Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that right know I have a budget for acutally doing this..

But will oem corvette seats fit into a Saturn Sky? Like these ones:

·
Registered
18,362 Posts
Not that right know I have a budget for acutally doing this..

But will oem corvette seats fit into a Saturn Sky? Like these ones:

If u notice closely....no saggy seat....I wonder why, rhetorically asked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Which parts bin do you think GM pulled the Sky seats out of? Just like the auto-tranny came out of the cadillac bin, the rear diff also out of caddy, engine out of the cavalier/kadett bin,etc.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Which parts bin do you think GM pulled the Sky seats out of? Just like the auto-tranny came out of the cadillac bin, the rear diff also out of caddy, engine out of the cavalier/kadett bin,etc.
I don't think the seats were a "part-bin" item. I believe the seats were designed/built specifically for the kappa platform. There were some threads here (years ago now) about the manufacturer of the seats and how they warned GM that the seat cushion that they spec'd wouldn't hold up and would get "saggy".

And (at least for the Redline), the engine wasn't a parts-bin item either. The LNF was a brand new engine, which did end up getting used on some other models, but was first used in the RL/GXP.

As for if the Vette seats can be used in the Sky, I guess you would have to check the mounting points/brackets to know (but odds are they won't match).

·
Registered
18,362 Posts
Just to take the seat cushion one step further...they were replaced if u came in to the saturn dealership indicating a saggy seat....but even the new seat issued was garbage.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just to take the seat cushion one step further...they were replaced if u came in to the saturn dealership indicating a saggy seat....but even the new seat issued was garbage.
The saggy seat 💺 issue is one the reasons I sought out a Sky with cloth seats. Besides, with getting older I didn’t need a car to remind me about saggy seats…..🥸

·
Registered
309 Posts
Solstice seat frame was planned to be Opel. More info in the post below. . .

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The saggy seat 💺 issue is one the reasons I sought out a Sky with cloth seats. Besides, with getting older I didn’t need a car to remind me about saggy seats…..🥸
I'm not sure that the cloth cover will really help. The problem is that the cushion itself is not strong enough, and I am pretty sure that the cloth and leather seats have the same cushion.

Reactions: marlboromike

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think the seats were a "part-bin" item. I believe the seats were designed/built specifically for the kappa platform. There were some threads here (years ago now) about the manufacturer of the seats and how they warned GM that the seat cushion that they spec'd wouldn't hold up and would get "saggy".

And (at least for the Redline), the engine wasn't a parts-bin item either. The LNF was a brand new engine, which did end up getting used on some other models, but was first used in the RL/GXP.

As for if the Vette seats can be used in the Sky, I guess you would have to check the mounting points/brackets to know (but odds are they won't match).
I was reading an article on the Sky and that's where I got the info. The tranny is the same as was in the Cadilac CTS as was the differential. The article also said the seats were Corvette, but the seat rails could have been designed for the Sky. Four bolts and they're off.The engine may have been new but it was in multiple lines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts