Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am just wondering what a wind screen/restrictor does I can't wrap my head around the purpose of the part.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Without the wind restrictor, my wife's hair is drawn forward and wraps around her face. With the wind restrictor, it doesn't do that.

It helps to preserve an air pocket in the cockpit that remains remarkably calm - particularly with the side windows up. The net effect is about the same as driving in a sedan with a sunroof in terms of wind and noise - but of course you have the whole sky above you opened up to see.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just got mine from windrestrictor.com. We love it.
I was able to use the car phone with the windows up.
The best part, it dresses her up nice. Check out the
web sight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone here purchased the dealer option for the wind restrictor? I'm curious as how they compare to the after market ones that everyone seems to be buying.

R

·
Registered
692 Posts
Has anyone here purchased the dealer option for the wind restrictor? I'm curious as how they compare to the after market ones that everyone seems to be buying.

R
Got mine as a mandatory add on. at 395 it's overpriced for certain. The webbing already has a tiny tear in it. Look for an aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts

R
Not only that, the OEM's drill holes into your baby :nono: :nono: Uh-UH you ain't a-drillin any holes in my Sky--:mad: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Got mine from Robert as well. It has a terrific design and looks great during the day or illuminated at night. He can literally put any high quality design you want on it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice and will be looking into getting one for my car. The dealer wanted to charge about $600.00 for it and ...

R

·
Registered
388 Posts

R
Also got mine as a mandatory add on. We think it takes away from the sexy look of the car so we bought a Kappashield. In our "wind tunnel testing" comparing the 2 we found the clear acrylic kind cuts down turbulence better. My hair didn't wrap around my face as much and our hats didn't feel like they were going to fly off.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice and will be looking into getting one for my car. The dealer wanted to charge about $600.00 for it and ...

R
Thanks for the good words about the WR, Call me any time and I can get one prepared for you right away, plain and clear or etched with illumination like most SKY owners like them:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Does anyone else think the wind restrictor saturn sells is totally fugly??
Not only is it fugly, it looks like you could play a game of tennis with it. I don't see how it could restrict the wind because it is mesh. Just my .02. :jester:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts