Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just though should pose this question as so many seem to be keeping their cars indoors when it rains. I plan on taking a long road trip this summer in my Sky maybe east Coast maybe West Coast But I imagine in that time there will be some rain.I don't think it'll melt.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Well, i am sure i will be driving my baby at some point when it rains... since we live about half hour from town..... i am sure our babies WONT melt..... they may get rainspotted.... but.. nothing a good rub down wont cure...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I am absolutely sure it will not melt.

Come on! We're not talking about the family jewels here. It's just a car! A great looking car, but still...

I plan on enjoying my Sky in every kind of weather that South Florida has to offer (except hurricanes when it will be put in the municipal garage for safe keeping).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If we get any I'll let ya know. We just had a record season with no rain :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
rain, perhaps, but snow and ice.....definately NOT! For me, that means November through March!. I'll just drive a "beater" during the cold months..................:cool:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkyRaider said:
rain, perhaps, but snow and ice.....definately NOT! For me, that means November through March!...................:cool:
Pretty much sums it up here also. Though sometimes we do get into December but not lately.

·
Registered
802 Posts
nighttripper said:
Just though should pose this question as so many seem to be keeping their cars indoors when it rains. I plan on taking a long road trip this summer in my Sky maybe east Coast maybe West Coast But I imagine in that time there will be some rain.I don't think it'll melt.
Rain :)
Shine :D
Day trip :cool:
Night trip :willy:
some worry about hail :nono:
more worry about snow and ice :eek:
Gon' do 'em all! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sorry cant say I deal with snow, but since I was born and raised in Ohio I can say "been there done that" Thats what I love about Az, if I want snow I just drive up to north...:thumbs:

·
Registered
165 Posts
We've had nothing but rain since I brought my baby home on the 12th. Well, one day it didn't rain for awhile and today is a top down day (finally). I'll drive in anything. I actually drove through a little snow one rainy day when I passed through a high elevation. She didn't melt.:D :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Shes my only car and I am in the mindset that you buy something TO USE IT. I will never be the kind of person who makes guests take their shoes off at the door to protect the new carpet, or holds back on the good wine and liquor for only certain occasions, or wants to save that nice romantic restaurant for only a holiday... you live life once, things are bought to be enjoyed. It doesn't matter what its like outside, if im going somewhere Im taking the Sky.

... now if I just washed it on the other hand.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
For me it's more of a summer car. I will most likely NOT take it if it will be stormy or rainy all day (to work I mean) but other than that I plant to drive until the first snow (Salt) and not again until spring (rinsed streets)

·
Registered
669 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Shes my only car and I am in the mindset that you buy something TO USE IT. I will never be the kind of person who makes guests take their shoes off at the door to protect the new carpet, or holds back on the good wine and liquor for only certain occasions, or wants to save that nice romantic restaurant for only a holiday... you live life once, things are bought to be enjoyed. It doesn't matter what its like outside, if im going somewhere Im taking the Sky.

:agree: And it rained my first full day with mine.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No Choice Here

Since I live on the Gulf Coast it's almost a no brainer.....it rains here in the summer almost every day.........I am use to driving my tahoe in the rain, i think it will take a little getting use to when driving in the rain.........

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It is never cloudy when i drive mine because I am always in a "Blue Sky"
Live to drive, drive to live....:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
It is never cloudy when i drive mine because I am always in a "Blue Sky"
Live to drive, drive to live....:thumbs:
LOve ya man....Skip...:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll watch the weather and if it calls for rain I won't drive her out of the garage that day. I'm sure she'll see rain sooner or later but I'm not going to intentionally take her out in it. I also have two other vehicles that needs to be used to kepp them in great shape so my sunny days will be spread out between my Super Scooter and my Sky. If I find that the Scooter doesn't get much action I may decide to sell it. Then again with gas going the way it is I may want to enjoy the 69-74 MPG I get with the scooter. Baby my baby.......YES!
Jayne

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rain, we call it Liquid Sunshine in Washington State

I pick up my Sky tomorrow afternoon (Monday) and she will have to get used to the rain. We live on the Washington coast and we have plenty of rain. She will be in the garage but when it's time to go to the postoffice or just a ride, out in the rain we will go. Trust me, she will be a spoiled Sky but we will enjoy each day regardless of the weather, well maybe not all weather, if the road are slick because of ice, we will stay at home and wait for the sun to come out.

Silver Pearl
LSD

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be driving with the top down until it starts raining... then we'll see how fast I can safely pull over and raise that cantankerous top!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
1994SC2 said:

:agree: also!! This will be my daily driver, so I know it will see rain for sure. Hence, the reason I brought up in another if the cloth top will hold up to a heavy rain...and it seemed like the answer was a unanimous YES. So I'm not too worried....yet. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I drove my car in the rain tonight and it handles perfectly. It rained the entire time we were in the car. The back wheels did not spin out at all. I plan to drive it under most conditions.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts