Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone here has recently installed the wind restrictor door seals when I was watching the video for instructions on installing it was mentioning an inverter.I didn't see any such thing on the ends of the wires that was just wire does anybody know what the deal is with this

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just installed them last weekend. They did away with the inverters now due to the new style lights supplied in the kits. It's a pretty easy install.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Yeah, just for some history... Their original sill backlights were electroluminescent panels and required high voltage inverters to make them work - that's what I have on my car. Unfortunately, those EL panels age quickly and the illumination starts to go blotchy or cut out completely. Mine have and there were a lot of others complaining about them here on the fora. Especially as WR didn't seem to stand behind them and did not offer to replace them after the original warranty expired.

So since then, they went to LED backlights (I believe) that don't require the inverters and (hopefully) have a longer life.

·
Super Moderator
5,533 Posts
That high voltage could also cause a lovely shock if the wires got cut by the aluminum sill.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think they are worth buying. Looking at the construction of these, if the lights were to burn out I believe they could be easily repaired. Although getting them unstuck might be a major difficulty!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
So I have a set, never installed (bought a few years ago) pretty sure they are LED. Any tips / tricks advice?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts