Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear the agruments on why I should get chili red vs getting silver pearl. I am terrible stuck between these two and can not decide. I love the red however, I already own a red eclipse and I might be keeping that (for the winter). I also love the silver pearl just don't think it is as flashy as the red......anyone elses opinions on the colors would be helpful, I have never seen them in person....

thanks waiting for replies....!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Red Red Red!!!

I wanted a color that showed off the lines of the Sky, sometimes there are only a few colors that look good on a car, that show it off.

I originally thought of the yellow but we have not seen that in true life yet, So when I went to Canada in October to put down my deposit I looked at the Sky colors since they have them on other cars. The green was so dark that you had to get close to see what it really was and the same with the dark blue. Black looks good on almost anything but it seems like it would hide the lines on the Sky.
Then you get into the Silver, Silver Pearl and White. You can see your lines better but just not enough pop to the car, meaning it needs something else. But, when you look at the red color, it stands out, saw that in the sunshine on the dealers lot and I feel it will make the lines come out the best, plus red and convertable go and in hand.
I own a classic irmine white 67 Impala ragtop and it shows off really nice with the white but I have seen red ones that look much better and no other color quite adds up to it.
Since I am also a designer I look at curves and lines and what attracts the eyes to an object. I wish Saturn had been more inventive in thier color palette and offered brighter jewel tones for this wonderful car. Maybe something will change between now and then.

Kimberly
ChiliSky:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
After thought

Why dont you go to the Saturn dealership near you and look at the colors, that will at least give you some more perspective
They have a color palate on the wall with some of the colors of the Sky as well

Kimberly

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Silver Pearl

These are shots I took of the Silver Pearl when it was in Columbia in October. They were taken in late morning sunlight and it looks great. Silver would be my second choice though, Chili Red will be my first and last pick hopefully.

I hope all this rambling has helped you.

Kimberly
ChiliSky :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Skybeam, sounds to me that you choice has already been made. Before we saw the red in person, it was the last color I thought I would like. BUT when we saw this beauty in person, it took our breath away. I circled the car so many times gawking, I had to sit down because my back hurt. My wife loved it too, but is wondering if it says "look at me." True, the police would definitly take notice. We hope to see a silver-pearl in person too.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I found silver to be boring. Within a year of purchasing my current Saturn I regretted it. For a sports car -- it will blend into the sea of silver sedans and mini-vans that now seem to populate the world -- Just to be different than 75% of the cars out there (they seem to be all silver...) -- I vote Yellow. I'd go red -- but I have done that color - want to move to a new one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rick, I hope they do your yellow like the one in the calender, not the yellow that is on their website. That would be a great color and not many out there.
That's the color I'd get if this was for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd get the silver because I simply do not like red on the Sky. My preference at the moment is the green and the black.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
of the colors available right now to me chilipepper red is hands down the hottest color (no pun intended)
I do wish they made a blue like the Corvette has it think it is called LeMans blue...

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
of the colors available right now to me chilipepper red is hands down the hottest color (no pun intended)
I do wish they made a blue like the Corvette has it think it is called LeMans blue...
I agree.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why don't they make a sky blue color? I mean if you put a white interior it would look like clouds, the car would be sweet!...uh I mean...of course I'd never pick that color....being a man and all........but wait, if I told people it was my girl's car.....hmmmmm...... :D
No really though, I thought I was going to go with silver, but now that I have seen it, it is kind of boring. The red I saw looked amazing, but too "mid-life crisis" I think. Plus all of the red cars I have seen or had had problems with the clear coats. Dark colors show fingerprints/dirt too easy. So I guess I am left with yellow or white, and since I have a white one now, I'll go with yellow since it was my first choice, but they didn't have that as an option on my car until '03. So yellow it is.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skyOwner2be said:
Why don't they make a sky blue color? I mean if you put a white interior it would look like clouds, the car would be sweet!...uh I mean...of course I'd never pick that color....being a man and all........but wait, if I told people it was my girl's car.....hmmmmm...... :D
No really though, I thought I was going to go with silver, but now that I have seen it, it is kind of boring. The red I saw looked amazing, but too "mid-life crisis" I think. Plus all of the red cars I have seen or had had problems with the clear coats. Dark colors show fingerprints/dirt too easy. So I guess I am left with yellow or white, and since I have a white one now, I'll go with yellow since it was my first choice, but they didn't have that as an option on my car until '03. So yellow it is.
well i have only owned one yellow vehicle, and it was the correct color for it because it was the only LEMON I have ever owned... Problems came up all the time, I finally got rid of it after one year when the transmission gave up and I couldn't get them to put in a new one...(this was not a GM vehicle)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to agree with SkyMan 07, if Saturn had the Lemans blue it would be my hands down choice. Right now I am leaning toward the Midnight Blue, second choice would be Yellow. Red is to "cliché" for me, even though it does look great.... :cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was stuck between Silver Pearl and Black Onyx, but one of the best looking cars i ever saw in my life was a Silver Jag with black top and Black tinted windows and wire wheels...to coin a phrase from my students...it was KRUNK!
Silver Pearl for me

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have your exact problem but I like a car that shows off its shine and being one of few, the Chili will do just that, I do like the Silver a lot.
I ordered the Chili w/black leather and everything else.
jacwag

·
Registered
74 Posts
color choice

I personally am going with red. It's my fave color, plus my first convertible. The silver pearl looks very nice, I saw it at an auto show in Nov., but I want this car to stand out! Just do it justice, and get black top and interior....not tan! How old fartish!:nono:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Silver pearl

I love both the silver and the red...but I agree the red is cliche. WHY don't they have the blue like the vette or the Daytona blue in the nissan? That would be mine hands down also!

Granted there are a lot of silvers out there...but with these lines, the black top and leather, top down...it WILL NOT blend in with all the other silver "cars and mini vans"...this baby will stand out!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBound said:
I have to agree with SkyMan 07, if Saturn had the Lemans blue it would be my hands down choice. Right now I am leaning toward the Midnight Blue, second choice would be Yellow. Red is to "cliché" for me, even though it does look great.... :cheers:
to me Silvers and gray colors are boring, along with white... Black is too hard to keep clean... give me a bright red or bright blue anytime...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts