Saturn Sky Forum banner

Will your SKY be your only car ?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Giving my '94 SL1 to my granddaughter, she'll be 16 in July, when I get my SKY. My wife has a Ford Ranger so we will still have something to drive besides the SKY when the weather is bad, or we need to go to the store for more than a loaf of bread.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 98 SC2 "White Hot". I cannot part with it so I will keep it for grocery shopping or when I need room for more than one passenger. My husband has a 2002 LW300 wagon but it isn't a "fun" car (except for him).:lol:

Midnight Blue/Black/Black/Chrome/6CD changer

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Not exactly "only" car

I am very interested in the Sky Redline - I have a 1996 Civic (paid off) and a 2004 Civic (lease ending in Nov). I am planning to get something along the lines of a Vue for the wife in May or June - then a Sky for myself in November time frame - I also have a 1964 GTO in the garage (but it needs a bit of work). The Sky would be my daily driver - but then I work at home so my daily drive is often nowhere at all. I do sometimes have to drive out of state for work - and about the only thing I do not like so far on the Sky is the cargo capacity - the wife and I have take a number of weekend trips and a couple of briefcases might just not quite cut it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
second car, plus truck

The sky is my second car; I'll drive my Ion :sleep: to work and back; hubby gets to drive his F-150 (and I'll be checking those OnStar emails for any extra miles while I'm at work:nono: ).

spamela

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Skip said:
Iffen I gets the dang chickens out of the car , I gots me a wing ding of a automobiiile. Yessirree, That there car has run a whole lot of white litin in these here mountains . I put it up on blocks because I was aneedin tha tires to swing my kids in from tha tree. They like that yano. Soas I better get them chickens agone iffen I want ta drive tha car. Dang dogs never did come back, but that be another story. Yall take care now, Ski-up.:lol: :cool:
SKiiiiippppp.....tooo funny.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I need my sedan because I have to haul folks and stuff to court and such and "Oh, I am sorry, I cannot do that, I have only two seats" is not a good excuse, but I imagined it!! Plus, I love my four door, first totally loaded car I ever owned and I promised her an easy retirement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Skip said:
I have a 89 Maxima, A 97 Nissan truck, A 75 Triumph Spitfire. I don't know what I am going to do. One driver and 3 vehicles. Not counting my company truck. Skip...:cool:
Skip, I sounds to me like you're about 3 vehicles under quota....better get shopping.. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I get my SKY (who knows when that will be, I'm still in the 'wishful thinking' phase right now), I'll be keeping my cars. I'm hoping to turn my 93 SC2 into a show car but right now it's too busy breaking. My sunroof got stuck open today and made me want to throw something through the windshield. It's still stuck open and I'm beyond the point of caring right now. The SL2 is my 'family car' daily driver, and the VUE is my fiance's daily driver. The SKY will be a weekend (or rather, 'nice day') toy for us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just sold my '05 F150 to my brother, who gave me his 99 dodge in return. I'll be trading in the dodge when my Sky gets here, and then buying a "previously loved" truck to tow my boat and camper with...

Simple plan, eh? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Other

I have a long term prodject El Camino and the use of a company ( construction ) truck. A 1500 Vulcan classic (scooter) will soon start collecting dust.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
My Grand Prix is sticking around. Four doors, seats five, big trunk. I'd never live with JUST the Sky. That and the fact that I'm looking to get the GP down the quarter mile in a few ticks under 12 seconds has something to do with it too. Right now there is no compression in Cyl #1 so I figure the Sky will get driven while the GP gets fixed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have two cars the Burb and the Camaro, I'll sell the Camaro for the Sky. So yes I will be selling my current vehicle but the SKy will not be my only vehicle?

Didn't know how to vote?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right now I have a 2007 SKY, a 2004 ION Quad Coupe, and a 2001 L-200. I'm selling the ION. The SKY will be my primary, but it's not practical for grocery shopping or taking more than one person someplace, so I'm keeping the L-200, which is a creampuff of a car that has never given me a stitch of trouble.

Anne

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm selling another toy which my Sky replaces. My primary work vehicle will be my pickup.
:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Living in florida and single Do you need another car?:D Trading in 2002 SL2 sedan 75,000 miles. and paid for.

41 - 60 of 197 Posts