Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for those in the know. Is the Wilmington plant completely devoted to producing Saturn Sky's now or are they still producing the Solstice as well? Do we have a status report on production? 3 shifts? Full speed ahead?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but I for one, am praying that IF Saturn does increase production...the quality will remain intact. Seems like whenever production increases with an addition of a 3rd shift...quality control goes out the window. Keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen with our Skys. :cheers:

·
Registered
295 Posts
nscrbug said:
I don't have an answer to your question, but I for one, am praying that IF Saturn does increase production...the quality will remain intact. Seems like whenever production increases with an addition of a 3rd shift...quality control goes out the window. Keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen with our Skys. :cheers:

Ive worked 3rd shift for a manufacturing plant, not for vehicles though, we get bored about 3am and start playing cards. LOL :jester:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Saleslady speculating that most energy by Saturn being put into trying to avoid Solstice fiasco..20,000 orders, and 7,000 cars. I read an article that said production of Sky would be 15,000...since that time, Saturn reps are mum about how many are being produced. I hope I am not being promised a car by mid summer just because. This is torture fer sure

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
ku4zs said:
Ive worked 3rd shift for a manufacturing plant, not for vehicles though, we get bored about 3am and start playing cards. LOL :jester:
:lol: As long as someone's not building MY car while they are bored at 3am. :eek:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
A question for those in the know. Is the Wilmington plant completely devoted to producing Saturn Sky's now or are they still producing the Solstice as well? Do we have a status report on production? 3 shifts? Full speed ahead?
from what i gather Both Solstices and Skys are being produced at the same time, the third shift was added in january first to try to catch up on Solstice production then when the Sky came on board to continue production of both cars...I have not heard anything otherwise.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
They have been working 3-shifts since December -- I really don't think thay can increase any more -- but I would think SOME reduction of SOL has to be happening... All we can do is -- Oh god here it comes --->WAIT<----

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
2 things to think about, first 15,000 SKYs is far to high try 10,000 if we don't have any big short falls for wheels or leather..2nd what if Delphi gos out on strike????????SEAL9:willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You saw the production line? Any Pic's? Glad to read that you wife is in less pain! How is she doing? She was on new meds. Are they helping?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have worked the 3 shift a Arkansas Children's Hospital for 12 years now. What do I do when I get bored? Read this forum of course...:lol: .

·
Registered
137 Posts
My "ex" husband used to work at Mitsubishi in Bloomington, Illinois - they only had a 1st & 2nd shift - I cringed at some of the stories he would tell about the work that was done on some cars! 1st shift didn't get along with the 2nd shift so they would leave work for them to do - 2nd shift would get ticked off and just not do it. Someone needed to be checking those cars a little closer!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
You saw the production line? Any Pic's? Glad to read that you wife is in less pain! How is she doing? She was on new meds. Are they helping?
I do not work there nor have i seen the production like, just info i have gotten from various good sources and put together myself.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
I do not work there nor have i seen the production like, just info i have gotten from various good sources and put together myself.
Sorry for the confusion. The question wasn't for you SkyMan. It was for SaturnofBrandon. :D

SaturnofBrandon said:
As of 2 weeks ago, when I was at the plant they are producing both.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
Sorry for the confusion. The question wasn't for you SkyMan. It was for SaturnofBrandon. :D
oh ok, best to use the quote function when you are talking about someone in particular's post.... Just a suggestion. it can get confusing if there are two or three posts in between the one you are commenting on... when you said that about the wife not being in much pain and on new meds i thought you were talking to me. I understand though...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Currently , Wilmington produces Skys and Solstices on 3 shifts. And the line doesn't stop at 3am to play cards!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
when you said that about the wife not being in much pain and on new meds
I was glad to read things are improving somewhat. Is she letting you drive the car? I'm not sure my wife will give me much driving time...Although this is supposed to be my car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
I was glad to read things are improving somewhat. Is she letting you drive the car? I'm not sure my wife will give me much driving time...Although this is supposed to be my car.
She lets me drive it anytime i want to...and i let her drive it anytime she wants to...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think when Husband sees car, he'll want to drive it. He can..if he is a good boy. he-he-he:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts