Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Barry Libitsky today; a very nice So. Cal. Saturn of the Valley sales consultant. Much better than the smug guy at Saturn of West Sahara in Vegas.

He said they are putting 20" wheels and low profile tires on their sky's. I havent seen nor heard of anything like that on the Sol's or Sky's.

I'm not a car guy at all, so i need your help. Is this a good thing?

What about the tire/wheel well problem I've already heard about with the regular wheels?

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
56 Posts
To keep your over height the same you would be riding on a rubberband for a tire. I have bent enough wheels in a 215/45, and to run 20's your tire would be even lighter then that on the height. Keep this in mind before making any wheel swaps. 20's are $$ just imagine how pissed you would be if you had to replace one. Also the added weight will reak havock on this already low hp car. Based on the hp #'s and weight your running high 15's, I'd bet my ass if yuo run 20's you pulling mid 16's. Stick with a nice set of crome 18's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the info- what did you mean by "running high 15's or pulling mid 16's?" I didnt understand that part...

LasVegasPhil

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Stay with the 18's the low profile tire could give stability problems in the corners, I don't know the spec's on linement ....Seal9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts