Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gm announced today that it will extend the warranties for all GM models starting with the 2007 models to 5 years/100,000 miles. Does this mean they will honor the Sky's made and bought prior to the announcement? Our Sky was bought in May, but it is a 2007 model.
Anyone have thoughts or information?

Here is an article about it.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-09-06-gm-warranties_x.htm?csp=34

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
It is CONFIRMED... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The link for the official GM PRESS RELEASE is HERE!!!

All 2007 GM Vehicles, including ALL 2007 SATURNS have a 5 year / 100,000 mile POWERTRAIN ONLY warranty STANDARD. This IS retroactive to any 2007s already sold to the public. :eek: :lol: :cheers:

For those that bought a all-inclusive (Bumper-to-Bumper) SSP (Saturn Service Plan) Saturn's name for the Extended Warranty, GM is going to, in the next weeks/months come up with a pro-rated refund to make up for the powertrain coverage now being standard. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Gm announced today that it will extend the warranties for all GM models starting with the 2007 models to 5 years/100,000 miles. Does this mean they will honor the Sky's made and bought prior to the announcement? Our Sky was bought in May, but it is a 2007 model.
Anyone have thoughts or information?

Here is an article about it.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-09-06-gm-warranties_x.htm?csp=34
Yes. You will be getting a letter in the mail. It is retroactive. The one thing that is wrong in the Article is they say there is a deductable. But it was Stressed to my Sales manager by upper Management at GM that there is no Deductable.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys! Now I feel even better about not getting the extended warranty!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yes. You will be getting a letter in the mail. It is retroactive. The one thing that is wrong in the Article is they say there is a deductable. But it was Stressed to my Sales manager by upper Management at GM that there is no Deductable.
If you all read the Official Press Release, it states that there is NO DEDUCTIBLE!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
But it is only a Powertrain Warranty, Extended Warranty covers everything.
Well....not everything...you have to really read the fine print. I have the Saturn Service Plan and was surprised (and disappointed) to discover that it does not cover the convertible top...and a whole boatload of other things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts