Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put a deposit down with Saturn of Santa Fe yesterday (700 miles away). They came back and said that they are requiring $1,000 for a market-adjusted purchase price.

They explained that people are immediately selling their cars for $3,000 over MSRP on ebay and that it wasn't fair to them. He pointed out several California dealers that are charging $8,000 in extras over MSRP and people are buying those cars.

For me I'm looking at getting a car in Dec '06-Jan '07 time frame which is better then Fall or '07 which my local dealers are offering. So, I don't mind paying that extra $1,000 to have my Sky sooner versus 6-12 months later.

I know Saturn is aggressively recommending that the dealers don't do that. Is there somebody like a District Office/Manager that I should email or call and ask for help? I know GM can't do price fixing but maybe this dealer values their good standing with Corporate enough to listen?

Any ideas Gang?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
bradyb said:
So I put a deposit down with Saturn of Santa Fe yesterday (700 miles away). They came back and said that they are requiring $1,000 for a market-adjusted purchase price.

They explained that people are immediately selling their cars for $3,000 over MSRP on ebay and that it wasn't fair to them. He pointed out several California dealers that are charging $8,000 in extras over MSRP and people are buying those cars.

For me I'm looking at getting a car in Dec '06-Jan '07 time frame which is better then Fall or '07 which my local dealers are offering. So, I don't mind paying that extra $1,000 to have my Sky sooner versus 6-12 months later.

I know Saturn is aggressively recommending that the dealers don't do that. Is there somebody like a District Office/Manager that I should email or call and ask for help? I know GM can't do price fixing but maybe this dealer values their good standing with Corporate enough to listen?

Any ideas Gang?
Tell him if you selling the car for a profit is his biggest concern you'll agree to purchase the car at MSRP and sign an agreement to sell the car back to him before you offer it to anyone else. That way you save money and he knows you really want the car for you. Of course if he is just trying to screw you over like some dealers he won't do it. Then I'd say walk away. If you arn't in line anyway you probably don't have much to loose.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Jill Ladjiak is the General Manager of the Saturn Division of GM.

She has issued stern warnings to dealers about "market adjustments."

You should make her aware of your dealer's shenanigans.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ggccg said:
Jill Ladjiak is the General Manager of the Saturn Division of GM.

She has issued stern warnings to dealers about "market adjustments."

You should make her aware of your dealer's shenanigans.
Something tells me she doesn't take incoming calls, how would I contact her?

Thanks.
Brady

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Just ordered a RedLine today. MSRP plus leather, $299 documentation fees (horse **** but dealers get it everywhere). End of list, no addendum sticker, no "bump". Probable delivery Dec/Jan. Medium gray, black/red leather, black top.

·
Registered
29 Posts
snaponbob said:
Just ordered a RedLine today. MSRP plus leather, $299 documentation fees (horse **** but dealers get it everywhere). End of list, no addendum sticker, no "bump". Probable delivery Dec/Jan. Medium gray, black/red leather, black top.
hey
i got 498.XX in doc fees for crying out loud. but R/L worth it... but if my dealer mispelles my name, i will start deducting his fees for every mispelled time:)
ilber<-last name Bereznyak...try spelling that :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
ilber said:
hey
i got 498.XX in doc fees for crying out loud. but R/L worth it... but if my dealer mispelles my name, i will start deducting his fees for every mispelled time:)
ilber<-last name Bereznyak...try spelling that :)
My doc fee is 99.00. 498.00 is crazy - they get it whereever they can. tsk tsk:banghead:

·
Registered
104 Posts
bradyb said:

Any ideas Gang?
Damn, I hate to see people victimized by some scumbag opertunistic car dealer. I hope someone keeps a record of these Saturn dealers, [no I refuse to call them RETAILERS] and it doesn't matter what some dirtbag sells on E-BAY.:nono:

I only hope you can resist what amounts to a hold up and have the paitence to wait for your sky. The wait won't be 6 to 12 months from now either. Saturn spent years and mucho bucks to develop a true quality retailer network, many believe to be the best in the business. It turns my stomach to see this happening to so many good people. Please resist the temptation, don't make these petty theives into rich fellons.:mad:

ps: please forgive my language and overt anger.

The HORNET

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If I get the same option from another dealer that hasn't taken a ton of deposits with out having to pay $1,000 for redline can I just tell this dealership to jump in lake and credit back my card? There has been no written agreement at this point.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER DEALERS THAT CAN GET ME A REDLINE IN 6-8 MONTHS?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bradyb said:

Any ideas Gang?
well like someone els said first i would ask if he would accept an signed agreement that in the first 6 months if you want to sell the car he gets first refusal... then i would thell him, WHEN DID THIS BECOME CALIFORNIA!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts