Issue #5 is funny - I don't want to start a discussion war, but you reminded me, I was driving my acquaintance's MX-5 [yup - the one that cost $27,445 MSRP]... stopped to top off the tank as a courtesy for them letting me drive it for a few.

An early 20ish low-rise jeans attractive blonde girl/woman comes two pumps over (I'm... substantially older than 20-25, and am happily married for well over a decade). I was thinking to myself, "wow, I think she's going to come and talk to me...". She left the pump running on her VW Bug...

Instead, she comes up and says, "I just have to tell you, that is the CUTEST little car I have ever seen!"

"Unnnnnhhh... thanks," was all I could reply. :lol:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CdnSkyGuy said:

Not 100% - there's at least one member that will vote for the MX-5, maybe even a few more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The only thing about the MX-5 that I like is that fact that it's convertible. It doesn't even make a top 15 of cars I would buy in this price range.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
KappaMan said:
"I just have to tell you, that is the CUTEST little car I have ever seen!"
That's nearly exactly how my first saleslady described the Sky last year.

Which car is "better"? Beats me. Depends on your criteria, in my opinion.
In general, can't get much of a rise out of the MX5/Sky thing, but that appears a secondary matter here.

Taken as which car is better for me, I'll vote as I already have with my checkbook.
Had the Miata grabbed me, neither I nor my vote would be here.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All right, I guess the point has been made... I'll just close the poll.

Thanks to all that read and voted.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Very upset that you closed the poll :mad: as I was going to vote for the Miata (er what ever code name they have for it now -- BoS w/WheelsX-5??)
Anyway it wins hands down.. :brentil: er wait
:confused:
Or sorry, You wanted which car was "the best"... Sorry I read that as "a Bust"....:thumbs:

Ok The Best = SKY... (my opinion)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sky all the way, but I have to admit that before I heard about the Sky, I was definitely interested in the Miata. Saw one picture of the Sky and immediately changed my mind. I've seen a couple photos on this forum of people who have a Sky parked next to a Miata and there's just no comparision, the Sky completely overtakes the picture.

·
Registered
322 Posts
At 6' 1" the SKY wins hands down....I simply cannot fit in a Miata. Every time the cars are compaired this point gets missed. If the MX 5 was head and sholders above the SKY which it is not, I still could not drive it so in MHO its a non starter.....:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have to confess I drove a Miata (or BOSWWX-5) about 6 years ago (a 1998 one). It was cool. I had never driven a roadster like that and had a good time. I am not a professional driver - nor do I car what most people say about “performance” in most cars as I am not usually the type to push it to its limits anyway.
That said the ride and handling I experienced in the Miata was good enough to where I said "I'd like to buy one of those." But with this and that - I never did. I saw the SKY and was knocked down by the looks and the reputation of Saturn. I expected it to ride similar to the Miata of 7 years previous. Of course it was much better. I have no idea how a MX-5 drives now as I really don't want to drive one. But to think that the SKY drives this well in its first year - compared to decimal points in this and - fractions of MX-5 over Sky in that; means the Sky in a couple of year could easily surpass Mazda's baby.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SKY gets my vote haven't driven a Miata, but I don't fit in it either .My nephew had one,but got rid of it. Brought my SKY over to let him check it out, He hasn't stopped drooling yet.:lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
KappaMan said:
"I just have to tell you, that is the CUTEST little car I have ever seen!
And I think this is the point. I want the Sky because it is NOT cute, it it HOT!

And as was said . . . I cannot sit on top of a car, I want to sit IN it!

·
Registered
432 Posts
HiredGun said:
And I think this is the point. I want the Sky because it is NOT cute, it it HOT!

And as was said . . . I cannot sit on top of a car, I want to sit IN it!
:agree: :agree:

I never even thought about buying a convertible until I saw the SKY. The Miata just doesn't have that "wow" factor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
KappaMan said:
It is to prove a point, WDI-Sky.

JLB just doesn't seem to think that a poll like this would result in a majority toward the SKY.

OK, the point is that if you sample only Democrats, they prefer Hillary for President.

Got it! :thumbs:

·
Registered
65 Posts
bradyb said:

The amount of "girl car" comments I would receive owning it.
I hope your friends don't read Forbes magazine. :lol:

Most Popular Cars For Men And Women
Dan Lienert, 06.27.06, 12:30 AM ET

In general, the cars that are more popular with women than with men are affordable, practical and safe, and have a dash of design flair — cars such as General Motors' sharp new Saturn Sky roadster

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13575834/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.