Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
....does anyone whom already owns and drives there SKY, feel the need for a "Windscreen">....

MRSVIPER

·
Registered
380 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
....does anyone whom already owns and drives there SKY, feel the need for a "Windscreen">....

MRSVIPER
Absolutely not. You sit low in the Sky as compared to a Miata. I can honestly say that the wind is not much of a factor in the Sky. I own a Miata too and also owned a BMW Z3. You sat high in those cars and I had / have wind screens on them and I can say they made a big plus difference. I traded the Z3 for a Z4 which sits lower and I could not tell significant difference with or with out the windscreen. I can tell you that compared to my other two rides the wind is not a big factor in the Sky. Save your money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MRSVIPER said:

MRSVIPER
Yes, absolutely needed for long drives if you want to put your head back on the headrest, otherwise you get blow around. Move your head 5 inches forward and minimal wind... the 'zone'. We are heading up to Seattle today (now) and I plan on having my cap on, head forward, and lovin' the sun and wind.

Chris

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Preference

MRSVIPER said:

MRSVIPER
I may have just got mine, but I have noticed less turbulance with the top down, then with it up and the windows down, and I drive on the So. Cal. Freeways. So, I don't think I will be bothering with a windscreen.

·
Registered
138 Posts
windscreens

hi guy's and gal's. we are finally getting cars delivered in canada. was at my dealer today, they were putting plates on one.(of course it was for the salesmanagers mother(nice mothers day gift) still don't know when i get mine but it's time to buy toys. has anyone bought and installed jaysenoffs wind screen or kappasphere's windscreen and how do you like it. i'm not sure which to purchase. also what other toys have you added? thanks:)

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Good questions....

I happen to know the KappaSphere guys reasonably well. They've been to both of our West Coast Kappa Car Club meets. Their KappaShield is very popular with almost all of the members in So Cal who have one. We saw the prototype at our November meet, and the version they released is VERY cool, and easy to remove/reinstall.

One tip, make sure you keep the side windows up on the freeway, or you will loose your hat! I know, I had it happen to me... :blush:

·
Registered
802 Posts
lchrisns said:
Yes, absolutely needed for long drives if you want to put your head back on the headrest, otherwise you get blow around. Move your head 5 inches forward and minimal wind... the 'zone'. We are heading up to Seattle today (now) and I plan on having my cap on, head forward, and lovin' the sun and wind. Chris
I too would have to agree. I noticed a big difference after installing mine. I think it works better for those people under 6ft as I can feel more wind just above my head (when I stick my hand up). If my head was a inch or two higher it would really whip my hair around. I was much worse before the windscreen and I had to wear a hat all the time, now it's optional. And, Hey! it looks real good, just like it was designed for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
skyfan said:
Absolutely not. You sit low in the Sky as compared to a Miata. I can honestly say that the wind is not much of a factor in the Sky. I own a Miata too and also owned a BMW Z3. You sat high in those cars and I had / have wind screens on them and I can say they made a big plus difference. I traded the Z3 for a Z4 which sits lower and I could not tell significant difference with or with out the windscreen. I can tell you that compared to my other two rides the wind is not a big factor in the Sky. Save your money.
Thanks for the heads up:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts