• 6.0L LS2

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A newspaper article has recently rekindled internet rumor with the thought of a Supercharged or Turbocharged SKY by saying that BOTH will be an option in 2008. Which kind of engine would you prefer and why.

Personally I want a Turbo, even with the lag I think it is cooler than the Super.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I must say that given a choice by my dealer I would prefer more horse power, but I won't wait an additional 8 months or more for it. I want to enjoy the car and it will have quite a bit of kick to it at 170hp for a car that size.

Will you out perform a Corvette. NO. The BMW's NO. Even if they put in a 240 HP Red Line someone will still kick your ass. There is always someone bigger or faster.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Personally, I'd love to see them drop in the new 255HP 3.0i BMW inline 6.
How cool would that be, eh? :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rick112 said:
I must say that given a choice by my dealer I would prefer more horse power, but I won't wait an additional 8 months or more for it. I want to enjoy the car and it will have quite a bit of kick to it at 170hp for a car that size.

Will you out perform a Corvette. NO. The BMW's NO. Even if they put in a 240 HP Red Line someone will still kick your ass. There is always someone bigger or faster.
It's not really about the power, it's about that cool turbo sound. Just more FUN!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Power Option

What about those gas prices? :banghead:
How about a hybrid option? That would give those environmentalists a car they could love too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm getting great gas mileage in my turbocharged eclipse. About 29 miles to the gallon city driving. Turbo's are easier to control acceleration and gas mileage opposed to a supercharger.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack_kow said:
What about those gas prices? :banghead:
How about a hybrid option? That would give those environmentalists a car they could love too.
Batteries weigh too much. Would destroy the handling of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hyrbrid choice

Don't get wrong guys, I grew up with GTOs, Shelby GT-350, and a beloved '64 Vette. Now they had Power plants! I whole-heartly agree...make mine turbocharged!! BUT please don't make it sound like those tiney rice-burners with those megaphone exahusts. If you think you have seen the last of the gas price hikes...think again. And that is why we are going to see more hybrids.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jack_kow said:
Don't get wrong guys, I grew up with GTOs, Shelby GT-350, and a beloved '64 Vette. Now they had Power plants! I whole-heartly agree...make mine turbocharged!! BUT please don't make it sound like those tiney rice-burners with those megaphone exahusts. If you think you have seen the last of the gas price hikes...think again. And that is why we are going to see more hybrids.
I disagree, Hybrid technology is overpriced. At this time the amount you have to spend to get a Hybrid is so great that gas needs to reach European prices to make it worthwhile. Gas will plateau out and may even drop to the low $2's this winter.

For those of you who follow economics we have had lower priced gas vs inflation the past 6 years; according to them this is just gas catching up. They all predict gas to stay around $2.25 a gallon the next few years. With it slowly rising with inflation after that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts