Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these things actually do much difference? on my test drive i don't remember the wind being a big deal as far as noise goes. is it more for noise or so women with long hair don't have their hair blow out through the opening between the seats? and on either issue does it make that much difference?

last question, is it removeable easily, and do you have to remove it everytime you put the top up? ok thanks for help! btw i'm not talking about the ugly saturn one, more about plastic clear ones. thanks again.:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well, first of all, with a convertible, the wind actually goes over the top of the windshield, and then tends to recirculate into the cabin area. So women with long hair tend to get their hair whipped around into their faces, rather than it flowing behind them between the seats. We haven't got our SKY yet, so I can't say from personal experience on that, but my parents had a convertible growing up, and the wind was kinda annoying sometimes. We're planning to purchase a windscreen for our SKY when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yes, they work. It's not absolutely calm in the cockpit, but wind turbulance and noise is noticibly reduced. Plus, it looks very cool. I have the Senoff windscreen. It is easy to install and easy to remove if you desire... takes literally a couple of seconds. I leave mine on all the time and have no issues with trunk seal compression, trunk seal displacement or abrasion of the defroster elements on the rear window (a couple of clear vinyl bumpers keep the screen from even touching the rear window).

Senoff provides a supply of the bumpers with his screen, as well as a "chrome" edge. I did not like the chrome edge and have found that if you leave the polished edge bare, the color of your car is reflected up through the lexan and the edge takes on the color of your Sky.

·
Registered
574 Posts
They are pretty effective.

We have the kappashere product and it definately makes a difference...my wife likes it a lot!

It is also easily removeable and comes with a carrying case.
We got caught in a downpour and were able to remove it and pop the top up in about 2 minutes. :cool:

ps..... and initial installation takes about 15 minutes............

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have a order pending from:

www.windrestrictor.com

These can be etched with your personal design or message. Robert also has stock designs you can pick from.
And, they can be illuminated. You can set it up so they are on whenever you turn on the car, or the running lights or when you apply the brakes. Of course you can have it so they do not illuminate but when you push the on button too.
I am ordering my now so when my vehicle arrives I can quickly install it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
141 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Do these things actually do much difference? on my test drive i don't remember the wind being a big deal as far as noise goes. is it more for noise or so women with long hair don't have their hair blow out through the opening between the seats? and on either issue does it make that much difference?
I only have an issue with the wind whipping my hair when I'm on the freeway, and then this definitely helps......especially if you put the windows up (which I don't like to do much). City driving the wind has never been an issue. So I think the big question here is will you be doing mostly City or Highway driving with the top down?!

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:

last question, is it removeable easily, and do you have to remove it everytime you put the top up? ok thanks for help! btw i'm not talking about the ugly saturn one, more about plastic clear ones. thanks again.:)
The Wind deflecting products are really only effective when the windows are up and you are going over 40mph. There are 4 choices that are on the market for the new SKY roadster at this time. The GM OEM mesh Wind Screen that has to have holes drilled in your panel to attach and many coments have been made that it is not as effective of deflecting the wind as the other aftermarket deflectors. There are 2 other companies that offer acrylic type wind deflectors that deflect wind the same as the one I offer. These are all the same basic design. The Kappa S. company was the first to come out with this design. If you want a good working product that is cost effective then you may want to choose the Kappa or Jay shield. If you are interested in a wind deflector that not only deflects the wind tubulance but adds a really nice cosmetic upgrade to your SKY then you should check out my Illuminated & Etched Wind Restrictor. I have sold a good amount of them to roadster owners and have had nothing but great comments! you may want to search the forum more for coments on the different "wind screens" before you decide to order one. I am offering a substantial 10% discount for all active forum members at this time.

http://www.windrestrictor.com/Sky_home.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/SKY_WB_More_Etched.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/SKY_WB_More_EL.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/Features.html

·
Registered
453 Posts
Superman said:
Well, first of all, with a convertible, the wind actually goes over the top of the windshield, and then tends to recirculate into the cabin area. So women with long hair tend to get their hair whipped around into their faces, rather than it flowing behind them between the seats. We haven't got our SKY yet, so I can't say from personal experience on that, but my parents had a convertible growing up, and the wind was kinda annoying sometimes. We're planning to purchase a windscreen for our SKY when it gets here.
Quick fix for wind blown hair? Short hair!! Works great for me!! :thumbs: :lol: :lol:
Terry

·
Registered
669 Posts
tolaiz said:
Quick fix for wind blown hair? Short hair!! Works great for me!! :thumbs: :lol: :lol:
Terry
Ummm...or no hair...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wind Restrictor said:
The Wind deflecting products are really only effective when the windows are up and you are going over 40mph. There are 4 choices that are on the market for the new SKY roadster at this time. The GM OEM mesh Wind Screen that has to have holes drilled in your panel to attach and many coments have been made that it is not as effective of deflecting the wind as the other aftermarket deflectors. There are 2 other companies that offer acrylic type wind deflectors that deflect wind the same as the one I offer. These are all the same basic design. The Kappa S. company was the first to come out with this design. If you want a good working product that is cost effective then you may want to choose the Kappa or Jay shield. If you are interested in a wind deflector that not only deflects the wind tubulance but adds a really nice cosmetic upgrade to your SKY then you should check out my Illuminated & Etched Wind Restrictor. I have sold a good amount of them to roadster owners and have had nothing but great comments! you may want to search the forum more for coments on the different "wind screens" before you decide to order one. I am offering a substantial 10% discount for all active forum members at this time.

http://www.windrestrictor.com/Sky_home.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/SKY_WB_More_Etched.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/SKY_WB_More_EL.html

http://www.windrestrictor.com/Features.html
Does it have to be removed when putting the top up?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I put on the Saturn windscreen. While not entirely stopping the wind whipping around the cabin, it helps. You can put the top up with the screen in place, but it reduces rearview vision at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I am going with the Saturn windscreen also. Looks good you your SKY. It actually looks a lot better in person. Some of the pictures I've seen make it very big and gaudy. But is not. Your pics show it better then any others I've seen including the one the I have taken. Maybe later I'll get one of the illumenated windscreens.

·
Registered
653 Posts
fkeillor said:
I am going with the Saturn windscreen also. Looks good you your SKY. It actually looks a lot better in person. Some of the pictures I've seen make it very big and gaudy. But is not. Your pics show it better then any others I've seen including the one the I have taken. Maybe later I'll get one of the illumenated windscreens.
You might want to think twice about that. I know the Saturn website says that the Saturn windscreen costs $300. Not sure if that's what the dealers are truly charging, but that's $100 more than the fancy illuminated one. And you can get a non-illuminated windscreen for even less than $200. And the nice thing about the plexi-glass wind screens is that you can hardly tell they are there. The Saturn one sticks out like a sore thumb (some may think it looks good, I think it looks OK, but still looks very out of place and detracts from the natural lines of the car). I'd shop around some more.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
fkeillor said:
The photos of the one listed here look pretty good I was impressed. I just would hate to have to drill holes on the panel of a SKY to attach a net wind blocker. This makes the decision very easy for me=)

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Superman said:
You might want to think twice about that. I know the Saturn website says that the Saturn windscreen costs $300. Not sure if that's what the dealers are truly charging, but that's $100 more than the fancy illuminated one. And you can get a non-illuminated windscreen for even less than $200. And the nice thing about the plexi-glass wind screens is that you can hardly tell they are there. The Saturn one sticks out like a sore thumb (some may think it looks good, I think it looks OK, but still looks very out of place and detracts from the natural lines of the car). I'd shop around some more.
Superman! I could make you a really cool Wind Restrictor with the "S" logo and SKY under it... "Super SKY" but if it is a Red Line maybe a Red Line text would be best. Let me know if you are interested I can post pics.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Haha, I would, but then I'd be stealing thunder from my 'Super'charged ION Redline. (you can kinda see the 'S' on the hood in the pic. OK, well, not really, but it's the best pic I can get to while I'm here at work :p)

Besides, the SKY RL will be for my wife, and I'm sure she'll have her own plans for it. I showed her your website though and she was very impressed. I'm sure she'll come up with something cool and original (her Dad is an artist, so she's got a good creative spark).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Superman said:
Haha, I would, but then I'd be stealing thunder from my 'Super'charged ION Redline. (you can kinda see the 'S' on the hood in the pic. OK, well, not really, but it's the best pic I can get to while I'm here at work :p)

Besides, the SKY RL will be for my wife, and I'm sure she'll have her own plans for it. I showed her your website though and she was very impressed. I'm sure she'll come up with something cool and original (her Dad is an artist, so she's got a good creative spark).
Wow sounds great! What color is she getting??

·
Registered
653 Posts
As in my sig: Sunburst Yellow. Will have all black interior.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wind Restrictor said:
Superman! I could make you a really cool Wind Restrictor with the "S" logo and SKY under it... "Super SKY" but if it is a Red Line maybe a Red Line text would be best. Let me know if you are interested I can post pics.
Hey, got any thing with a Betty Boop pic and room for my name??
theresa :D

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
tolaiz said:
Hey, got any thing with a Betty Boop pic and room for my name??
theresa :D
You betcha! I can have ANY image laser etched to perfection. I think this would look sooo cute and awesome! What color is your SKY Red?

Call me any time we can talk about this! Send me any image you think you would prefer to my email address. [email protected]

Robert
office...
214-881-4SKY
Cell...
469-878-6220

1 - 20 of 20 Posts