Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think all of you guy&gals are fun to tag along with...just want to let you know i went through this when i purchased one of the first pt.cruisers in2001...people would swarm around the car when ever it was left alone...allkinds of requests at the time...take me for a ride/can i sit in it/does it have lots of room/ is it fast/etc...just want you to get ready...because with this car...wow...it will never end....future redline owner...ist one in maryland someday...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't wait for that! ;)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I got used to that when I owned my 66 Corvair... so many young kids today didn't know what it was.... and older folks always seem to remember somone having a Corvair...
can't wait to start all over with the Sky....:thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I got used to that when I owned my 66 Corvair... so many young kids today didn't know what it was.... and older folks always seem to remember somone having a Corvair...
I owned a 62 at one time (a very short time, no power w/automatic)...Then some jerk wrote a book "unsafe at any speed", made a fortune and even tried to run for president...Ralph Nader seems to be the name that comes up...anyway, that was the end of the Corvair

·
Registered
311 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
A friend of mine had one shipped over to England when we were stationed there in 1969. It was a Plum color. Plum crazy maybe? Anyway, I remember we went to the races and filled the trunk, in front, with beer and ice. Rear engine, air cooled. What fun we had!:cheers:

Oops! showing my age again!:lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My first car was a Deep green 1965 Corvair.... My wife and I still speak fondly of that car.... Sigh
Oh -- Yeah --- When I got my first Saturn (1994 SC2) THAT was a head turner. :) In red and that low front end with the popup headlights... The sleek styling -- It got attention. Many people did not believe that was a Saturn. I can hardly wait to pull up with Lil Sunni....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mine was a 1963 :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
i get that with my BMW M3.. and actually with my avalanche.... cant wait for it in my SKY... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can't wait for the ?'s, comments, stares, etc.... That will mean that I am behind the wheel of my baby! :driving:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Same thing with our '73 240Z. Also the same things were happening with availability and dealers loading them up with any dealer supplied option they could think of, like racing stripes for $75 and take it or leave it. Found a good dealer who wasn't doing that and sold it to us for MSRP - $3,810. How time has changed some things and not others !

·
Registered
669 Posts
First Car

My '64 Rambler America turned a few heads...but that was just because I had trouble shifting into second...(three on the tree)

·
Registered
411 Posts
glock919 said:
think all of you guy&gals are fun to tag along with...just want to let you know i went through this when i purchased one of the first pt.cruisers in2001...people would swarm around the car when ever it was left alone...allkinds of requests at the time...take me for a ride/can i sit in it/does it have lots of room/ is it fast/etc...just want you to get ready...because with this car...wow...it will never end....future redline owner...ist one in maryland someday...

Instant Celebrity over night!! :cheers: :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:lol: Consealed Gun Permit. Gotta Love Texas. No really I am just kidding (a little) it will be something I will have to deal with I will lose control though if anyone ever damages my SKY.:willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
marklynn70 said:
:lol: Consealed Gun Permit. Gotta Love Texas. No really I am just kidding (a little) it will be something I will have to deal with I will lose control though if anyone ever damages my SKY.:willy:
Gotta agree with you on that one...... i am a licensed private investigator.. and can carry.... but in the car, it has to be locked while driving...... wish i was still in florida..... carry there too... not even concealed.. SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
eldeeko said:
I owned a 62 at one time (a very short time, no power w/automatic)...Then some jerk wrote a book "unsafe at any speed", made a fortune and even tried to run for president...Ralph Nader seems to be the name that comes up...anyway, that was the end of the Corvair
And, not to show my age, but yes, it was Ralph Nader, and I always thought the Corvair was a cool car, especially the supercharged version.:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Gotta agree with you on that one...... i am a licensed private investigator.. and can carry.... but in the car, it has to be locked while driving...... wish i was still in florida..... carry there too... not even concealed.. SkyBaby-07
Anybody mess with my Sunni (SKY) they have to answer to me -- Not a licensed anything - just a BMF...:nono:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Anybody mess with my Sunni (SKY) they have to answer to me -- Not a licensed anything - just a BMF...:nono:
If they know what is GOOD for them.... they willllll.... BACK OFF AND NOT EVEN DROOL ON SUNNI....... i think they will get the message loud and clear..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
802 Posts
TexSon said:
And, not to show my age, but yes, it was Ralph Nader, and I always thought the Corvair was a cool car, especially the supercharged version.:cool:
It got cool when they came out with the coupe..still a little flakey to drive on rough or unpaved roads. (so much weight in the rear), but they do make a good "dune buggy" engine..lot more power that the old VW bug engine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts