Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to WR for working with me and sending me a great wind restrictor. Thanks for the speedy shipping also! I am not very car savy specially with wires and stuff but the instructions were crystal clear so I decided to try it myself. I ended up installing it to the brake lights just to attract less attention from cops. I also got my windows tinted not too dark. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I love mine.....I did the other stock looking one,(Red Line with the arcs) but this one is nice too....
good job, they do make it easy to install too.
You will get lots of comments about the car with it lit up ....somehow it just looks that much better.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I also like that it feels so much better driving with the top down. I don't think I'll b putting my top up anytime soon :D

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Mine is lit full time at night anyway......I also like it when the top is up...kind of a neat interior accent. But the car really does pop when the top is down....too bad that wont be happening till next spring now.
I don't think red lighting will be a problem for the police... red is the right color to have in the rear anyway......although I am thinking of my next WR V2 this time and maybe multi color option......

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Thanks to WR for working with me and sending me a great wind restrictor. Thanks for the speedy shipping also! I am not very car savy specially with wires and stuff but the instructions were crystal clear so I decided to try it myself. I ended up installing it to the brake lights just to attract less attention from cops. I also got my windows tinted not too dark. Thanks again!

Very nice! Thanks so much for allowing us to help you out and for posting up these beautiful photos!

~Stephen

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the topic :lol: but how did you change the middle rear light to being a brake light?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for hijacking the topic :lol: but how did you change the middle rear light to being a brake light?
U mean the light above the Saturn logo? That's the 3rd brake light. If u mean the wind restrictor, there's 2 options for lighting. 1 is to hook it up to the brake lights so it turns on everytime u brake or 2 u can hook it up the the rear lights that turn on with ur headlights for night driving.

·
Registered
134 Posts
U mean the light above the Saturn logo? That's the 3rd brake light. If u mean the wind restrictor, there's 2 options for lighting. 1 is to hook it up to the brake lights so it turns on everytime u brake or 2 u can hook it up the the rear lights that turn on with ur headlights for night driving.
Ohhhh I thought this was an "in reverse" light because it was white. All you did then was find a red cover to replace the white one then (or a red bulb?)

·
7,019 Posts
Ohhhh I thought this was an "in reverse" light because it was white. All you did then was find a red cover to replace the white one then (or a red bulb?)
blastery - All Saturn Sky's have a 3rd Brake light that glows red.... I figure you thought it was a reverse light because its lens is white or clear in color....
The Sky's 3rd brake light has a red light behind the lens and that's what gives the red glow... On eBay you can obtain a red lens for that area of the car, or get an overlay that says what ever you want... I have that on my car with the word MARVIC 1 in black overlay.... :cheers:

·
Registered
134 Posts
blastery - All Saturn Sky's have a 3rd Brake light that glows red.... I figure you thought it was a reverse light because its lens is white or clear in color....
The Sky's 3rd brake light has a red light behind the lens and that's what gives the red glow... On eBay you can obtain a red lens for that area of the car, or get an overlay that says what ever you want... I have that on my car with the word MARVIC 1 in black overlay.... :cheers:
You're exactly right, I assumed the 3rd brake light (and the bottom middle light) were reverse lights because their lenses were white instead of red. I'll see about getting a red lens somewhere. A relay/overlay would be pretty far down the line, I want an in dash gps unit and wind restricter first :willy:

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
You're exactly right, I assumed the 3rd brake light (and the bottom middle light) were reverse lights because their lenses were white instead of red. I'll see about getting a red lens somewhere. A relay/overlay would be pretty far down the line, I want an in dash gps unit and wind restricter first :willy:
red brake light lens can be had cheap off ebay..... I prefer mine in clear though...would like to have tinted taillghts though...same as the Redline's headlights are done in, not too black(dark)
WR lit up will give you alot of bang for the buck too.... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts