Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about this, as the prices I read for estiamtes seem to almost be cheaper then what my friend was OVER CHARGES for a new SOL when they just came out. Huh, if I can get a redline for cheaper than a mid-equpied SOL, that would make MY DAY ...

Just curious ! THANK YOU :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I know the dealer I'm buying from is selling for MSRP, and letting the customers order them with the exact options they want. I think most who have been selling the base Sky for MSRP are doing the same for the Redline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
With all the complaining about some dealers selling over MSRP on the Sky, I think the Redline will more likely be sold mostly at MSRP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Yes i paid msrp for the car but some dealers wanted to overchage me, but i said no thank you and went elsewhere. But of the 5 dealers i spoke with 4 out of 5 where charging msrp so i found the experince not that bad. The % was lower for potiac dealers. ^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
HotSky said:
With all the complaining about some dealers selling over MSRP on the Sky, I think the Redline will more likely be sold mostly at MSRP
I disaggree . They will try to get alot more the they were trying to on the base Sky. There are probably only going to be max 3500/4000 Redlines the 2007 model year.,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Shop Around don't pay over msrp

My Sky was delivered in March at Msrp I had it in the contract. the dealer changed policy and is now charging 3495.00 for some Sky-Hi package. I tried to confirm my redline at msrp and they told me I got lucky on my first one that everyone will be charging at least 5k over msrp for the Redline. I took my deposit back immediately. I called around to other dealers and I am number 1 on the list with contract for msrp and only a ten minute more ride than going to original dealer. Don't let them con you into spending over list and do report them to saturn customer assistance. Also make sure of the dealers in the same group as the one you stopped in. When you call one of them the policy will be the same(Same owner), so call to dealers outside of that group.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
My Sky was delivered in March at Msrp I had it in the contract. the dealer changed policy and is now charging 3495.00 for some Sky-Hi package. I tried to confirm my redline at msrp and they told me I got lucky on my first one that everyone will be charging at least 5k over msrp for the Redline. I took my deposit back immediately. I called around to other dealers and I am number 1 on the list with contract for msrp and only a ten minute more ride than going to original dealer. Don't let them con you into spending over list and do report them to saturn customer assistance. Also make sure of the dealers in the same group as the one you stopped in. When you call one of them the policy will be the same(Same owner), so call to dealers outside of that group.
My original salesperson and dealer tried to convince me that they were going to charge over MSRP and that if I wanted a Sky in the next two years I would have to be willing to pay it. I pulled my Deposit over that. Then as it turned out they decided to sell at MSRP anyways. So they screwed themselves out of my sell for the Sky and all future sells. However, the next Saturn I buy will be Courtesy shipped to them.
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
MSRP, the good dealers will sell them for the real price, most of them know they have enough trouble getting people to the Saturn dealerships already and charging over MSRP will only push them further away, even with better product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
deluke said:
I disaggree . They will try to get alot more the they were trying to on the base Sky. There are probably only going to be max 3500/4000 Redlines the 2007 model year.,
Well maybe this Sky thing will hurt Saturn more than help it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Heard on another thread somewhere on this site they with make.

40% red lines

60% std

Which seems a little higher then i expected so should be good for us !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
richmcc said:
My original salesperson and dealer tried to convince me that they were going to charge over MSRP and that if I wanted a Sky in the next two years I would have to be willing to pay it. I pulled my Deposit over that. Then as it turned out they decided to sell at MSRP anyways. So they screwed themselves out of my sell for the Sky and all future sells. However, the next Saturn I buy will be Courtesy shipped to them.
:D
ONLY if the dealer participates. I'm 90% sure no retailer will do CD's on a Sky, probably for a long time.

Also, you are not really hurting the dealer, as they do get paid a fee for delivering you your car, and my guess, they will spend as little time and effort possible to maximize any profit from that fee, so you will probably be shooting yourself in the foot. just don't deal with dealership anymore if you are not happy with their policies.:)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top