Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am suspicious of my dealer. Reading all these post I see many people who ordered there car the same time we did, or even later had theirs built already. Just curious when people have ordered cars and when they finally got them. We ordered ours on March 18th, 2006. To date all my dealer says is the order has been accepted and that is it. Will not give me any more info. I really feel the car has been sold to someone else but have no way to prove it. Any input you have would be great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well - at the risk of offending you - your name is SkyCRAZY....

The best way to handle this is as follows:

Go in person to your dealership, when they're not busy, and sit down with the manager. Ask him to look up your order, explain you're a little paranoid and actually would like to see what he's seeing in GM dealerworld.

Its highly unlikely they're trying to pull a fast one but the only way you'll know for sure is to see it for yourself.

As an example - the last two SKY orders we delivered the vehicles left the factory and didn't show up for a LONG time and it was impossible to find out where they went.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I agree with what SSC Summit said...go in and speak with the General Manager. I would definitely want to see something indicating that an order actually existed for me. A printout of your order history...or even a peek at the computer monitor showing your order....they've got to have something they can show you to ease your mind. I would insist on it...especially since your order supposedly was accepted in mid-March...it's been a long time and I would think you would have heard some news by now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
march madness

I put my deposit down in March and have a preliminary order code and was told to expect to be able to put the real order in in August. I got an email the other day inquiring if I was still interested in buying or leasing a new saturn vehicle (form letter) I haven't emailed them back yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We were imaged on March 17th and picked up our SKY on June 1st.

·
Registered
149 Posts
See my signature.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
See MY signature!:banghead: :brentil:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
When you say order - you may mean you gave the guy a deposit and were placed in line. So in effect your actual order (Image) did not or has not been entered (perhaps it is now -- but not then) so in reality you did not order a car in March -- you put a deposit on one.
You need more info to calm your mind

SSC_Summit's suggestion is spot on.... You need to feel OK about your purchase. I bet it is fine -- you just need SOME information.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put the deposit down on mine in March (I believe it was around the 25th) and mine was put on a train 7/14. It should be delivered to the dealer on 7/31 and I will be picking up on 8/1. It was imaged on 5/26.

I was only #7 on the dealer list. I think that is what you need to find out: How many deposits/images are ahead of yours? how many allocations does your dealer get for the year? How many have they delivered to date? Those are easy questions.

At this point it might be better for you to call around and check with other dealers in your area to see where they are. I know my dealer is no longer accepting 2007 orders except for the RL...

Good Luck!
Black w/Black Top
Black & Tan Interior
LSD
Upgrades on Sound
(Cancelled the spoiler and premium wheels when order was accepted)

·
Registered
230 Posts
i thought i waited too long!

i also ordered in early march, and took delivery 6/26, and it was a month late due to the car shipment was mis-handled.[ what a shock]

even my dealer is was surprised that the cars that they ordered for customers were not being delivered, yet the ones for general sale [i.e. marked-up] were coming in a few a week....

i know gm needs to get their bottom line up, i do think that they are purposely shipping non-orders to boost sales and commisions...

i thought waiting 4 months since ordering was too long, good luck and grab your General Mgr. and shake that car loose from him!

·
Registered
178 Posts
see signature

actually put deposit down on march 6, 2006 for the rest see signature

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
skybuy said:
i know gm needs to get their bottom line up, i do think that they are purposely shipping non-orders to boost sales and commisions...
I doubt this is the case. Dealer profits don't help GM or it's bottom line.
More likely part of the deep black hole of shipping. Stuff happens.

The original poster should consider a calm chat with a manager and get a look at event history if possible.
Could be a difference between placing an "order" with the dealer and getting put on a list,
and actually having an order in with GM and picked up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup, ordered in march, and was warned variables would most likely see it in sept. If you want a popular car, you have to wait.... Happy, nope... but like many here, willing to wait for what i wanted. Could have bought a 1 month old used Sky, but wrong color, not the options I wanted.. So here I wait... Oh and speaking of waiting, just imagine having ordered when some of those here did 6-12 months ago......

Just my .02 worth....

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Whenever you talk to them, get DOCUMENTATION!!! It is the best form of proof. Anytime you have orders or dealings you should get it writing, gone are good old days where deals were made on a handshake, a man's word was as good as any paper!!!! It was better back then. Chalk it up to progress!!!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I placed deposit on April 11th and walked out with a copy of the vehicle purchase order and receipt for the thousand dollars. Nothing more nothing less. I emailed a few times copies of info on this forum and never got an acknowledgement even. Phoned four times and yes they received my emails buy nothing has changed, no information. Spoke to the sells manager twice, no information. Even changed sales rep at my request because he just kept saying "don't worry I have you covered". But had no information.
Each time I ask for order number or anything they pull it out of the Sells manger's file cabinet. I swear they make it look like they are not part of the inner circle but hanger ons. Oh well, the same guy owns the only other Saturn dealership close by. So for what it is worth ... I am told I am #1 for a Red Line. But then I get an email from a forum reader who says he was told by the same dealer he was #1 for a Red Line. When I call the dealer, he claims placement and order number is fine but never is able to state status.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I placed deposit on April 11th and walked out with a copy of the vehicle purchase order and receipt for the thousand dollars. Nothing more nothing less. I emailed them copies of info on this forum and never even got an acknowledgement. Phoned four times and yes they received my emails buy nothing has changed, no information. Spoke to the sells manager twice, no information. Even changed sales rep at my request because he just kept saying "don't worry I have you covered". But had no information.
Each time I ask for order number or anything they pull it out of the Sells manger's file cabinet. I swear they make it look like they are not part of the inner circle but hanger ons. Oh well, the same guy owns the only other Saturn dealership close by. So for what it is worth ... I am told I am #1 for a Red Line. But then I get an email from a forum reader who says he was told by the same dealer he was #1 for a Red Line. When I call the dealer, he claims placement and order number is fine but never is able to state status.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I put a deposit down March 22 and was #4 in line. Got a receipt for deposit and was told the car was ordered and we would get it in 3-4 months (yeah, right). Kept asking for order # and would never get an answer. Kept asking, and bugging them-kept getting the response that it was ordered. I don't think they had a clue about order #'s. Finally got a call June 8th that they were going to order our car. 2 1/2 months of being deceived. What they didn't tell me is that their first allotment of 12 cars were already pre-ordered in January. They waited to order customer ordered cars for their 2nd allotment in June. They knew we were a for sure deal so customer orders were not a priority. By the time I knew what had happened I went looking for another dealer in the area but the waiting lists were long so I decided to stick it out and wait. So I am now going on 5 months. :banghead:

·
Registered
230 Posts
saturn is trying to boost bottom line...

cerberus said:
I doubt this is the case. Dealer profits don't help GM or it's bottom line.
More likely part of the deep black hole of shipping. Stuff happens.

The original poster should consider a calm chat with a manager and get a look at event history if possible.
Could be a difference between placing an "order" with the dealer and getting put on a list,
and actually having an order in with GM and picked up.
as a friend of the worlds largest dealer group that includes Saturn, i can assure you that mangement and sales staff are going to do anything they can to boost the bottom line, not sales numbers but cash intake...

therefore they will do anything to get more from the sky while its hot, and that means getting the cars that were not ordered and sold at msrp. anyone out there see a sky with MSRP off the showroom floor?
not here in so cal... even Saturn dealers want to make more....

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
skybuy said:
as a friend of the worlds largest dealer group that includes Saturn, i can assure you that mangement and sales staff are going to do anything they can to boost the bottom line, not sales numbers but cash intake...

therefore they will do anything to get more from the sky while its hot, and that means getting the cars that were not ordered and sold at msrp. anyone out there see a sky with MSRP off the showroom floor?
not here in so cal... even Saturn dealers want to make more....
Absolutely no disagreement here on that one. Just noting that GM does not get anything out of that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think I have you all beat

This is not good! I put my deposit in on Mar 20, 2005. I got called for my original order in Dec 2005. And yes when I posted all of you told me it wasn't a real order (I believed you all). In April 2006 I got another call for my order. On May 20th I was called to say I was preferenced and the car was scheduled to be built first week of July, I called them the second week of July and they said they got confirmation the car will be built the week of August 7th. So there you have it. Will I ever get my car!!!! I could have had a plan Jane silver one in Mar but I decided to wait for my White fully loaded one. So I guess it's my fault for wanting it all! Can't wait to call them on the 8th to see if the car is being built or to see what excuse comes next.
:banghead:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts