Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Sunburst Yellow

Votes: 30 10.1%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black is not a color, strictly speaking. It is the absence of all color. When people speak of opposites, it is usually in terms of black and white. Black, and its opposite white, represents polarities. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. It has come to mean hidden, fearful or bad experience. It is linked to the unknown or the unseen.
In times of fear and uncertainty black contains the energy of the threatening unknown. In a positive state, black is seen as a restful emptiness into which anything may emerge and disappear once again. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility

I feel that this clearly proves that BLACK is the fastest color

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mostly just proves it is the quickest to get dirty and the hardest to keep looking clean...LOL

And like you said, it also hides more of the details than any other color... which sure doesn't need to happen with the sweet looking Sky!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Depends

wt2ga said:
Black is not a color, strictly speaking. It is the absence of all color. When people speak of opposites, it is usually in terms of black and white. Black, and its opposite white, represents polarities. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. It has come to mean hidden, fearful or bad experience. It is linked to the unknown or the unseen.
In times of fear and uncertainty black contains the energy of the threatening unknown. In a positive state, black is seen as a restful emptiness into which anything may emerge and disappear once again. It is also mysterious, providing a sense of potential and possibility

Or black can be the the prescences of all the colors.
When you are talking of Light it is the abscence. But, if you are talking about Dyes then it is the prescence of all colors.
The Midnight Blew (Blue) is fast because it just went past you LOL

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Dark Sucker Theory

wt2ga said:

hmm kind of reminds me of the theory of Dark Suckers

BELL LAB PROVES EXISTENCE OF DARK SUCKERS!
For years it has been believed that electric bulbs emitted light. However, recent information from Bell Labs has proven otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus they now call these bulbs dark suckers. The dark sucker theory, according to a spokesman from the Labs, proves the existence of dark, that dark has mass heavier than that of light, and that dark is faster than light.
The basis of the dark sucker theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. Take for example the dark suckers in the room where you are. There is less dark right next to them than there is elsewhere. The larger the dark sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark suckers in a parking lot have a much greater capacity than the ones in this room.

As with all things, dark suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the black spot on a full dark sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You will notice that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark which has been sucked into it. If you hold a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, the tip will turn black because it got in the path of the dark flowing into the candle. Unfortunately, these primitive dark suckers have a very limited range.

There are also portable dark suckers. The bulbs in these can't handle all of the dark by themselves, and must be aided by a dark storage unit. When the dark storage unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable dark sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from this mass generates heat. Thus it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker. Candles present a special problem, as the dark must travel in the solid wick instead of through glass. This generates a great amount of heat. Thus it can be very dangerous to touch an operating candle.

Dark is also heavier than light. If you swim deeper and deeper, you notice it gets darker and darker. When you reach a depth of approximately fifty feet, you are in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the ligher light floats to the top.

The immense power of dark can be utilized to a man's advantage. We can collect the dark that has settled to the bottom of lakes and push it through turbines, which generates electricity and helps push it to the ocean where it may be safely stored. Prior to turbines, it was much more difficult to get dark from rivers and lakes to the ocean. The Indians recognized this problem and tried to solve it. When on a river in a canoe traveling in the same direction as the flow of dark, they paddled slowly, so as not to stop the flow of dark, but when they traveled against the flow of dark, they paddled quickly so as to help push the dark along its way.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you stand in an illuminated room in front of a closed, dark closet, then slowly open the door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet, but since the dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

In conclusion, Bell Labs stated that dark suckers make all our lives much easier. So the next time you look at an electric light bulb, remember that it is indeed a dark sucker.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Oh no my head is spinning ,,,,too much ,,,brain overload... AHHH the dark set in and .....:brentil: ...Skip....any body got an Advil .....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
hmm kind of reminds me of the theory of Dark Suckers

BELL LAB PROVES EXISTENCE OF DARK SUCKERS!
For years it has been believed that electric bulbs emitted light. However, recent information from Bell Labs has proven otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus they now call these bulbs dark suckers. The dark sucker theory, according to a spokesman from the Labs, proves the existence of dark, that dark has mass heavier than that of light, and that dark is faster than light.
The basis of the dark sucker theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. Take for example the dark suckers in the room where you are. There is less dark right next to them than there is elsewhere. The larger the dark sucker, the greater its capacity to suck dark. Dark suckers in a parking lot have a much greater capacity than the ones in this room.

As with all things, dark suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the black spot on a full dark sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You will notice that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark which has been sucked into it. If you hold a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, the tip will turn black because it got in the path of the dark flowing into the candle. Unfortunately, these primitive dark suckers have a very limited range.

There are also portable dark suckers. The bulbs in these can't handle all of the dark by themselves, and must be aided by a dark storage unit. When the dark storage unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable dark sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a dark sucker, friction from this mass generates heat. Thus it is not wise to touch an operating dark sucker. Candles present a special problem, as the dark must travel in the solid wick instead of through glass. This generates a great amount of heat. Thus it can be very dangerous to touch an operating candle.

Dark is also heavier than light. If you swim deeper and deeper, you notice it gets darker and darker. When you reach a depth of approximately fifty feet, you are in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the ligher light floats to the top.

The immense power of dark can be utilized to a man's advantage. We can collect the dark that has settled to the bottom of lakes and push it through turbines, which generates electricity and helps push it to the ocean where it may be safely stored. Prior to turbines, it was much more difficult to get dark from rivers and lakes to the ocean. The Indians recognized this problem and tried to solve it. When on a river in a canoe traveling in the same direction as the flow of dark, they paddled slowly, so as not to stop the flow of dark, but when they traveled against the flow of dark, they paddled quickly so as to help push the dark along its way.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you stand in an illuminated room in front of a closed, dark closet, then slowly open the door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet, but since the dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

In conclusion, Bell Labs stated that dark suckers make all our lives much easier. So the next time you look at an electric light bulb, remember that it is indeed a dark sucker.
That Really Sucks!
:lol:

Sorry could not resist:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok, I think green is the best just because I see us driving fast in it... I may be the only one who thinks so, but oh well...

My hubby thinks green will probably be low on this poll though because green is associated with relaxation...

Hmm... :)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Jen said:
Ok, I think green is the best just because I see us driving fast in it... I may be the only one who thinks so, but oh well...

My hubby thinks green will probably be low on this poll though because green is associated with relaxation...

Hmm... :)
There is also green with envy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
my answer is not there :( They are all equally fast !!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The theory of “Dark Suckers” verifies my opinions, I have been vindicated.
BLACK is definitely the fastest color

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yellow wins hands down as it does 65 parked...:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Yellow wins hands down as it does 65 parked...:D
hmm I never knew bananas to be fast :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
hmm I never knew bananas to be fast :lol: :lol: :lol:
THey are very slippery things... how fast can one fall when stepped on??? :jester:

·
Registered
170 Posts
White is the fastest.

Many studies have shown that the lack of color on a white car causes less resistence and drag, making the car lighter and much more quicker than any of the other colors out there.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Got to agree with rocky.........White lightning:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Now, another thing is that red is the 1st color to be seen. As a baby... and now when you look somewhere.

That may be why police seem to find red cars going faster.

So, red is fastest... even if it is all in your head. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
Silver is also great for road killing werewolves!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is just too damn funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.