Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you have to love this! Robert after a quick modification of the LED here is what my SKY looks like with it's windrestrictor. Now I only wish we get good weather to enjoy it with the top down. Robert you do incredible work! I love it!

DSC00149 (Large).JPG My SKY.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
OK you have to love this! Robert after a quick modification of the LED here is what my SKY looks like with it's windrestrictor. Now I only wish we get good weather to enjoy it with the top down. Robert you do incredible work! I love it!

View attachment 6766 View attachment 6767
What I want to know is where did you get that license plate frame. Yes its really a Saturn :lol: I love it :cheers:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Very nice!!!:drool: Do you have it hooked up to your break lights?? I'm thinking about tying mine into my fog lights switch! :thumbs:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next weekend, It's gona be nice weather in Poco :thumbs:
Maybe I'll see you cruisin' your Sky, hey :) ..

Cheers !!
I hope so! I'd like to have the top down some time soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice!!!:drool: Do you have it hooked up to your break lights?? I'm thinking about tying mine into my fog lights switch! :thumbs:
Yes we hooked it up to the break lights. But having them on the fog lights sounds like a great idea. You turn it on and off when you want!

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts

View attachment 6766 View attachment 6767
THANKS SO MUCH! It looks great... I do not know why you had to make the MOD about 1 out of 50 have had this slight problem I am working hard to make sure it wont need any mods ever again. THanks the photos look great!

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Yes we hooked it up to the break lights. But having them on the fog lights sounds like a great idea. You turn it on and off when you want!
SOON I will have a kit that will take minuets to install... This will allow you to have it turned on at a certain brightness when your driving lamps come on the at full brightness when you hit the brakes.. I will keep everyone informed. A SKY owner has perfected this device and is helping to get this in place for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great pics. Neat ideas. How much are we talking about for an illuminated one? (ball park)
Thanks.
Pulpem
Black with red/black interior
5 days old :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
What about other lighted add-ons?

I'm not a fan of wind restrictors nor is my wife, thankfully.

However, I am toying with the idea of adding a small neon sculpture on the back lid above the storage box. It runs either through a standard transformer OR on 2 "AA" batteries so I have both options available (including through the aux / cig lighter outlet with the proper voltage and adapter).

It is truly glass, not glowing plastic, with pink and blue neon (check out the reflection on the deck lid!:cool:). The ballast / base is the exact same silver as my pearl sky so it would blend perfectly. Check out the pics (daytime and dark).

"Cool idea":thumbs: or "gone too far...?:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I'm not a fan of wind restrictors nor is my wife, thankfully.

However, I am toying with the idea of adding a small neon sculpture on the back lid above the storage box. It runs either through a standard transformer OR on 2 "AA" batteries so I have both options available (including through the aux / cig lighter outlet with the proper voltage and adapter).

It is truly glass, not glowing plastic, with pink and blue neon (check out the reflection on the deck lid!:cool:). The ballast / base is the exact same silver as my pearl sky so it would blend perfectly. Check out the pics (daytime and dark).

"Cool idea":thumbs: or "gone too far...?:rolleyes:
WOW lol that is really unique! I really don't see why any one would not like the idea of my product and I would love to know why you don't. I totally respect your opinion I just like all the feedback I can get so if there is any way I can approve the design I can make the changes. I have made a few and now it is really great. First my Wind Restrictor is a wind deflection device that I and many other roadster owners feels takes the place of the factory mesh net screens, then it is also an amazing piece of art work that personalizes your SKY and sets it apart from all others. It may not be for everyone... I mean Ernest he owns 2 SKY'S he was not turned on by it at all till he saw one in person now he is very excited about it and I am working on a second one for his new REDLINE! There have been a few reports in the beginning of people not liking it to much or thinking it was "to much" but most all of those people have changed there out look and purchased one. I have sold these to SKY owners 18-65 and EVERY PERSON I KNOW THAT HAS GOT ONE LOVES IT! Now that we have come out with the new brake lamp module that allows the WR to come on with your driving lamps then to brighten at full desired adjustable brightens this makes it light up just like your brake lamps do! This is now not only an amazing looking, great working wind deflector it is also a fully functioning device that adds a great safety feature by having another break light!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
WOW lol that is really unique! I really don't see why any one would not like the idea of my product and I would love to know why you don't. I totally respect your opinion I just like all the feedback I can get so if there is any way I can approve the design I can make the changes. I have made a few and now it is really great. First my Wind Restrictor is a wind deflection device that I and many other roadster owners feels takes the place of the factory mesh net screens, then it is also an amazing piece of art work that personalizes your SKY and sets it apart from all others. It may not be for everyone... I mean Ernest he owns 2 SKY'S he was not turned on by it at all till he saw one in person now he is very excited about it and I am working on a second one for his new REDLINE! There have been a few reports in the beginning of people not liking it to much or thinking it was "to much" but most all of those people have changed there out look and purchased one. I have sold these to SKY owners 18-65 and EVERY PERSON I KNOW THAT HAS GOT ONE LOVES IT! Now that we have come out with the new brake lamp module that allows the WR to come on with your driving lamps then to brighten at full desired adjustable brightens this makes it light up just like your brake lamps do! This is now not only an amazing looking, great working wind deflector it is also a fully functioning device that adds a great safety feature by having another break light!!!
I love the artistic side of it. The lighted models and engraving is beautiful on the samples others have posted. You do great work - no doubt about that! :thumbs: :cheers:

For my wife and I, it's all about the wind. I have a crew cut and seldom wear a hat so blowing hair is not a issue for me. I'm a speed freak and love feeling and hearing the speed in the remnants of what hair is left.

I do want something to make my car stand out but a wind restrictor is not my first choice. I'm looking for that next crazy thing to add on (i.e. a neon light, interior LED system, a working disco ball from the rearview mirror, or ???). :jester:

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I love the artistic side of it. The lighted models and engraving is beautiful on the samples others have posted. You do great work - no doubt about that! :thumbs: :cheers:

For my wife and I, it's all about the wind. I have a crew cut and seldom wear a hat so blowing hair is not a issue for me. I'm a speed freak and love feeling and hearing the speed in the remnants of what hair is left.

I do want something to make my car stand out but a wind restrictor is not my first choice. I'm looking for that next crazy thing to add on (i.e. a neon light, interior LED system, a working disco ball from the rearview mirror, or ???). :jester:
COOL now I understand! I am working on some really neat illuminated accessories I am sure you one of them will be something you like! I will keep you posted. Thanks for your comments.

Robert

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was fooling around in photoshop while waiting on my sky and here is what i came up with. (i added the wind restrictor and plate) What do you think?

for the non-Ricers, the owl is the mascot for Rice
Later

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts