Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a Wind Restrictor and expected it to arrive in two weeks or so. To my surprise, it arrived in justt a few days. Woohoo!

There was discussion here or over at Solstice about the height of the WR product. My Sky has an existing deflector (apparently home made by my Sky's previous owner). I put the WR up next to my existing deflector, see pic.

I am looking forward to taking out the old deflector ( it has hundreds of micro-fissures - you can see some of it in the pic) and putting in the WR.

Question - At the top of the waterfall, I currectly have a strip of what looks like the "soft" side of a velcro strip. Is this standard or home-made, I don't know. Should I remove it when dismounting the old wind deflector?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't have a wind screen and don't have the velcro strip. I was thinking of getting one but not sure how well the install would be and whether it will make a difference. Did you get the light with it?

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Hey, Knight. Thanks for doing business with us! Let me reprint his question and ask our tech department. I'll have the answer for you by this time tomorrow my friend. Rojam35 if you have any questions, please ask here or pm me. :)

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Question - At the top of the waterfall, I currectly have a strip of what looks like the "soft" side of a velcro strip. Is this standard or home-made, I don't know. Should I remove it when dismounting the old wind deflector?
Pretty sure it's home-made or otherwise aftermarket.

If it's not in the way of the WR, it's probably a cosmetic consideration... so it's up to you?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you. I removed all the old stuff . The adhesive remains came off easily with Goof-Off.

The unit powered up, the ELK light controller seems to be working (the little red LED on the controller unit lights up when the car is on) and the remote control seems to be working (the little red LED on the remote lights up whenever any of the four buttons are pushed) - BUT - the unit does not respond at all to the remote. The unit is stuck in a red, blue, green cycle. The unit does not respond at all to any of the remote buttons, not even the power on/off button.

I detached the power wire from the light controller to turn it off so I can drive the car with out the red, blue green light show in the back.

Please have someone call me. I will send my phone number via PM.

Other than that, the WR looks great!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
To rojam35 - Yes , it illuminates the WR well - but there is some problem with the remote or the receiver. I'll wait for Wind Restrictor to address the issue because I cannot really use the lighting unit because it is stuck in one mode.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics from the uninstall of the old wind deflector...

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
The look of your old install is what I am afraid the WR would look like. Do you have pictures of the new install?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I will try to take pics tonight. I ran out of time yesterday.

The new WR unit looks VERY nice, imho. They called
me today re the light controller problem and said they are sending a new light controller. That is great, quick customer service!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rojam35 the WR installs clean and nice, unlike the DIY that was on knight's SKY. You have nothing to worry about. Knight that cleaned up nice, the picture with the residue had me a little worried, I thought the paint had peeled, but turned out great.

Bert

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Replacement light controller arrived and now it works perfectly. Outstanding service and product, WindRestrictor!!! Mark me as a raving fan of Wind Restrictor!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts