Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I made a test run this and, here is the plan.

I thought we would meet at 10 AM at the Vereins Kirche (Community Church) on Main St. in Fredericksburg. It is on Main Street between Adams and Crockett Street, on the north side of the street. It is a white, copula sort of building in a park across from the Library. Head west on 290/87 from 16 toward Harper. I think if we head out at 1015 it will get us to Coopers BBQ in Llano between 11 and 1130, which means we should have a place to park and be able to find tables to eat at. Much after that and both are at a premium. We will head north on 16 toward Llano, but will use the old Willow City Road instead of Ranch Road 1323. This just adds a bit more twists and turns to the drive, and a quick word of caution, we will want to travel on the Willow City Loop at about 40 mph. The road is very narrow, with lots of blind turns and you can never tell who will be coming toward you. At that speed you will still enjoy the ride. Also note, the creek bridges are a bit of a dip, so watch the undercarriage, as are cattle guards. And if a dip is posted, it is a DIP!:eek: It be best to head to Llano and Coopers BBQ and then back to the Bell Mountain Winery, which has some very good wines. We took a case home (they put it in bags so we easily fit it all in the trunk with room to spare. Oh, and bring an ice chest, as you will probably have some BBQ left over. My wife and I thought we ordered just enough, but took about half of it home with us.

We should be done by early afternoon and can make a run back to Fredericksburg to stop at some of the shops on Main, or head home depending on how you feel.

Please let me know if you are seriously thinking of going on the run, so I know when to leave. I don’t want to head out at 1015 and have someone who definitely wanted to go at 1020, so please let me know either by adding a reply to this thread or with a PM to me.

It is a fun drive, and some of the best BBQ in Texas, so I hope to see you Saturday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
We're in

Count John and I in,,,,,we'll be there. Cross your fingers the rains are past us by then. Sheryl :) :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Geez,,,,where are all our Texas SKYS?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm really sorry I'm not going to be able to make it for this one.:nonod:
Looking forward to the next one, though...Be sure and post lots of pictures!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry you can not join us on this ride. We have discussed a second July ride later this month. Watch for details on that one. Sheryl

·
Registered
669 Posts
bumsky2 said:
Sorry you can not join us on this ride. We have discussed a second July ride later this month. Watch for details on that one. Sheryl
Will do! Would have really liked to go to F'sburg...used to live in SA back in the '80's...wow, that was a long time ago...and loved going up into the hill country. Moved to Waco after that. Been in Beaumont for the last 6 years and will probably stay here...if the mosquitoes don't carry me away. :D

With all the SKYs in Houston, we ought to plan something there, too. (At least a little closer to my home).

Have a blast!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ok, guys...it's been over a week since the run...where's the pictures?????:D

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll try one more time...

Did you have the run? Any pictures? Any chances for a "re-run?"

·
Registered
102 Posts
We met up with Texson in Fredericksburg on the 8th. It was the two of us and we did the Willow City Loop drive and had lunch in Llano. It was a nice day, a nice drive and nice company. I took no pics so I have nothing to post other than the above....sorry.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Long wait

I hope to participate in some of these rides in the future. I ordered my Red Line on the 14th of July 06. I have a bit of a wait. We live in the Canyon Lake area and have friends in Fredericksburg area. I am chili pepper red with envy on your rides but my day will come.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am sure there will be more.....the willow city loop is a great drive and definately a do over. :) :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
bumsky2 said:
I am sure there will be more.....the willow city loop is a great drive and definately a do over. :) :)
Sounds like a good route you put together bumsky2. Sometimes small turnouts make for more interesting drives. :)

If you all are interested, we are planning a Sky/Sol drive Sat. Aug 26th. Thread

I look forward to meeting you all. I currently have an Evo, but am leaning heavily toward getting a Sky RL in the not too distant future. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.