Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
As I am new here I just have one question.... Does anyone else get the feeling that you are irritating the salesman everytime you drop by.. I stopped by today just to see if there was any changes and I get the feeling my saturn dealor is laughing at me. As of now I am suppose to be number one on the list to get the sky after the first "show" model. My dealor tells me today that they hear there may be more delays?? That is not what I am reading in all the other threads... He says probably they will get the first show car in march but is still not sure when he will get the first one to sell (MINE) can he really not know??

:confused: :confused:
Kimmi

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes, he can really not know. I asked yesterday evening about the status of our demo SKY, and then after lunch today was told to call my 1st SKY customer! It's kinda like the weather here in NC...if you don't like it, wait five minutes. It WILL change, LOL. My guess is that it is a communication issue. Be calm, information will flow, orders will be placed, joy will erupt around the country...
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Don't worry about iritating the salespeople, they are their to sell cars, make a living. If you feel there is some problem, go to the dealer GM, talk to him. they got what you want, you got what they want, they want your money, you want there product, however the edge is with you, because, unlike their product, your money can leave with you.:cheers: :cool:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME HAVEN'T BEEN TO MY DEALER FOR AT LEAST A MONTH, i BETTER GET OVER THERE OR THEY MIGHT THINK I'M MISSING :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Kimmi.... you arent alone... i feel like i am bugging my salesperson...EVERYtime i go in there... BUT... that is what they are there for..to answer our questions!!! and dispell rumore, heresay.. or.. confirm them... I LIKE THE LATTER... anyway, just keep plugging away at them.. one day you will stop by and they will say.. GUESS WHAT KIMMI..... IT IS TIME! so, when that day comes.... LET US ALL KNOW.... WE ARE EAGERLY WAITING NEWS FROM ALL MEMBERS OF OUR SKY FAMILY AS TO WHEN THEIR BABY IS ORDERED..... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME HAVEN'T BEEN TO MY DEALER FOR AT LEAST A MONTH, i BETTER GET OVER THERE OR THEY MIGHT THINK I'M MISSING :lol: :lol:

OH NO :willy: OH NO :willy: GET OVER THERE.. QUICK...... MAYBE THERE IS NEWS... i can be hopeful... SkyBaby-07

:will be expecting report at 2100 hrs.....:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why in hurry

Hi Sky Friends!

Why you are so scared? I am from germany and we see the first sky for Europe now in Geneva on some few days. I have to wait at least until beginning of next year!!!:mad:
I have to go to USA to have him before. So I think you will see the first ones at the end of the presentation in Geneva. So middle of March you will be onthe lucky side.
The only good thing will be the 260 hp middle of 2007. If you want to see the Europe version look at:
http://www.salon-auto.ch/de/premieres/index2.php?idIndex=5340&idContent=45933

Hope to have my baby soon :cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My guess is that Saturn sales people arn't used to this kinda thing. I get the same thing from my dealer and I call about every three weeks to a month. People calling every week or even every day for an update on a car that hasn't even been produced let alone shipped. They arn't equipted to deal with it.

I have to say though that for the most part the dealer and the other Saturn reps seem to be the worst source for information. They either don't know or can't say.

The best place for info is still right here. You have to filter through a lot of crap (excuse my French) sometimes but some of it is very good and I'd have little to know informatiion if it wasn't for this site.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
My guess is that Saturn sales people arn't used to this kinda thing. I get the same thing from my dealer and I call about every three weeks to a month. People calling every week or even every day for an update on a car that hasn't even been produced let alone shipped. They arn't equipted to deal with it.

I have to say though that for the most part the dealer and the other Saturn reps seem to be the worst source for information. They either don't know or can't say.

The best place for info is still right here. You have to filter through a lot of crap (excuse my French) sometimes but some of it is very good and I'd have little to know informatiion if it wasn't for this site.:thumbs:
:agree: And is that" le crap "or" la crap" :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
rick112 said:

:::Sitting here keeping quiet...biting on my desk so as not to speak out:::
Jill

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Jill
Loose lips sink ships!!!:nono: Be patient, read a book, or go quail/Harry hunting on the "CHECK THIS OUT" thread. Afun way to pass the time.
I feel like biting the desk though, too! March 21st is getting closer everyday:thumbs:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ernest said:
Get 1 of each, problem solved!:lol: :lol:
I think I will get more than one, once I get my Music Production & Graphics design company off the ground. I still can't decide on one color.. :rolleyes:

One for me and one for my friends. who would normally be pissed that there's no back seat for them...

They would laugh and freak out when I told them "awww, there's no back seat for you, but just go drive my other SKY"

hehe,... actually I don't think I would let anyone even touch the car. hehe

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I hope the best of everything for your new company, sounds great. I have a friend in Austin who has a music publishing company, he has my two copywrited songs thast belonged to my late brother. He is like my brother.
We were all part of an old band, "Perry Mason & the Defendents". Check out his webb site, 3ballsoffire.com. Burnin' Mike Vernon, great C.D.s, terrific band!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Flawless Germany said:
Hi Sky Friends!

Why you are so scared? I am from germany and we see the first sky for Europe now in Geneva on some few days. I have to wait at least until beginning of next year!!!:mad:
I have to go to USA to have him before. So I think you will see the first ones at the end of the presentation in Geneva. So middle of March you will be onthe lucky side.
The only good thing will be the 260 hp middle of 2007. If you want to see the Europe version look at:
http://www.salon-auto.ch/de/premieres/index2.php?idIndex=5340&idContent=45933

Hope to have my baby soon :cool:
Hello Flawless. It is not that anyone is scared. This is all an act to cover up the plan to hold all Opel production till demand is filled here.
How do these rumers get started anyway?
Welcome here. I hope to see your country one day.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Jill
I hope you did not put any old gum under the lip of that there desk that you are bitin on. Skip...:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
rick112 said:

Sorry, but I had to laugh when I read that this is the best place for info. This is a great site for entertainment and the people here are wonderful, but as far as information, I'd say 75+% is pure speculation or just plain wrong.

If I believed everything on this site, I'd either have my car now or I'd be waiting until May. I'd be able to get a manual only or I'd be able to get an automatic at launch. I can get any color or any color but bluestone. Yellow would be either not available or saved for the red line. All cars can be ordered to your specifications or they only come the way GM will send them. Even the so-called experts on this site have been very wrong on a number of items.

In Jill's defense, I'd say the dealer and sales people are passing along what they know. Its probably hard for you and others to accept that they don't have all the information on the car, but for whatever reason, Saturn isn't giving all of this out.

I'd say lets chill out. Until its official, its speculation. No need to diss the salespeople who are trying to make an honest living. I'm guessing that the amount of time they are spending with you is disproportinate to the amount of $ they will make on this one sale.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
johnny99 said:
Sorry, but I had to laugh when I read that this is the best place for info. This is a great site for entertainment and the people here are wonderful, but as far as information, I'd say 75+% is pure speculation or just plain wrong.

If I believed everything on this site, I'd either have my car now or I'd be waiting until May. I'd be able to get a manual only or I'd be able to get an automatic at launch. I can get any color or any color but bluestone. Yellow would be either not available or saved for the red line. All cars can be ordered to your specifications or they only come the way GM will send them. Even the so-called experts on this site have been very wrong on a number of items.

In Jill's defense, I'd say the dealer and sales people are passing along what they know. Its probably hard for you and others to accept that they don't have all the information on the car, but for whatever reason, Saturn isn't giving all of this out.

I'd say lets chill out. Until its official, its speculation. No need to diss the salespeople who are trying to make an honest living. I'm guessing that the amount of time they are spending with you is disproportinate to the amount of $ they will make on this one sale.

Ok.... i have been quiet for a few days.... not feeling well,,, a darn flare up of my MS ... and the arthritis on top of it sucks.. anyway, i was just going to read and go back to bed... CANT DO THAT TODAY...... I REALLY.:nono: . DO NOT think it was an attack on JILL personally.... there ARE plenty of salesmen who have no clue what is going on, but then you speak with another one and they actually give you credible information.... i think this is the site for speculation:confused: /comments/opinions/joking:jester: /and sharing whatever information "we" all come across and to pass it on to see if anyone else has gotten similar info. I am sure when Jill speaks to her customers she is very.:thumbs: . VERY knowledgable and passes on the CORRECT information that she is given.... and if there is no new info..... hmmm.... not sure here, but i think she would be the first to say.... NOTHING NEW TODAY.... check back tomorrow .. or i will see if the question you asked can be answered by my GM..... i know from personal experience that AT MY DEALERSHIP........ i can ask one salesguy.... and he knows SOMETHING... and walk up to the other and he knows... NOTHING.:willy: ... he either wasnt listening at the metting or he is just there to put in his time.... SO.... IN JILLS DEFENSE.. AND THE PERSON WHO HAD A GENERAL STATEMENT ABOUT.... "SALESPEOPLE"....... THAT COMMENT I AM SURE WAS NOT:nono: MEANT PERSONALLY TO HER...... ... I love getting on here and looking for new information that she has.....and, if there is none... well, i wait another day..... ... OKAY.. RANT OVER......... Jill, please tell me if i am out of line... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Skip said:
I hope you did not put any old gum under the lip of that there desk that you are bitin on. Skip...:lol: :cool:

YUMMY...... IS IT STRAWBERRY/BANANA?.... SHARE PLEASE...... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 43 Posts