Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my first Sky in March and there has been 2 price increases for a total of 1505.00 above what I paid. My dealer has said they will give me what I paid for it in trade, before any of the price increases. My Redline is built and soon I will be trading in, do you think it is worth more now because of the price increases? I will not squeeze my dealer they have been great with me and pushed my order through production. But nothing has changed on the Sky yet (power seat). I thought of selling on e-bay but I would have to get over list to make it worth my while. I tradin I only pay tax on dollar amount difference. So 3-4 grand. If I pay cash I'll be taxed for the full amount so over 2k in taxes. I just thought the price increase is bad for those who don't have a Sky or verified order before increases, but good for those who have Skys or verified order, saturn actually raised our resale value. That can't be a bad thing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Certainly can't complain about getting to put miles on a brand new car and then getting what you paid for it back. There are a few nuts out there willing to pay exhorbinate amounts for SKYs however it sounds like the dealers giving you a prety fair deal (but of course they know they can make a profit on it too).

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I recieved my first Sky in March and there has been 2 price increases for a total of 1505.00 above what I paid. My dealer has said they will give me what I paid for it in trade, before any of the price increases. My Redline is built and soon I will be trading in, do you think it is worth more now because of the price increases? I will not squeeze my dealer they have been great with me and pushed my order through production. But nothing has changed on the Sky yet (power seat). I thought of selling on e-bay but I would have to get over list to make it worth my while. I tradin I only pay tax on dollar amount difference. So 3-4 grand. If I pay cash I'll be taxed for the full amount so over 2k in taxes. I just thought the price increase is bad for those who don't have a Sky or verified order before increases, but good for those who have Skys or verified order, saturn actually raised our resale value. That can't be a bad thing.
I would trade sounds like you got a good deal. You could try pushing for another 500.00 but you might not get it. I actually got 400.00 more for my base Solstice then what I paid.

And yes, your better off trading with the Sales tax advantage usually.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You are dealing with one VERY FAIR dealer.

Sure, you could squeeze a LITTLE more on a private sale, but after the headaches and expenses it would not be worth it IMO.

99% of the time I recommend selling on your own--NOT trading in. But you are the 1%. Even Dealers honestly recommend you sell on your own to get the best deal (remember they have to make profit on what you trade).

I think your Dealer is being VERY fair. Go for it! Its so encouraging to hear after some of the horroir stories we've heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts