Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the new photos I've seen of he Solstice, I can't understand why they would call it a trunk! It's roof storage. You'd be hard pressed to get a pair of sox in that thing. The Miata has more trunk space!

I know the Miata looks like cap compaired to the Sky. Perhaps I should go back to looking at an SLK-230.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for showing me that something can actually fit in the thing! Is that with the roof up or down?

I was really worried after I saw some pics today. I was ready to cancel my order. I don't expect to get 3 friends into the drive-in by putting them in the trunk but I want to make sure I can get an over night bag in. Looks like I can. If the photo you are showing is with the roof down then the car is a keeper. I really am excited about getting a Sky.

Rick

·
Registered
242 Posts
since i don't plan on transporting a body in the trunk...it the space is fine with me! :lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
sky_line said:
since i don't plan on transporting a body in the trunk...it the space is fine with me! :lol: :cheers:
:lol: Top down, wheels rolling, and no bodies in the trunk. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
lets call it what it is. in my best british acent it is a boot
I can live with that especially if it ends all the complaining about the lack of trunk space. :cheers:

·
Registered
432 Posts
that pic was taken with the top up, but the top can be folded down on top of that bag. dont be freakin out too much over the trunk space. GM likes to underpromist and overdeliver. my guess is that once you have it, youll be surprised at how much you will be able to fit in there. its just a matter of using every inch of space. :)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
rick112 said:
Thank you for showing me that something can actually fit in the thing! Is that with the roof up or down?

I was really worried after I saw some pics today. I was ready to cancel my order. I don't expect to get 3 friends into the drive-in by putting them in the trunk but I want to make sure I can get an over night bag in. Looks like I can. If the photo you are showing is with the roof down then the car is a keeper. I really am excited about getting a Sky.

Rick
People have seen a set of clubs like that with the roof down, and two sets of clubs like that with the roof up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rick112 said:

Rick

The car is meant to be a weekend car / date car. You could fit an overnight bag, a small golf bag, etc… in the trunk. That’s it.

And I am sorry if I came across as rude. I come from another car forum where people eviscerate each other…so it’s hard to adjust. Also this topic has been brought up several times, and it’s just getting old.

Lets just say that this shouldn’t be your daily driver unless you’re a single guy (or girl) who isn’t going to be carrying around a lot of stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
And if you happen to want to add audio equipment to the SKY, "trunk" space will really be at a premium. :banghead:

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
lbsst14 said:
The car is meant to be a weekend car / date car. You could fit an overnight bag, a small golf bag, etc… in the trunk. That’s it.

And I am sorry if I came across as rude. I come from another car forum where people eviscerate each other…so it’s hard to adjust. Also this topic has been brought up several times, and it’s just getting old.

Lets just say that this shouldn’t be your daily driver unless you’re a single guy (or girl) who isn’t going to be carrying around a lot of stuff.
Right it is a fun car, something for me at least to be able to cruise up and down Woodward every August in.

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey, i just thought of something.........

the trunk in the mx5 is prolly so much "roomier" because of how much the rear overhangs vs the sol. look at them side by side and you'll see how the back end of the mx5 sticks out way further past the wheels than in the sol. again, i say i would rather have the car handle better than add an extra foot of space. leave it the way it is!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Single/idiot

well I'm single and have the full front seat to use, so bonus I'm single, ugh.... :banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lbsst14

No offence taken. Thanks for the photo and the info. I feel a little better after your posts. I don't expect to have the trunk space of a '66 Chrysler. I was worried that I wouldn't have the space for an overnight bag with the top down. I will check it out when I see the Solstice next month. Until then my dealer can keep my deposit in his bank account.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts