Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get over how the Sky(not due to come out until early 2006) already has options on it's broschure but the solstice due to come out in just a few months doesn't have any info on it's broschure. What is up with that?? :crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
I can't get over how the Sky(not due to come out until early 2006) already has options on it's broschure but the solstice due to come out in just a few months doesn't have any info on it's broschure. What is up with that?? :crazy
Pontiac's uber-secretive executives are not letting that information out of their skunkworks for who knows what reason. Cardealer did post some preliminary options and codes from the Solstice he got off of GM Dealerworld. I wish GM would publish more info on the options for the Sol!

As for why the Sky has them, maybe to show how it will be a more "upscale" roadster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Pontiac's uber-secretive executives are not letting that information out of their skunkworks for who knows what reason. Cardealer did post some preliminary options and codes from the Solstice he got off of GM Dealerworld. I wish GM would publish more info on the options for the Sol!

As for why the Sky has them, maybe to show how it will be a more "upscale" roadster.
I wonder if that's costing GM sales on the Sol, people who are moving on because there is not enough to hold their interest.... :leaving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
RODEO said:
I wonder if that's costing GM sales on the Sol, people who are moving on because there is not enough to hold their interest.... :leaving
Or it could be working as per their design, they want the intrigue to keep interest alive on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
I can't get over how the Sky(not due to come out until early 2006) already has options on it's broschure but the solstice due to come out in just a few months doesn't have any info on it's broschure. What is up with that?? :crazy
Pammy; Did I miss something? What brochure and where is it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
I’ve missed that PDF in the past. However, they are just trying to say what is on the car. Its not that far from what we know about the Solstice either. Although Pontiac doesn’t have a nice, clean PDF out, we do have the GM Dealerworld info which is essentially the same type of stuff.

It won’t be too much longer before GM decides on final options and specifications for the Sol. I do not think we will see any other similar info prior to the release of those final specs and options.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
I believe her complaint is that Saturn has this information official for the Sky now, but we don't have this information as official for the Solstice yet even though it's going into production soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Michael said:
I hope this doesn't mean the Solstice will become the stepchild of the kappas!
It might. I'm betting the Sky will get far more fanfair then the Solstice any chance GM can. From everythign we've read it seems like GM is betting on the Sky and Aura to help bring Saturn out of the gutter and into high society.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Michael said:
I hope this doesn't mean the Solstice will become the stepchild of the kappas!
Once they launch Sol it will be back in the limelight for 6 months while there is no Sky out yet, then Sky will be back in limelight when they launch down the line. I don't see any stepchild issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I hope not mceb, you're likely right. I was just concerned in that the Sky is supposed to be 'upscale'. Which reminds me, has anyone noticed there's no panic handle for the passenger next to the console as there is on the Solstice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Michael said:
I hope not mceb, you're likely right. I was just concerned in that the Sky is supposed to be 'upscale'.
Upscale just means more options in built into the base price and a more bells/whistles in the interior. I think the 2 cars will live as siblings :smile
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Michael said:
I hope not mceb, you're likely right. I was just concerned in that the Sky is supposed to be 'upscale'. Which reminds me, has anyone noticed there's no panic handle for the passenger next to the console as there is on the Solstice?
Yeah, I was kinda disapointed it wasn't there. I thought that was the most awesome "Oh S*!T" handle I had ever seen. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I thought so too brentil! My thought was 'Now THAT is very cool. Obviously some terror was anticipated by those purchasing the Solstice. :smile
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
mceb said:
Upscale just means more options in built into the base price and a more bells/whistles in the interior. I think the 2 cars will live as siblings :smile
Mike; But "mother motors" will always love the Sky more! :lol Me too... Maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Spectral analysis has determined that he is not the real father of this car. Sad to say this one is a bastard, albeit a nice one. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My friend picked a Sky Brochure up for me at the L.A. autoshow =) It's short but sweet gives all the standard and Available equipment =)
On the back of the brochure it says :This is the Saturn Sky
Available early 2006
Performance:
Front engine, rear- wheel drive
2.4-liter, 16-valve, inline-4 Ecotec engine with Variable Valve Timing
170horsepower, 162 ft lbs. of torque
5-speed manual transmission with short throw shifter and self-adjusting clutch
Available electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission
4-wheel independent suspension with coil over bilstein monotube shocks
18inch flangeless alloy wheels equipped with Goodyear P245/45 performance tires
Hydraulic power assisted rack and pinion steering
Hydroformed/stamped steel body structure with steel and aluminum chassis
Available torque sensing limited slip differential
Comfort and Convenience:
Cloth conv. top with defroster equipped glass rear window
Air conditioning
Power windows locks and exterior mirrors
Extended range remote keyless entry
Cruise control
CD player with AM/FM stereo and six speakers
Available six disc, in dash CD/MP3 player wih seven speaker Monsoon audio system
Available XM radio
Available Leather Appointments
Safety:
OnStar System with one year Safe and Sound Service plan
Four wheel disc brakes with ABS
Dual Stage front air bags with Passenger Sensing System
Three point safety belts with pretensioners and energy absorbing retractors
Engine immoblilizing theft deterrent feature
Automatic projector beam halogen headlamps
Projector beam halogen foglamps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the way What is the Sol? I must see a pic of this car. Does anyone have a pic? You guys seem to have good taste in cars so I'm sure it is cool too :smile
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top