Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came from the Solstice forum and I am very dissapointed it a bunch of their attitudes over there... It looks like they are very jealous of the Sky coming out and taking precious production from their car... I thought we could all be happy for each other, I am happy they are getting their cars soon....why can't they be happy for us?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
There are only really a couple people complaining about that at the Solstice forum, don't let them get to you. You can't let 1 of several thousand spoil the mood. People on very much on edge over there due to almost 3 years of desire culminating to this Friday seeing as how supposedly VIN # 000001 gets dlivered at the imprompto party going on.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Soon many of the complainers will become braggarts and raise the flustration over there to a new level. I barely go to the Solstice forum anymore.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It's their loss, next thing you know they will be complaining about the Solstice GXP and SKY Redline taking production away from the cheaper models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You said it. I'm trying to talk some sense into some guy over there who's all convinced that Sol and Sky owners are completely different and that the cars are nothing alike.... :banghead:
I don't think he really know anything about cars. It seems that he can't see past the sheet metal (or fiberglass) and design. I admit that I'm almost the opposite. I really don't care too much about looks and love the mechanicals. Obviously, I love both of the Kappas!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just went to the solstice forum and read that thread. wow, that is one childish thread over there!! that one guy is so against the sky its unbelievable!!! I dont understand it really, it sure seems to me that more people actually like the looks of the sky better then the solstice anyway. every other forum I go to, 90% of the people on it say they prefer the sky over the sol. and the only forum that prefers the sol is the solstice forum :) imagine that :) hehe

but hey, I love both cars!!! I just like the sky better :) but thats just me

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Two Cents

If anyone should be jealous, it's the Sky people who have another 6-8 months to wait for their dream to come true. At this point, I just stare at my calendar hoping the days will move quicker. Oh well, with good luck and constant contact with my dealer, I will have my Sky next Spring

·
Registered
202 Posts
Several divisions live in harmony at my house, as long as they don't pull too far up on the left side of the driveway. The short brick wall there makes it hard to open the long coupe doors enough to get out of the car :D

Although I do like the looks of the Solstice, the SKY will be the one I buy. Pontiac owners shouldn't be jealous, they get theirs 6 months earlier than ours!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Most of us on both forums are fans of both cars. That thread was simply a disgrace, and don't let a few loudmouths with a different opinion than yourselves make you think less of Solstice enthusiasts. That thread has been locked by the moderators.

These cars are siblings, and I would hope the owners and enthusiast on both sites will treat each other as family. Sure there will be the occasional family squabble, and every family has a crazy uncle Louie who is bound to stir the pot now and then. However, with the similarities between the two, there is far more in common than there is different.

:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fformula88 said:
These cars are siblings, and I would hope the owners and enthusiast on both sites will treat each other as family. Sure there will be the occasional family squabble, and every family has a crazy uncle Louie who is bound to stir the pot now and then. However, with the similarities between the two, there is far more in common than there is different.

:D
opel? :lol:

seriousely, people are always going to complain and be jealous of each other. i dont let it get to me, and i know that most of us really appreaciate any kappa out there!

:grouphug:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was so childish, just like they were so jealous of someone else getting a car similar to theirs, and all the comments about the Sky looking too much like a Solstice, the only things i see that are close are the humps behind the seat the windshield and the top, the rest of the car has enough individuality to set them apart.... Like i said i amost got in on the first 1000 on the Solstice, but on my way to the dealership something came over me and i decided to wait for the Sky.. I just love it's minivette looks...I tried to remind them that the Fiero was a Pontiac only car and it folded after only 5 years.. do they want the same thing to happen to the Solstice.. the more models they can build of this platform the stronger it will be around...

·
Registered
750 Posts
when I read it

I read it yesterday and I'm not a member of that forum to crouded, but I do like reading it from time to time. It was getting to me :mad: but I then looked at my sky on my desktop and I :lol: I love the styleing on the sky, I respect people who want the sol and yes mechanically they are the same but not as big a fan of styleing but guess what its an opinion. I'm not complaining that i have to wait a year to get my sky (redline baby)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sky4christ said:
I read it yesterday and I'm not a member of that forum to crouded, but I do like reading it from time to time. It was getting to me :mad: but I then looked at my sky on my desktop and I :lol: I love the styleing on the sky, I respect people who want the sol and yes mechanically they are the same but not as big a fan of styleing but guess what its an opinion. I'm not complaining that i have to wait a year to get my sky (redline baby)
yeah i got a Red Sky on my desktop at home and work, and I printed two pictures of it on Photo grade paper and have them taped to my bedroom mirror... I got it soooo bad LOL

·
Registered
750 Posts
classic66vair said:
yeah i got a Red Sky on my desktop at home and work, and I printed two pictures of it on Photo grade paper and have them taped to my bedroom mirror... I got it soooo bad LOL
Dude I got it bad too. poster in my room I got a the dealership, background at work computer, background on my friends computer that is currently at my house hooked up to my projector. YEa lifesize I stand by it every day. one of these days I'll post a pic with me next to it on my projector. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Walls, Computer backround at home, at work, and on the PDA. Just can't get enough of the SKY. :lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
A funny thing happened today...

Today I go to a car show I've never been to before in a place called Atco, NJ. Some pretty nice iron on display there; some '50s Chevy trucks, lots of muscle cars, '40s/'50s/'60s Dodges, Pontiacs, Fords.. you name the manuafacturer, there was one of it's cars there.

Well, as I'm walking along I look up and to the left because some really bright red roadster caught my eye (no, it wasn't a SKY, but close! :) ). It's a 2006 Pontiac Solstice!!! :willy: Of course I get excited because it's a Kappa car on display.

Anyway, yes it is GM-owned; 1 of 10 pulled off the line for engineering purposes (tests), as I soon learned. To the point: it was brought there by one of the car show judges, who just happens to be a Regional Division Manager for the NY region for Pontiac. He said he grabbed it as he left Friday, knowing people would get a kick out of seeing it at the show (you think?). It drew a lot of spectators while I was there (for about a good 20-25 minutes). When asked about it's performance, he said it's a ton of fun to drive and does not leave the driver disappointed. The hood was already opened, and upon request, he popped open the trunk to show me how the top looked stored and the little amount of storage space (he asked that I not take a picture - GM's orders!).

The funny thing? Just about everyone I spoke to *liked* the Solstice, but said they'd buy a SKY instead! I met a couple who had to be in their late 50s admiring the car... they thought I owned the car because of the way I spoke about it and the SKY. They told me they had the chance to get one of the first 1000, but the husband wants the SKY more so they're waiting.

Anyway, I thought it was funny how a PONTIAC was on display and the SATURN was the one being talked about more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. - yes, I admitted to him that although I fell in love with the Solstice back in 2002, it was Saturn that store my heart (and soon wallet) as I will e buying a SKY. He was cool about it though. When I was leaving, I shook his hand and thanked him for his time. He replied, "No, thank YOU.. it was a pleasure talking to someone who knows more than I do about my car!".

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Congrats on catching the Solstice on display, too bad about no pictures though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Today I go to a car show I've never been to before in a place called Atco, NJ. Some pretty nice iron on display there; some '50s Chevy trucks, lots of muscle cars, '40s/'50s/'60s Dodges, Pontiacs, Fords.. you name the manuafacturer, there was one of it's cars there.

Well, as I'm walking along I look up and to the left because some really bright red roadster caught my eye (no, it wasn't a SKY, but close! :) ). It's a 2006 Pontiac Solstice!!! :willy: Of course I get excited because it's a Kappa car on display.

Anyway, yes it is GM-owned; 1 of 10 pulled off the line for engineering purposes (tests), as I soon learned. To the point: it was brought there by one of the car show judges, who just happens to be a Regional Division Manager for the NY region for Pontiac. He said he grabbed it as he left Friday, knowing people would get a kick out of seeing it at the show (you think?). It drew a lot of spectators while I was there (for about a good 20-25 minutes). When asked about it's performance, he said it's a ton of fun to drive and does not leave the driver disappointed. The hood was already opened, and upon request, he popped open the trunk to show me how the top looked stored and the little amount of storage space (he asked that I not take a picture - GM's orders!).

The funny thing? Just about everyone I spoke to *liked* the Solstice, but said they'd buy a SKY instead! I met a couple who had to be in their late 50s admiring the car... they thought I owned the car because of the way I spoke about it and the SKY. They told me they had the chance to get one of the first 1000, but the husband wants the SKY more so they're waiting.

Anyway, I thought it was funny how a PONTIAC was on display and the SATURN was the one being talked about more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. - yes, I admitted to him that although I fell in love with the Solstice back in 2002, it was Saturn that store my heart (and soon wallet) as I will e buying a SKY. He was cool about it though. When I was leaving, I shook his hand and thanked him for his time. He replied, "No, thank YOU.. it was a pleasure talking to someone who knows more than I do about my car!".
tell us about the trunk and the sorage space and the top...c'mon, i want the tasty details :willy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts