Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there considering getting your windows tinted on your SKY? If so, would you do the back window? Do you think putting the top down would scratch the tint?

Just curious. I just want a light (30%) tint applied.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm going to tint my windows, I alredy hav the guy that wants to do it. He is going to do it pretty much from free because he wants to shoot a comercial and he said he would do it reay cheap if he could use a before and after on my car. I will be doing bothe windows, the rear window, and my kappasheild. You showuld see if someone will do it for cheap if you let them use your car for a picture or something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Definitely tinting my windows! I always have on all my cars and it is great for preserving the interior when you do need to leave the top up and the sun is blaring down on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Not really considering it as of yet. My windows and top are always down right now. We will see how it goes as I have had it awhile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definately Tinting Windows!

one of the first thing i'm going to do is tint the windows for several reasons. It will deter some people from looking in the car. You can watch people looking at your car and them not knowing you know they are looking. Being a guy, it would make it more of a guys car since girls don't usually get tint. it should prevent some of tha leather from heating up so much during those long sunny days. and lastly its kool to be able to ride past people with the top down and seeing them try to get a look inside. but i don't think ill tint the back window.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
indaskyz said:
one of the first thing i'm going to do is tint the windows for several reasons. It will deter some people from looking in the car. You can watch people looking at your car and them not knowing you know they are looking. Being a guy, it would make it more of a guys car since girls don't usually get tint. it should prevent some of tha leather from heating up so much during those long sunny days. and lastly its kool to be able to ride past people with the top down and seeing them try to get a look inside. but i don't think ill tint the back window.
Are you not tinting the back window b/c of the possibility of scratches? That's what I'm concerned about.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No tinting here

For a number of reasons -- First and foremost it is illegal to tint the front windows of a car here (both passager and driver) beyond some pitiful 10 or 20%. Some of the surrounding towns are even more resrictive and will ticket cars DRIVING THROUGH who are tinted.
Second of all -- if your windows are tinted -- a passer-by criminal can't see in your car -- . o O(Hmmm must be hidin something) and slits the roof -- leave it clear -- show that there is nothing special inside...
Finally -- I drive with windows down more often that not...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm definitely tinting my windows... and more than likely darker than legally acceptable. Considering the fact that I live in Los Angeles, more often than not, I will have the windows down (this week excluded as we are having one of our biggest rain storms in a long time). As for the back window, I am also interested in knowing how/if that is "do-able" and standard. Keep up the good posts...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll tint the rear window a bit to cut down on headlight glare. Not interested in doing the side windows (it is illegal in CA). I'll might also tint my Kappashield too but I have heard that the tint might not stay on due to flex - we'll see.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I hadn't thought about it, but don't have the front windows of my truck tinted, nor on the Vette, so probably not. Not having it in anything now, I won't miss not having it. And I wear sunglasses most the time anyway.:cool:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have no plans of tinting my windows. This is just my opinion...but I think it makes a car look 'pimped'. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
NC Sky said:
Are you not tinting the back window b/c of the possibility of scratches? That's what I'm concerned about.

I'm going to do the back window limo black..there is no legal limit on the back glass..the tint goes on the inside so i dont think scratches will be a problem and they would have to be pretty deep scratches to be really noticable on black tint

to the guy who is tinting his kappa shield you might wanna check the solstice forums on that subject...because the shield flexes a bit with the wind the tint doesnt seem to stay on it but for a few days

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Astronomer said:
...to the guy who is tinting his kappa shield you might wanna check the solstice forums on that subject...because the shield flexes a bit with the wind the tint doesnt seem to stay on it but for a few days
I just checked to Solstice forum and you were coorect - it turns out that tinting the Kappa Shield is not a good idea. The flex is too much for the tint film and it starts to peel off after a few days. Looks like my KS will remain clear.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
I have no plans of tinting my windows. This is just my opinion...but I think it makes a car look 'pimped'. :D
I'm wich'ya on that one...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Planning to tint the back window 20 since it is so small... probably just end up doing 5 though lol... side windows 30... anything lighter than 30 is not worth your money..

I like to do visors, but a visor would be so small on a Sky or Solstice it would not be worth it..

·
Registered
877 Posts
No tinting for me.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
azote said:
I don't think I will..... I want people to know who is driving that baby.... ;)
but maybe after a few months I will ... since I did a photo shop and looks kickass!
Yeah I think I'll wait too. I know they'll see the car but I want them to see me too, enjoying my second childhood:lol:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
No tinting for me, either. Wanna show everyone that there's nothing to steal, so please don't slash the top! Also, I like to smile back as people stare and wave:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts