Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the dual exhaust idea and since I've decided on Chili Pepper Red as my color now, I'd like to paint my brake calipers red to match!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
marlboromike said:
What accessories and aftermarket items will most of us purchase.... upgrade the appearance and performance of your SKY...
I'm gettin an easy rider rifle rack and a long leash to keep me around the auto to guard it from people:drool: on it. Skip...:cool: :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
-Racing Stripes
-Custom Midnight Blue paint (even more midnight than the GM color :D)
-Custom crafted projector headlights and foglights with Blue angel-eyes
-Custom Exhaust
-Hahn turbo kit
-Automotive GPS module
-Performance tuning software for my laptop
-Opel badging (once available)
-Upgraded sound system
-Custom Blue-accent interior

and eventually, maybe a Mallet upgrade? or at least do it myself...

Yeah, it's gonna be pretty sweet once it's done :D

Basically just like this picture... but projector headlights

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Aftermarket

I have the kappasphere "kappashield" and will likely get the cold air intake from the dealer whenever it's available, assuming this doesn't ruin the warranty.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JayZ said:
I have the kappasphere "kappashield" and will likely get the cold air intake from the dealer whenever it's available, assuming this doesn't ruin the warranty.
Any parts you get from the dealer if they are dealer installed should not void the warrenty....They should be GM approved. If not the dealer you bought it from BETTER stand behind the car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The first day I have my car I will go get tinted 35% all around...then probably do after market wheels, cold air intake and then dual exhaust when that is available. I also have a few minor upgrades to add the weekend I get it so stay posted I will submit pics when I am done...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Any parts you get from the dealer if they are dealer installed should not void the warrenty....They should be GM approved. If not the dealer you bought it from BETTER stand behind the car.
aftermarket parts by themselves cannot void the warranty BUT if you add on an aftermarket part and it causes something to break.. then the warranty won't cover that broken part because it was caused by something you changed. It gets very tricky because its really boils down to what they believe caused the part to fail. your relationship with the dealer really comes into play.

an example would be CAI, you install a CAI from joeblows autoparts and next thing you know your car is running like crap. So you take it in, turns out there is damage in the cylinders. Dealer could say you sucked in water from your CAI and that caused the damage but you say, "I never even drove in the rain" dealer says "whatever, this damage was caused by water getting in and the most likely way it did that was thru your CAI so we're not gonna cover it.

whatta you do? really the only option you have is to sue them and hope you can prove that it wasn't caused by your aftermarket part.

so the installation of aftermarket by itself will not void your warranty. but be careful. I know some people who keep all the stock parts and switch them back on before they take it in to service (if practical, like a cai or ecm would be easy to switch back and forth but dual exhaust, not so easy).

·
Registered
274 Posts
things that I will get for sure:

floor mats
kappashield
Lil' Chromies
Dual exaust ASAP!!!!
Luggage Carrier that goes on top of the trunk
replace oem antenna with a small one

things down the line:

change stereo for all in one DVD and GPS system with bluetooth
change lights bolbs
CAI when I can afford it

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Planned Upgrades:
CAI
Headers
Dual Exhaust
Tuned ECM
Kappashield

first thing I'm gonna do is get the HP's up a bit so I don't get spanked at the stoplight by these high school kids. Should be able to get around 200hp with the above bolt ons. still won't beat out some of the other roadsters out there but I'll look and sound damn good in his rearview mirror!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
  • Mallett conversion
  • Kappa Shield
  • Rims
  • System
  • Seats

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Mine will be minimal:
Stubby anntena
Painted calipers (I saw them and they look great! -- Red with my yellow sky -- sound OK to all of you??)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
azote said:
hey man If I decide on doing it I will do them red too! it would look kickass!!
Geez we have almost twin cars (except for the spoiler).
Should we let them mate??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'l get the following first, probably in order:
- Stubbie ant.
- Kappa CAI
- Kappashield
- Lil Chromies
- Floormats once Kappa gets the SKY mats out (like the logo
Solstice mats)

later on:
- New exhaust
- tint the rear window
- paint the calipers (I'm thinking black would work on a silver graphite)

·
Registered
389 Posts
After a lot of thought I have decided to upgrade the stereo to the 6 disc CD changer and add xm. My conservative side said I didn't need them but this type of car is probably a once in a lifetime vehicle for me so why not get it all?
I already have a chrome stubbie to match the chrome wheels waiting for my sky. I have seen alot of posts complaining about the use of chrome on the cars, but I missed it when it started disappearing. I think I see a trend to start using some chrome again on many cars. Just like fashion, car styling seems to go in cycles.
I will definately get the Kappashield and problably some other goodies from their site.

·
Registered
326 Posts
marlboromike said:
What accessories and aftermarket items will most of us purchase....to upgrade the appearance and performance of your SKY...
-Stubby Antenna
-Kappa Shield
-3M Scotchguard Protective film or similar (entire front of bumper, mirrors, rocker panels)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Mine will be minimal:
Stubby anntena
Painted calipers (I saw them and they look great! -- Red with my yellow sky -- sound OK to all of you??)
Cant wait to see it... at our SKY party.. when us.. ILLINOIS... waiters get ours..or whoever wants to come to the party.... ALL WHO CAN MAKE IT..... WOW.... I AM GETTING EXCITED AGAIN....... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 37 Posts