Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or are they going to jack it up right after it comes out? I put down my deposit today and it is a little nerve racking not knowing what the cost will be. I love this car, but if it ends up costing me 30K, I might end up dropping my deposit and walking over to the 350z!

Don't get me wrong, I have looked at a ton of cars and fell in love with the 350z when it first came out, but I think this SATURN will kick ass. But when you compare "speed", there is no comparison. The 350z will destroy this car in th 0-60, but the ride will be a hell-of a lot forgiving!

This will be my first SATURN, and I think this car looks HOT! What color should I order, I left the dealer and told him I would call back....All the colors are great, but that Midnight Blue or RED is calling my name!!

Ishot3bucks

·
Registered
250 Posts
It has been suggested that Saturn will not mark up the price. GM has asked the Sol dealers to stick to that. I will not pay over sticker.. it goes agains what Saturn has been for years.. I'm sure that another deal will honor the MSRP if that where the case.

So get on multiple lists. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to pay to be on a list, my dealer wanted $200.00.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Saturn Business Model

I agree with Sky_Vue. I talked to my dealership and they are certainly going to hold to Saturn's business plan. I rather think any dealer who tried to deviate would find him/herself in deep stuff with Saturn.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did not have to pay on the list.. (or if by pay you mean put down a refundable deposit.. which I also did not have to do). This may be because it is a very large dealer and has plenty of people lining up to get this car.

I've heard many say they had to put down a deposit but they have all mentioned it was refundable.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As mentioned there's the current way Saturn does sales with it's no haggle policy. As mentioned also GM has asked Pontiac dealers to not mark up cars. However dealerships are their own companies in no way controlled by GM. So realisticaly if some Saturn dealers got gready they could mark up the car. Personally I don't expect that to be the norm though. Get in early and get a signed contract for MSRP. Earlier you go in too the lower the pre-order cost usually is. For example I pre-ordered my Solstice more then a month before the Apprentice EOP program and paid $50 to pre-order. All 30+ people that came in on April 15th for the EOP program paid $1000 to pre0order.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_vue said:
I did not have to pay on the list.. (or if by pay you mean put down a refundable deposit.. which I also did not have to do). This may be because it is a very large dealer and has plenty of people lining up to get this car.

I've heard many say they had to put down a deposit but they have all mentioned it was refundable.
They'll more then liekly ask for a deposit closer to official option sheets coming out. Most Pontiac dealers did that too. They just had lists till they had the info to put official orders in the system, when that happened they asked for a deposit. Deposit ammount and refundability is up to the dealership unfortunately.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from the dealer, I am third on his list (says he's one of the top 10 dealers in the U.S. for SATURN) and I had to put 200.00 down and my receipt says "PRICE PENDING", but he had me list what items I would be interested in. He did say as it gets closer, we will sit down and go into detail, he expects us to get together late fall?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I own a 2003 Saturn Vue and my purchasing experience was very pleasant. I really want to believe that the no haggle style of Saturn will continue to shine through with my next purchase. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
With So Many People Wanting The Sky....look For The First Phase To Be Strictly Sticker...probably The First Year....that Is How The Dealership That I Worked At Did With The "95-96" Impala Ss, The Suburban And Tahoe......supply And Demand.....not Much To Supply The Demand Was Great. :d

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
A good way to make sure you get the deal you want is to ensure you get everything in writing. This will give you a leg to stand on if anything does start to go awry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
price markup...

Greetings,

Hello to everyone. My first post here and I am excited about this new Saturn.

Now..the rest of the story...​

I feel in love with the new Mustang and was going to buy one. I have a prefered pricing plan that gets me a great discount. Around 3% over dealer invoice. Checked today and Saturn is on the list. Will the Sky be on it? Hard to say.

I went in to the dealership with all paper work and financing. I was going home with this baby! Guess what? The sales manager wouldn't even talk with me. Said I could have it for sticker. They had $3000 over sticker on the car. How about we order one up from the factory? Reply. NO.

In closing it will be supply and demand. Will they honor my discount? Who knows. Hope so! Yes, I did file a complaint with Ford Motor Company. They responded. Dealer never has and probably never will.

So..come next year I'm going to check this little roadster out. If I need to order one and wait..no problem. Just check every available option on the order sheet. If not turbocharged then I might wait for the turbo model the following year if they even offer this option. They would be foolish not too. No Turbo..no sale. Sorry Saturn. 170 horsepower just isn't enough for me. "More Power Scotty!"

Make mine Black with the Black and Red interior, turbocharged please. Oh Baby!

runeight...

·
Registered
242 Posts
runeight said:
Greetings,

I feel in love with the new Mustang and was going to buy one. I have a prefered pricing plan that gets me a great discount. Around 3% over dealer invoice. Checked today and Saturn is on the list. Will the Sky be on it? Hard to say.

I went in to the dealership with all paper work and financing. I was going home with this baby! Guess what? The sales manager wouldn't even talk with me. Said I could have it for sticker. They had $3000 over sticker on the car. How about we order one up from the factory? Reply. NO.

In closing it will be supply and demand. Will they honor my discount? Who knows. Hope so! Yes, I did file a complaint with Ford Motor Company. They responded. Dealer never has and probably never will.

So..come next year I'm going to check this little roadster out. If I need to order one and wait..no problem. Just check every available option on the order sheet. If not turbocharged then I might wait for the turbo model the following year if they even offer this option. They would be foolish not too. No Turbo..no sale. Sorry Saturn. 170 horsepower just isn't enough for me. "More Power Scotty!"

runeight...
WELCOME ABOARD AND I HOPE YOU GET THE ONE YOU WANT........ :cheers:

·
Registered
304 Posts
runeight said:
Greetings,

runeight...
As I read the rules for the "Family and Friends" employe pricing THE Mustang, or at least the desirable V8's as well as the GT and Jaguar, Volvo, Mazda ALL were ineligible for the BIG discounts. I am sure that would have applied to whatever preferential program you have aside from that as well. Unfornunately it is something called "fine print" :D

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that Saturn would shoot themselves in the foot and head as well if any dealer in the country were to eviate from the Saturn one price for everyone everywhere all the time. Did you notice that during the current employe pricing program that the discounts to reach those prices on Saturns were very slim compared to other GM product, only about $1500, which is what any sensible purchaser coul have negotiated off list on any other GM product without breaking a sweat ( before e.p)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
When I purchased my 2003 Vue (6 cyl / FWD) without getting into particular numbers I used the GM discount and received considerably more than $1500. I have noticed on this latest "Family Discount" promotion though that only certain vehicles even qualified so I would have to agree that there must have been some changes to the program and additional fine print involved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In stories I've read about GM's employee pricing promotion, the reason it was so successful was because of the set price, not a low price. Like achieftain said, the actual discount wasn't any more than one could regularly negotiate. People liked the stress-free no haggle pricing of the promotion. So hopefully Saturn will continue their set pricing and not give in to greed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
More on Topic - more grist for the mill

I just returned from having my 03 Ion serviced, regular scheduled service. I spoke with the sales manager about the Sky and pricing. It is his opinion, very strong worded, that I should not be surprised if the dealers don't add some numbers to the cost of the car above MSRP. I asked, quite plainly, if he meant Saturn would disregard their own market approach of no haggle pricing and his response was YES.

I was quite clear myself and said, if the price approached the Z4, Saturn would be the loser.

Interestingly, this particular dealership will not accept a deposit until pricing is established. I have been bugging them about since before I joined the forum. I am told I am #1 on the list, but until I can cement that position with $$$, I have my doubts.

Just thought I would add to the discussion.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
GM is altering the way all cars are priced starting from 2006 MY and on. Most vehicles prices are being lowered to be more in line with the real selling price, and they've also started their value added pricing which now includes the Destination Charge as part of the price instead of an extra ammount tacked on at the end like it used to be. Cars like the Cobolt, Solstice, Sky, G6, HHR, etc are already using these new pricing values and destination charge inclusion. From this point on incentives on GM cars will be far less then they have been in the past.

GM Employee Pricing the first time arround covered ALL 2005 MY vehicles except the Corvette. The extension from July-Aug covered ALL 2005 MY except the Corvette and GTO. The extension from Aug-Sept covers ALL 2005 MY except the Corvette and GTO.

Much better then Fords plan they have right now, it takes a half hour just to figure out if the car you're looking at qualifies for the deal or not.

·
Registered
554 Posts
So, yes you will only be asked to pay MSRP! Note, Saturn does not participate in the GM Card Rewards program at this time. So any GM reward dollars can not be used towards the purchase of your Sky, but those lucky enough to have a Solstice on order can use the rewards towards the purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wanted to add..

Greetings,

Reguarding my earlier post the Mustang was indeed on the discount program. I verified with Ford Motor compnay as well as a Las Vegas dealership. The Mustang was not exempt.

The discount is not as great as one would think. You folks are correct on that subject. It will be nice to know that one does not have to listen to a salesmans bull****. Either you want to sell it or I can go to someone who will. Plain and simple.

I will hold off and be reading this forum. Your thoughts and feedback will be noted. Heck, I might just wait until the 08 model. Wish they would of put a six cylinder in the Sky.

runeight...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts