Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...this morning I discovered another minor (but annoying) problem with my new Sky. Drove to the gym with the top down...when I got to the gym, I put the top up (because I don't trust keeping the car out in the lot for 3-4 hours with the top down...at least, not yet) then rolled up my windows. The driver's side window rolled up just fine, but the passenger window would not roll up without creasing the rubber seal on the top. I rolled it down and tried several times, but nothing helped. So then I decided to try putting the top up with the windows already rolled up...this time, the top would not properly seat itself so that I could latch it down. :banghead: Almost seems as if something is not aligned correctly with the top on the passenger side. So...I ended up rolling the windows down again, and just putting the top up and rolling them back up, even though the passenger side still creased the rubber seal...I didn't want to, but I left it that way.

Is there some trick to getting the windows to roll up without creasing those rubber seals??? Or is there really a problem with my top that needs to be addressed at my dealer? Thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found that it is very difficult to put top up with windows up too. But I don't have the problem of the creasing seal. I just open my doors a tad and lock the top down and close the doors. (learned this after tinting the windows and not being able to roll them down). Top is much teasier to put up, with windows down or doors open.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Sounds like a problem with your top Linda. There's no trick to it although I always put the top up first and then roll up the windows.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GaryH said:
Sounds like a problem with your top Linda. There's no trick to it although I always put the top up first and then roll up the windows.
:agree: Yea thats how I do it too.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...I guess it looks like I'll be making a trip to my dealer on Friday to have this issue addressed. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
for one thing NEVER put the top up with the windows up , unless you open the doors first, you will damage the seals, could tear them...
second, where exactly is it creasing the seals? you may want to put a little silicone on the seals and make them slip past the window, instead of the window catching on them, I think in the owners manual it tells you what to put on the seals...
To keep it from creasing the seals until you get it looked at just open the door before putting the window up and close it after the top is up.. If the door is hard to close with the window up you may have to have the window adjusted a little bit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the tips, Skyman!! I will do as you suggest until I get it looked at. :thumbs:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I always put the top up with the windows in the down position...additionally I find it much easier to lower the windows than take the top off.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from my dealer....

I took my Sky into the dealer today. The Service Manager came out to have a look at my passenger window and confirmed that there is a problem with the window not properly sealing as it is rolled up. I have an appointment for next Wednesday to drop it off and have it taken care of. They will also have a body/paint guy in to do a touch-up on a nasty paint chip (down to the bare metal) on my driver's side door....and to buff out a surface scratch...both of which had to have happened during the PDI. :banghead:

I also picked up an annoying squeak somewhere in the front of the car, near the steering wheel/dash area on my way to the dealer...but about halfway there, it mysteriously went away. :confused: But I did mention it, and they will roadtest it to see if it magically reappears. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Murphy's Law #36----- All squeaks will disappear when Sky sees dealership doors. And/or Sky sees tech with screwdriver in hand.......Skip...I kid you not it is a real law.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts