Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a while to convince wifey that; Yes, I was having a mid life crisis (mid-life if I plan to be 110) and Yes, I was not taking no for an answer. So, finally she is 100% onboard with the SKY!! :cheers:
We like to take driving trips and while we would have an ultimate destination (3-5 days at such and such resort kinda thing); we might take a day or so to get there. I assured her that our Yellow Sky would have enough room for an overnight suitcase. For longer trips though she came up with a GREAT idea. Ship your luggage to the Ultimate Destination. Additionally you can buy more when there and ship it all home when you leave too. :cool:
I had heard the shipping luggage from people I know who work on the road a bit and they will ship their stuff to the hotel and travel with a small carry-on (they fly). This makes sense with a roadster too! :lol:

Any other ideas?? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The luggage shipping idea has been brought up by severnal members at the Solstice forum as well. However the way to optimize your trunk capacity for traveling you need to use a different type of lugage. Soft sided duffel style lugage designed to fit the trunk spaces will give optimal trunk capacity.

For example KappaSphere will be offering lugage designed specificly for the Solstice soon. Images are on the last pages now.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7483

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rick, glad your wife is on board. I like the yellow too, but that is me, the SKY is for my wife, as of yet she's undecided on color.

Brentil has the right idea. At lunch today, this thought came to me. You can pack all the items (you would normally in an overnite case) at the bottom of the trunk area but spread out, as well as the empty and flattened soft sided case. Then put the top down as normal. Voila! Then when you get to your destination, put the top up and pack you overnite and then check in and start gambling!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
doberman said:
Then when you get to your destination, put the top up and pack you overnite and then check in and start gambling!
Hmmm, I do not remember a gambling destination being discussed. :) I have a feeling that I am not the only one to be thinking about driving to Vegas at Night with the top down! :cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither one of us are into gambling. One trip that we are toying with (and could be fun) is to track down the many hauted areas of our state (Illinois). I have a book that details more than fifty destinations. Sounds like fun -- a lot of country driving and a good excuse to go on the road. We plan to drive to a "nice" central location and hit a few spots each trip.
Just as long as delivery of my Yellow (with tan leather interior) SKY leaves me with adequate Summer... That would be tough to take :brentil:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I seem to recall mention that GM was planning on making some modification of the gas tank to allow for more luggage. As for me, I'd get a removable luggage rack. Only problem is that this makes raising the rear decklid more of a hassle,
since you'd probably have to remove the luggage from the rack first.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw a company advertising special 5 piece luggage for the Solstice (Sky) cars. It was designed to fit into all the available space of the trunk area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
luggage!

Delnari said:
I saw a company advertising special 5 piece luggage for the Solstice (Sky) cars. It was designed to fit into all the available space of the trunk area.
Where did you see this at??

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Looked all over

Delnari said:
I looked everywhere online and can not find this luggage. Do you remember where you saw it?

Thanks Kimberly:)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
ChiliSky said:
I looked everywhere online and can not find this luggage. Do you remember where you saw it?
It was shown on the www.solsticeforum.com web site. The luggage was shown in the first message of the topic, Tasty Bits for Your Solstice... 3 of 5.

The company is www.KappaSphere.com, Phone 951 551 4953.

This is pre-production stuff, i.e. not ready for prime time, and it does not appear on their web site yet.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Here are some pictures of the luggage and other items that Kappasphere are offering. When there site first came up here at SkyRoadster I went to it and offered a few jugjestions as to what aftermarket items I would be intrested in seeing. They have been sending me emails about the new stuff they will be coming out with. These items are not yet avalable at the web site. www.kappasphere.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
thanks

Sky-Sol said:
It was shown on the www.solsticeforum.com web site. The luggage was shown in the first message of the topic, Tasty Bits for Your Solstice... 3 of 5.

The company is www.KappaSphere.com, Phone 951 551 4953.

This is pre-production stuff, i.e. not ready for prime time, and it does not appear on their web site yet.

I did just give them a call and they are going to post Sky stuff on here for us. They said they will get a Sky in there and have luggage made for it as well. He said it will have the Sky logo on it too. Wow things are starting to move along finally.

Kimberly:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It took a while to convince wifey that; Yes, I was having a mid life crisis (mid-life if I plan to be 110) and Yes, I was not taking no for an answer. So, finally she is 100% onboard with the SKY!! :cheers:
We like to take driving trips and while we would have an ultimate destination (3-5 days at such and such resort kinda thing); we might take a day or so to get there. I assured her that our Yellow Sky would have enough room for an overnight suitcase. For longer trips though she came up with a GREAT idea. Ship your luggage to the Ultimate Destination. Additionally you can buy more when there and ship it all home when you leave too. :cool:
I had heard the shipping luggage from people I know who work on the road a bit and they will ship their stuff to the hotel and travel with a small carry-on (they fly). This makes sense with a roadster too! :lol:

Any other ideas?? :rolleyes:
Anyone thought of a little matchin trailer. A guy that lives close to me has one he uses with his Prowler.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, maybe we can put a trailer hitch on it and pull a cement mixer! My God I just can not imaging anything attached to the SKY. Maybe you were just kidding and it went over my head. Sorry for my rant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I suggested the UPS shipping on the Solstice site. If you're going to Vegas, I have another suggestion.

Mount a "Just Married" sign on the back of your car and tie and drag your luggage behind you. :lol:

the other thought is with all the extra interior room, you could wear all the clothes you're planning on bringing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts