Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, anytime you are putting the top up or down, the windows need to be lowered first, right?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Quick question, anytime you are putting the top up or down, the windows need to be lowered first, right?
Definitely when putting the top UP. Sometimes I forget to, when putting the top DOWN...but I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing so.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Definitely when putting the top UP. Sometimes I forget to, when putting the top DOWN...but I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing so.
Yep. Going down no problem. Going up, lower the windows a little.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:agree:
It's how I do it..

·
Registered
300 Posts
I usually just open both doors.

If that is not possible then roll down the windows. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I just open both doors as well. I like to have a look to see that the top is sliding in the glides at the bottom ok as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just open both doors as well. I like to have a look to see that the top is sliding in the glides at the bottom ok as well.
Yep, leave 'em up and open the doors. That way when you close them, you'll be assured they seal properly from the outside (see posts on window angle / tilt).:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep, leave 'em up and open the doors. That way when you close them, you'll be assured they seal properly from the outside (see posts on window angle / tilt).:thumbs:
You are correct, Rob! :thumbs: Don't know why I didn't think of that when I posted my reply...as I was one of the people that had the window angle/tilt issue. I realize now after your post, that I actually don't roll down the windows, but open the doors instead.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You are correct, Rob! :thumbs: Don't know why I didn't think of that when I posted my reply...as I was one of the people that had the window angle/tilt issue. I realize now after your post, that I actually don't roll down the windows, but open the doors instead.
My driver's side is fine, but the passenger's side seems to be just a "tad" off. "Tad" being the technical measurement of about 1/16" that every now and then catches the rubber surround at a "funky" angle.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I usually crank the windows down..My SKY didn't come with electric windows...:lol:
Does your have teh deluxe removable crank that fits in teh back of teh seat storage area (complete with ice chest, shoe rack and 120 piece tool box?):thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts