Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :mad:
So as most of you know, I made the trip down to Pomona last weekend to the Auto Show In Motion to see the SKY. It was the first show that the SKY was NOT at. Today, after confirmation from my dealer, not once, but twice, I drove down to Irvine, which is yet another hour and a half trip to..... guess....................NO SKY. I was so irritated. Not with my dealer, but I dont even know who!!!!!! Is this a GM thing? Saturn???? Please help me understand???!!!!!!??? Over-promising and under delivering? Anyway, I put up a stink at the show today and actually had a chance to speak with the folks there. I made them feel bad, but they obviously don't understand and as for GM and Saturn, I am really disappointed. I did my due diligence to make sure I'm not making a trip for no reason, and I do anyway. I called my dealer and let him know and he was apologetic, but what could he do??? They guy at the event told me there was ONE SKY for display, but my dealer says there are 4. Honestly, I give up. They asked me for my information, but if I hear anything, it'll be a miracle. I'm really sad that my new car experience is turning out the way it is. :( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
623 Posts
There are 4 touring the US right now, a Red, Blue, Silver, and Grey one. I think 3 of them this week where in GA, and one is supposedly here in MI this weekend. They may have pulled them from the ASIM for these other events.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to the pic's. This kinda thing is what I have been typing about lately. :willy: There seems to be a real problem with the marketing a promotion of the Sky to this point. There really should be a published schedule of where the cars are going to be. :brentil

I was very disapointed that there hasn't been a Sky at the Canadian National Excibition. It's a big show and attracts lots of people. It should have been there for at least a couple of days. When the Sky was in Toronto last winter it was here for one day (press day). The public didn't get to see it.

I am also willing to travel to see the Sky (I'd like to see what I've put a downpayment on) but I am worried that I will experience the same problem as you have had.

I think for all your efforts Saturn should give you a little something. Perhaps your Sky should be on the house!? :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
:banghead: : :mad:
So as most of you know, I made the trip down to Pomona last weekend to the Auto Show In Motion to see the SKY. It was the first show that the SKY was NOT at. Today, after confirmation from my dealer, not once, but twice, I drove down to Irvine, which is yet another hour and a half trip to..... guess....................NO SKY. I was so irritated. Not with my dealer, but I dont even know who!!!!!! Is this a GM thing? Saturn???? Please help me understand???!!!!!!??? Over-promising and under delivering? Anyway, I put up a stink at the show today and actually had a chance to speak with the folks there. I made them feel bad, but they obviously don't understand and as for GM and Saturn, I am really disappointed. I did my due diligence to make sure I'm not making a trip for no reason, and I do anyway. I called my dealer and let him know and he was apologetic, but what could he do??? They guy at the event told me there was ONE SKY for display, but my dealer says there are 4. Honestly, I give up. They asked me for my information, but if I hear anything, it'll be a miracle. I'm really sad that my new car experience is turning out the way it is. :

Welcome to the club, dude. :cheers:
The Sky was advertised to be at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto last Feb.
What we weren't told is that it was only going to be there for the media day to which the public (those who are actually interested and willing to put down hard cold cash for the GD car) weren't.
So by the time we get there - guess what? - No Sky. :eek:
Bit of a bummer for those of us who made the trip in. :mad:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
That really sucks. Sounds like we need to plan a little trip to Detroit. The public show days of NAIAS 2006 are January 14-22. I'm totally willing to go to Michigan for some more drooling time.

I'm thinking maybe we all descend on the city on the 13th, hit the show on Saturday, maybe convince some poor soul who lives in the area to organize some sort of casual dinner somewhere, and head home Sunday.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
623 Posts
reedred said:
That really sucks. Sounds like we need to plan a little trip to Detroit. The public show days of NAIAS 2006 are January 14-22. I'm totally willing to go to Michigan for some more drooling time.

I'm thinking maybe we all descend on the city on the 13th, hit the show on Saturday, maybe convince some poor soul who lives in the area to organize some sort of casual dinner somewhere, and head home Sunday.

Anyone interested?
I don't know about dinner, but I can make some recommendations for food. I expect to see the Redline or Sol GT at the Autoshow this year. If anyone needs any info about where to stay in the area, I can also provide that. I am sorta like a mini touist info center for Metro Detroit

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, let me also add that when I was there, I mentioned that San Diego ASIM (Auto Show in Motion) was going to be my last hope. Guess what? The Drive Center guy (todays Drive Your Style event was through www.thedrivecenter.com) told me that there may not be an ASIM in San Diego and that it's up to each region. So maybe I wont ever see it.

So the way I see it, so far:

I've offered my creativity toward awesome commericials, including a superb and all new idea Super Bowl (to star all of us forum"ers" - original) commerical. Response: We don't take unsolicited business. My response back? Too bad you don't want feedback from those who are hyped.

I've taken every opportunity to go see the SKY within 300 miles and have been let down twice. Response: Yeah, will I get one? They did take my business card (It says Rachel Sunday on it, if you're reading this).

And now, what? I guess I wait for the car show. We'll have one out here in January too, so I will pass on the offer to Detroit (thank you though). And that's it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:banghead: :banghead:

Sent To Saturn Corp:

I went to the Auto Show in Motion in Pomona, CA last week and the SKY wasn't there. I never had confirmation, but heard it had been at all of them prior. I went to the "Drive Your Style" event in Irvine, CA today to find out that the SKY wasn't there. This was after my dealer had confirmed it twice that it would be there. I am not upset with my dealer as I am with Saturn and/or GM! I have a deposit down on the SKY and I have done all of my due diligence to try and go see it. I have driven hundreds of miles to see this car and then I find out today that GM or whomever pulled the plug on the SKY in Irvine to be in Orlando????? Can someone please clarify? I am on one of the largest (if not the largest) forum specific to the Saturn Sky for those who have deposits in, or are interested, etc. and there is a group of people who have been 100% loyal to the Saturn Corporation, put our faith in Saturn enough to invest in one of your vehicles and I think someone dropped the ball here...... I'd like an explanation and I'd like to share positive feedback to the forum. There is a lot of frustration here. If you'd like to address this directly it's www.skyroadster.com. We check out your site all the time, you should check out ours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts