Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS WAS POSTED ON THE SOL SITE YESTERDAY BY Solli4me

Hey everyone, another Solstice caught fire last night around 11:00Pm right here in Denville on Route 80 east. My husband saw it burning up - I just got off the phone with the State Police to confirm - the trooper said the car was registered NJ and the driver was OK if anyone could be OK watching his car burn up. It was not a 2006 and that's all the information I could get out of him. Trooper said they didn't know the cause of the fire.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Wow, that must have been hearbreaking...as long as the driver is ok, that is the main thing, a car can be replaced, not a human...SteveSky67

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
How many have caught on fire? Wasn't fires one of the things that killed the Fierio?

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In reference to Solli's post, she indicated that someone else had a fire but I have not found that info yet. She will see this post and add to it I am sure. I was hoping that someone might know this person and send our thoughts to them. How terrible to have a new car burn up, I just hope the person in the car did not suffer any burns.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
How many have caught on fire? Wasn't fires one of the things that killed the Fierio?
My GF said the exact thing when she was reading this post...SteveSky67

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Yes, fires in the engine compartment. They recalled it and added a heat shield, but it was too late- the fate of the car was sealed.

:(

·
Registered
63 Posts
In reference to Solli's post, she indicated that someone else had a fire but I have not found that info yet. She will see this post and add to it I am sure. I was hoping that someone might know this person and send our thoughts to them. How terrible to have a new car burn up, I just hope the person in the car did not suffer any burns.
Ex-MiataMan (XMM) on the Sol Forum's Nittany caught fire and was rebuilt at the factory. It was a First Thousand model.

Fire had something to do with electrical parts in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Come to think of it, on the way home from the Sky/Solstice meeting i saw a White Solstice getting gas at a Shell station, got out to throw some thrash out and started talking to the driver..but, i'm sure this wasn't the same car. I also saw a white solstice heading towards rt.80 on the way to the dinner on friday night on rt.10...SteveSky67

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Steve, we had a 6:30pm reservation for dinner... was it around that time? and why are you sure it wasn't the same car? there's not too many Pure Solstice's around these parts...

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Steve, we had a 6:30pm reservation for dinner... was it around that time? and why are you sure it wasn't the same car? there's not too many Pure Solstice's around these parts...

I check my phone log and i called you at 6:12 PM....so it had to be at least 600:pm when i saw the white Solstice turn on Rt.10 heading west, after that, he/she was gone...wish i could have been more help...SteveSky67

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I cold called a few places and got this information: the car caught fire in Parsippany (close to Denville) and was towed by Powdermill Towing to Rockaway Auto Repair who delivered it to COPART in Hillsborough. I did find out the last name and the insurance company. I drove over to COPART this afternoon to poke around and as I took my picture, a deep Solstice drove right by past me.

On my way home, I took my normal route past the town high school and what did I run across? A deep Solstice. So I parked to take a pic and the owner came out - we chatted and you won't believe where she lives. High Point (that's where our Skylands Rally went last weekend) and dengel, she's seen you driving your Solstice around the area. :D

The saga continues - I'm not done yet.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My deceased father was Chief of Detectives and I'm his daughter... :D

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
You are good solli....SteveSky67

1 - 17 of 17 Posts