Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, i guess i have to know... who names their car and who here has already thought of a name for their SKY? i name my cars and i have yet to think of one for this one. also, i know someone asked in a different thread but what will the absolute 1st thing that you do to the car once you get her? mine will have to be a better looking shift knob. the stock one looks funny. oh... also i am having the windows tinted. tinted windows look HAWT.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't name the cars.. but I do have conversations with them.. One time I was working late on the coast.. I ended up leaving at around 9:00 PM on a thursday, it was dark and rainy. So as I approached my car I asked it, "We are going to have a good ride home right?". I reached to open the door and the handle snapped off. I thought to myself, "not the answer I was looking for".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats funny. sorry about the handle but that is funny. i talk to mine all teh time. teh car even has body parts. teh rear end is teh @ss, the rims and tires are shoes, suspension is teh legs, headlights are teh eyes, teh ecu is teh brain, motor the heart. id like to think that the car and i have an understanding. i do what i can to find out what the breaking point is so that when i push her, she wont reach that point. close but wont go over. naming the sky isnt easy though. i named my jetta "Jay" for the j in jetta. hmmmmmmm...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Each of my cars has ended up with a name except the car I have now. I prefer to let the name come from some sort of experience with the car. Other people also seem to be the ones who end up doing the naming.

My Camry got its name, Tad, from my fraternity brother's acid trip when I took him to go sit inside the car wash. He kept starting to ask if I was driving a tad fast, but each time he stopped before he said fast.

My beat-up old Mercedes got its name, Mercy, from one of my friends upon hearing its description.

My Geo, PJ, got its name because I always drove it too fast down this one hill and caught major air on a cross street. My nickname was Puddle, and the Puddle Jumper was born.

I can't wait to see how my Sky earns a name!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I do name and talk to my cars. I have not thought of a name for the SKY yet but I am sure that SHE is definitely going to have a FEMALE name. :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
All of mine have had names. I have a name all picked out for mine if I go with black. PEPPER! It could also go with the red as well I guess. :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Baby is my fav. She's a 1992 Nissan NX 2000 with a Tee top. She was the first car I ever really enjoyed just driving. I had to park her on the road during the day for a while and when I would go to bring her in at night I would usually end up on the highway with the top off and the music thumping. Going like a bat out of hell. I miss those days!

I hope my Sky brings them back. :cool:

·
Registered
747 Posts
reedred said:
Each of my cars has ended up with a name except the car I have now. I prefer to let the name come from some sort of experience with the car. Other people also seem to be the ones who end up doing the naming.

My Camry got its name, Tad, from my fraternity brother's acid trip when I took him to go sit inside the car wash. He kept starting to ask if I was driving a tad fast, but each time he stopped before he said fast.

My beat-up old Mercedes got its name, Mercy, from one of my friends upon hearing its description.

My Geo, PJ, got its name because I always drove it too fast down this one hill and caught major air on a cross street. My nickname was Puddle, and the Puddle Jumper was born.

I can't wait to see how my Sky earns a name!
you could always call the sky patience.....

Names for my past car well my truck I called excalibur but my friends (or people I knew really I hated the people who call my truck this) called it the pube.

My honda accord 1990 was Launcelots Dream (yea I liked king arthur at the time)

after that my paseo 90, tempo 89, and prelude 93 currently never got names cause I grew out of it. or just wasn't about it then. Maybe for my sky I'll get back into it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rex

I have named all the cars I have owned and my wife, what's her name, names hers. I already decided to name it Rex....I little esoteric, but I think Sky King had a nice ring and since Rex is king in Latin...viola!!

Okay, maybe I am a card or two short of a full deck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey at least you guys are thinking about it. thats a good thing. i actually busted out a thesaurus to find woirds that meant almost the same as sky. no luck i guess ill have to see.

·
Registered
242 Posts
widow

I once had a black '78 Dodge Magnum.....wow, was she fast.....I named it the "black widow spider"....very lethal....and I slayed all comers, with it! But since then, I've always named the rest of my cars "Lisa"! Since my Sky will be Black......."THE "WIDOW" MAY LIVE ONCE AGAIN! Still not sure though.......may have to ask me again, at crunchtime!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts