Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WI Sols - October 1st Run in the DELLS
Start Planning now-

A WI/IL/NEO/PA RUN in CENTRAL WISCONSIN!

Druid-2 & Mrs D2 will be in WI for several days-so it's time to show 'em what
we got!!

(Envision starting in the Dells and running north to Rib Mtn and back down)
(Or a big loop running from the Dells down thru Sauk City, The Merrimac Ferry, Baraboo, etc.)

Mid-week runs possible first week in October as well, I know some can get away to show D2 the back roads of WI!

Can we lure more NEO/PAs?? KY? GA? IL? IN? MN? Early October is great weather, cool, but definitely still top down days!!

Full details as they develop:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19094

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SolWhat? said:
WI Sols - October 1st Run in the DELLS
Start Planning now-

A WI/IL/NEO/PA RUN in CENTRAL WISCONSIN!

Druid-2 & Mrs D2 will be in WI for several days-so it's time to show 'em what
we got!!

(Envision starting in the Dells and running north to Rib Mtn and back down)
(Or a big loop running from the Dells down thru Sauk City, The Merrimac Ferry, Baraboo, etc.)

Mid-week runs possible first week in October as well, I know some can get away to show D2 the back roads of WI!

Can we lure more NEO/PAs?? KY? GA? IL? IN? MN? Early October is great weather, cool, but definitely still top down days!!

Full details as they develop:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19094
COUNT US IN.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
945 Posts
keep on-a bumpin' this one

I've been bumping the 07-29 and nada nichevo zilch bupkus

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update for Participants - 18 to date

As plans are developing, it looks like we'll be running on both Saturday 9/30 & Sunday 10/1. Afternoon both days.

There will also be impromptu runs on Wednesday 10/4 and Friday 10/6.

The following is the updated list of participants posted on the Solstice Forum. We have at least 3 Skys committed already.

State Represented (7):
WI IL OH PA NJ MN MI

The list, and when they can run:

Solstices:
Aspenrose -WI - Sat & Sun
SolWhat? - WI - Sat, Sun, Wed, Fri
PAS22 - WI
gbslysol - WI - SUNDAY/MONDAY & FRIDAY
druid-2 - OH - Sat & Sun & FRIDAY
MomsSol - PA - SUNDAY-?
XMM - PA -
Solli4me - NJ - SUNDAY-?
Warthog - OH -Sat & Sun
L3M1315 - WI
Devoking - OH - SATURDAY RUN
Sadie Solstice - MN
karilynhart - IL
Jerry Valley - WI
hipower - MI

Skys:
SKYHI07 - IL -
SkyBaby - IL
hollen - WI

Just think if we can get all of the usual suspects too-
Canoerick/sol1570/taxlaw/Go Boilers/Boat Drink/pastperfect55/hearts a flutter/thdrbird10/SolCar, plus the WI folks who haven't joined a run yet:
hatetowait/rodman/jtstack/injunnuity/SledderSteve/sam8white/mr fantastic/RJD1122/cparise/bbradshaw/jugiefruit/scottjl/gasmanrick/
then add in those near by that really wanna come up/over and run
We could hit 36-37 easily!
This will no doubt be the last big run up here for the season, although we're working on other runs to do yet this summer-so many roads, so little time

PM me if you are interested. Details will be posted both here and at www.solsticeforum.com as they develop.

·
Registered
945 Posts
and it will be a blast- as usual.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I am looking forward to this....... sounds like a BLAST...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
945 Posts
Attagirl Teri

keep bumping it

:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Whoo HOOOOOO!!!!!! The show at DOWNERS GROVE WAS AWESOME... i am working on some of my COHORTS...... to go along with us for this drive.... CANT WAIT....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
308 Posts
run

Druid-2 said:
Attagirl Teri

keep bumping it

:cheers:
just have a question, is it just skys and solsticis or can a bmw and a mustang join in on the run. we have a couple of friends that are interested in coming along on the run and i told them i would check with you first before we all commit to going on the run

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bentley said:
just have a question, is it just skys and solsticis or can a bmw and a mustang join in on the run. we have a couple of friends that are interested in coming along on the run and i told them i would check with you first before we all commit to going on the run
Bentley,

I have no objection, but the run is primarily for Solstices and Skys. If your friends don't mind running at the end of the pack, bring them on.

This was explained to me by a couple of other guys who are in the Porsche club and the BMW club. A driver of any brand car can join their runs as long as they are content to run at the rear of the pack.

We had a MX-5 join one of our pre-runs and he automatically went to the rear when we formed up to pull out of our meeting place to start the run.

Does this make sense?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SolWhat? said:
Bentley,

I have no objection, but the run is primarily for Solstices and Skys. If your friends don't mind running at the end of the pack, bring them on.

This was explained to me by a couple of other guys who are in the Porsche club and the BMW club. A driver of any brand car can join their runs as long as they are content to run at the rear of the pack.

We had a MX-5 join one of our pre-runs and he automatically went to the rear when we formed up to pull out of our meeting place to start the run.

Does this make sense?
Makes sense to me..... that way they wont be left out and we will have ONE more SKY.......SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
745 Posts
I will try to make

We had such a great time in Downers but only one Solstice came. These cousins are so limited we have to join together to have some numbers out there. On leting other cars in Im all for it except if the numbers overwhelm the purpose of Kappa run. Just a thought
Scott

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I wish we could get enough SKY's there... to have a line..... of.... SOL/SKY/SOL/SKY/SOL/SKY... and so on... .... that would BE AWESOME....SkyBaby-07

By the way..... i have seen a black sol in Byron, Illinois.... several times... i tried to follow it one day.. but, i felt like a stalker..... just turned around and went home....... does anyone know who it is????

·
Registered
421 Posts
Saw my twin!

SkyBaby said:

By the way..... i have seen a black sol in Byron, Illinois.... several times... i tried to follow it one day.. but, i felt like a stalker..... just turned around and went home....... does anyone know who it is????
Had to pick up my regular car Sunday from the dealer where I left it Saturday when I got my Sky (haven't figured out how to drive two cars yet). So I'm cruising along HWY 53, right lane and all, trying to stay under 60 for break-in. You know totally zoned into the radio, copping rays and all when I sense this car pacing me in the left lane. Looked up and it was my twin! This guy was grinning ear to ear. No idea who he was. Wasn't at the DG show.

My daughter was driving behind in my old car and snapped a couple shots with her camera phone. Guy laughs at how startled I was, waves and roars off. Stormy wanted to race after him but I had to hold her back. Only had 100 mi. Too early to open up.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Had to pick up my regular car Sunday from the dealer where I left it Saturday when I got my Sky (haven't figured out how to drive two cars yet). So I'm cruising along HWY 53, right lane and all, trying to stay under 60 for break-in. You know totally zoned into the radio, copping rays and all when I sense this car pacing me in the left lane. Looked up and it was my twin! This guy was grinning ear to ear. No idea who he was. Wasn't at the DG show.

My daughter was driving behind in my old car and snapped a couple shots with her camera phone. Guy laughs at how startled I was, waves and roars off. Stormy wanted to race after him but I had to hold her back. Only had 100 mi. Too early to open up.
How awesome.... POST THE PIC WHEN YOU CAN...... way too cool.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
745 Posts
Come on Skyline

Your getting a Redline, you got a warranty, open her up. Just kidding you got to come to Bloomington on August 12th for Ricks Cruise, we can hook-up and go out in a group. P.M. me if you can make it.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts