Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been reading so many posts :deadhorse in regards to when the Redline will be available; I decided to try another route by contacting Saturn directly rather than speak to a dealer. I can assure you that you will get as many opinions from sales people and managers as there are people. Some will even give you dates. :confused: One of them may even be right just due to the law of chance.
To my surprise, my approach resulted in a very prompt reply in writing from the Saturn Customer Assistance Center. :thumbs: Here is what I was told, and this is copied verbatim “We appreciate the time you have taken to write to Saturn.” At this point they apologized for not having my full name. Then they went on to say “Thank you for your interest in the new Sky Red Line, which will be released in the 4th quarter of this year.”
Now that tells me not to expect to see a production model till maybe November or so. I would be inclined to think it would still be a 2007 model so that might lend some credibility to the thinking that these early models will be impacting the dealer’s 2007 allotment.
In their letter, Saturn did say that some dealers may be taking deposits at this time but in no way did they imply this would lead to anything beyond the dealer at this point. It appears this a dealer's option on how to do business.
I now need to pursue the model year issue.
Will Santa deliver a RED Redline?
:cheers:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my answer

Talk about fast turnaround. :eek: I got my response to the model year question. Here is what Saturn responded with "The Sky Red Line will be a 2007 model". So there may be logic to the issue that the 2007 Redline may impact dealer allotments. Does that mean some regular SKY orders may get bumped down? I suppose this will generate more speculation about allotments. What if a dealer has used up his alloted orders when the Redline becomes available?:confused:
I personally think they should have waited so as to not take away from the regular SKY.
:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts