Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if it is a private thing or not but I was hoping somebody would post a pic of a window sticker for a 2008 red line. Just want to see what one looks like and read the information off of it. Does anybody know if they can be obtained?

thank you…

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That looks like some sort of reproduction, not the original.
I have an original sticker that I can post this afternoon when I get back home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s pretty cool didn’t know you that the two tone red interior was more money… I wonder if the cashmere inserts were more as well…

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That’s pretty cool didn’t know you that the two tone red interior was more money… I wonder if the cashmere inserts were more as well…
Well, it wasn't the Red that was more expensive, it was the leather (red or black) that was more expensive (compared to the standard cloth seats).

I believe that the "cashmere" you refer to was part of the cost for the Carbon Flash edition, and was not available otherwise, so technically it didn't cost "extra" (it was already included in the Carbon Flash package).

Making things even more complicated, there was a D30 option available that DID cost extra, but that was a special color-override fee to allow ordering of custom color combinations that were not standardly available. You will be able to see that fee on my sticker when I can post it later.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Font Material property Wood Rectangle Handwriting

here you go
dont know anything about the carbon flash, but my ruby red (not SE) has a tan top and cashmere interior, built 8/21/2008. wondering how many came through this way?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That looks like a "real" window sticker - rather than the reproduction shown further up.

I'm not sure where the "cashmere" term has come from. Cashmere is actually a type of material (not a color), and as far as I know there were no Skys made with interiors other than cloth and leather.

There were Tan, Black, and Red interior (as well as the "titanium-colored" for the Carbon Flash) "leather seating surfaces", and Black cloth. The leather was the $475 up-charge shown on this sticker (over the standard cloth). Note that this charge was for the "leather", not for the color (the price for Tan, Black, or Red leather was the same).

As to how many non-SE Ruby Red Skys had a Tan top and Tan interior, I can find that for you this evening when I get home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That looks like a "real" window sticker - rather than the reproduction shown further up.

I'm not sure where the "cashmere" term has come from. Cashmere is actually a type of material (not a color), and as far as I know there were no Skys made with interiors other than cloth and leather.

There were Tan, Black, and Red interior (as well as the "titanium-colored" for the Carbon Flash) "leather seating surfaces", and Black cloth. The leather was the $475 up-charge shown on this sticker (over the standard cloth). Note that this charge was for the "leather", not for the color (the price for Tan, Black, or Red leather was the same).

As to how many non-SE Ruby Red Skys had a Tan top and Tan interior, I can find that for you this evening when I get home.
I think cashmere is just what the color option is called for the tan inserts, at least when I look it up for parts that is what GM calls it…

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Didn’t know that there were Ruby Red cars that were not considered SE. Interesting…
Yes, there were 500 Ruby Red special editions, and slightly less than 500 "non SE" Ruby Red Skys (all for the 2009 model year).

I think it was like 494 of the "non-SE" ones. I'd need to look it up to be sure.

The non-SE ones didn't get the stripe, or special wheels, or special seat stitching. They were just "regular" Skys with the Ruby Red color paint.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The label I posted is the real deal. I have every piece of paperwork the original owner had.
Slightly over 9k miles

·
Registered
383 Posts

I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
From the first letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians... "Send more leather."

(old catholic school joke)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Here is my original sticker from an early build 2008 Redline.
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Paper

Note the extra $590 for "Recommeded Color Combination Override". This was to allow me to get the red interior with the red exterior (a combination that was not normally allowed). This is in addition to the "normal" $475 charge for "leather seating surfaces".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is my original sticker from an early build 2008 Redline.
View attachment 119869

Note the extra $590 for "Recommeded Color Combination Override". This was to allow me to get the red interior with the red exterior (a combination that was not normally allowed). This is in addition to the "normal" $475 charge for "leather seating surfaces".
That’s awesome I wouldn’t think they would do something like that… pretty cool!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
These are the numbers that I have for 2009 Ruby Red Skys...
Some of this data comes from the CompNine website (when it was free), and some comes from the book by Robert Casey.

....994 Merlot Jewel (75U)
........698 Turbo (LNF)
............445 Automatic (M82)
................239 Special Edition (1FW)
................106 Regular
............253 Manual (MA5)
................128 Special Edition (1FW)
................125 Regular
........296 Base (LE5)
............226 Automatic (M82)
................100 Special Edition (1FV)
................126 Regular
............70 Manual (MA5)
................33 Special Edition (1FV)
................37 Regular

........698 Turbo (LNF)
................4 Red Leather (025)
................397 Black Leather (192) (239 of these were the special edition)
................43 Tan Leather (312)
................1 Black Cloth (19B)
................3 Red Leather (025)
................232 Black Leather (192) (128 of these were the special edition)
................18 Tan Leather (312)
................0 Black Cloth (19B)
........296 Base (LE5)
................1 Red Leather (025)
................186 Black Leather (192) (100 of these were the special edition)
................39 Tan Leather (312)
................2 Red Leather (025)
................60 Black Leather (192) (33 of these were the special edition)
................8 Tan Leather (312)

Unfortunately, I don't have direct info on the Tan top versus Tan interior. From the CompNine data, it appears that 2 cars used the color override option to get a Ruby Red with Black Top and Tan interior.

However, there is a discrepency between the CompNine data and the Casey book, in that the CompNine shows only 8 instances of the color override option for 2009, but the Casey book shows 10 instances of Ruby Red with a red interior (which should have needed the override). The CompNine data shows only 3 Ruby Red with red interior. So there is obviously some confusion there.

Best guess...
There were 61 Ruby Red Sky Redlines with Tan Interiors for 2009 (43 automatics and 18 manuals).
There were 47 Ruby Red Sky "base" with Tan Interiors for 2009 (39 automatics and 8 manuals).
And there were probably 2 of those cars (unknown if redline or not) that had black tops with tan interior.

Hopefully this answers your question.

·
Registered
383 Posts
These are the numbers that I have for 2009 Ruby Red Skys...
Some of this data comes from the CompNine website (when it was free), and some comes from the book by Robert Casey.

........698 Turbo (LNF)
................239 Special Edition (1FW)
................106 Regular
................128 Special Edition (1FW)
................125 Regular
........296 Base (LE5)
................100 Special Edition (1FV)
................126 Regular
................33 Special Edition (1FV)
................37 Regular

........698 Turbo (LNF)
................4 Red Leather (025)
................397 Black Leather (192) (239 of these were the special edition)
................43 Tan Leather (312)
................1 Black Cloth (19B)
................3 Red Leather (025)
................232 Black Leather (192) (128 of these were the special edition)
................18 Tan Leather (312)
........296 Base (LE5)
................1 Red Leather (025)
................186 Black Leather (192) (100 of these were the special edition)
................39 Tan Leather (312)
................2 Red Leather (025)
................60 Black Leather (192) (33 of these were the special edition)
................8 Tan Leather (312)

Unfortunately, I don't have direct info on the Tan top versus Tan interior. From the CompNine data, it appears that 2 cars used the color override option to get a Ruby Red with Black Top and Tan interior.

However, there is a discrepency between the CompNine data and the Casey book, in that the CompNine shows only 8 instances of the color override option for 2009, but the Casey book shows 10 instances of Ruby Red with a red interior (which should have needed the override). The CompNine data shows only 3 Ruby Red with red interior. So there is obviously some confusion there.

Best guess...
There were 61 Ruby Red Sky Redlines with Tan Interiors for 2009 (43 automatics and 18 manuals).
There were 47 Ruby Red Sky "base" with Tan Interiors for 2009 (39 automatics and 8 manuals).
And there were probably 2 of those cars (unknown if redline or not) that had black tops with tan interior.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Thank you, it does.
I didn’t figure there were many out there😊

1 - 20 of 21 Posts