Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of aborted concepts several months ago, it still appears that no one has stepped up to run 2019. Having run one of the these, trust me you want as much lead time as possible. Is NASSAM 2018 - Colorado going to be the last one? Please...someone take the reigns!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,272 Posts
I have been hoping that someone would get inspired, but we are putting the plan together for a repeat in Lexington in case no one does.

·
Premium Member
5,188 Posts
I tried to get interest in running what we would have called a regional. Very little interest, if any at all. Brought it up at our last Palm Springs Run. Robo and I have talked with San Diego Roadsters, but do not see it happening unfortunately. Too much to do out here, not really very many interested in going to Colorado.

JohnWR, did you guys post the results of the trophies and pictures of the cars. I don't remember seeing them last summer.

If you decide to do it again sir, we will be there this time.

·
Super Moderator
5,272 Posts
We did not post anything "official". I honestly didn't have time that week to take a single picture.

Because of the short lead time and the small size of our group, we simplified, minimized, and reduced just about everything to the bare minimum, something I expect to be different next time.

I would dearly love for someone to announce plans for 2019, but I don't expect that to happen so I look forward to seeing you here!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
We did not post anything "official". I honestly didn't have time that week to take a single picture.

Because of the short lead time and the small size of our group, we simplified, minimized, and reduced just about everything to the bare minimum, something I expect to be different next time.

I would dearly love for someone to announce plans for 2019, but I don't expect that to happen so I look forward to seeing you here!
We enjoyed Lexington and would be happy to go there again. :thumbs:

·
Registered
945 Posts
several people mentioned (including you, Rusty) here have been invited to a 2019 exploratory Group on FB

John Reidel is one of them.

not trying to pre-empt or step on anyone's toes...trying to make something happen in upstate NY

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
still trying, John
Druid-2, you and your group of planners did an awesome job with the 2010 NASSM in Canton,Ohio. Do you think you have it in you to plan another one?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

·
Registered
945 Posts
we are forming an exploratory group.....too soon to promise anything

·
Super Moderator
5,272 Posts
I am all for an event in upstate New York. The Finger Lakes and Watkins Glen would be a great location, but if you do your exploration on FB you'll be doing it without me.

I do urge you to explore quickly. Even with last year's experience I do not want to do another fast-track plan.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
several people mentioned (including you, Rusty) here have been invited to a 2019 exploratory Group on FB

John Reidel is one of them.

not trying to pre-empt or step on anyone's toes...trying to make something happen in upstate NY
I did not see that invitation (still don't). I'd be happy to help as long as I don't have to drive hundreds of miles to do it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am all for an event in upstate New York. The Finger Lakes and Watkins Glen would be a great location, but if you do your exploration on FB you'll be doing it without me.
I know that would be more convenient for me after my move from Regina to Montreal. Good luck and if it makes any difference John I heard you guys did a great job the Lexington NASSM was very good........

Terry
:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts