Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 200 miles now on my silver pearl sky, (and number six to take delivery in San Antonio, TX) I am noticing significant wind noise (with the top up) coming from what seems to be the bottom corners of the driver and passenger windshields.

I haven't owned a convertible before so just wondering if anyone else is experiencieng this and is it normal or is it possibly a faulty gasket.

I have it back at my dealer and am having them investigate.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
skyblazer, this is my first ragtop also. I don't have any wind noise as you described, but I do have wind noise around the windows like right behind your ear. I've seen other threads about noise in the same place as mine. Yours seems to be different. I haven't had any water leaks. As long as I stay dry I guess I can live with the minor wind noise.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
skyblazer said:
I am noticing significant wind noise (with the top up) coming from what seems to be the bottom corners of the driver and passenger windshields.
Huh? From the BOTTOM CORNERS of the windshield?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ggccg said:
Huh? From the BOTTOM CORNERS of the windshield?
Thank you I was trying to interpret that as well...
Do you mean Windows? Or windshield?
Where is the sound coming from? -- Outside and you can hear it? -- Or is there wind leaking through?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Possibly talking about the side windows at the place where the trunk and body of car meet?.... i have that just a smidge....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have it too, back by the seat belts, not bad,,,, just part of a rag top. ALos worse on the driver side than the passenger side.

I just added it the list of small things the dealer can work on this winter.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
I have it too, back by the seat belts, not bad,,,, just part of a rag top. ALos worse on the driver side than the passenger side.

I just added it the list of small things the dealer can work on this winter.
SKYBLAZER Seems to be talking FRONT not rear...

Yeah I get the "whisper" as I call it -- doesn't even bother me..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hmmm... well, i guess if i had the lid UP most of the time.... it may bug me... but.. the LID IS DOWN way more than it is up....... so... i am not too worried..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Lid has only been up 3 times, all due to RAIN! I just crank up the tunes!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
Lid has only been up 3 times, all due to RAIN! I just crank up the tunes!
:agree: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Windshield Noise

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say wind noise coming from the corner of the driver and passenger windows, NOT windshield. I had the dealer check out and they claim the window seals are defective. They replaced but I don't notice any difference - the noise is still there. Perhaps it is just the way it is supposed to be, but they are going to work with the engineers to see if there is any solution.

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I took my Sky back for warranty work I was told that the wind noise was normal when compared with another SKY.
My Saturn LW1 has as much wind noise as my SKY.
Document all suspected problems just in case.

See attached next post

·
Registered
351 Posts
The attachment

lastscan.jpg

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have this noise as well. What makes me think it is not normal is my wife telling me she hears it more from the drivers side than from the passanger side where she sits. If this were normal I would expect it to be the same on both sides. I plan to have them check into it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The SKY is my third convertible. I expect some noise but how much?
My 1974 Triumph Spitfire made more noise and leaked water at both windows.
My 1980 CJ 7 top was a disaster.
When my new cup holder and sill plate come in, both parts are on backorder, I will raise the issue again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts