Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both yesterday morning and this morning when I started my Sky the windshield wipers are automatically shut-on. When I attempt to shut them off I am unsuccessful, no matter what position I put it in all it does is change the interval speed. As I was driving home from work yesterday, about 20 minutes into my commute, they eventually automatically shut off.

Has anyone else encountered this with their Sky?

I do plan on stopping by the dealership this afternoon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like a bad switch. At least you have a clean windshield. :lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
connierw said:
Both yesterday morning and this morning when I started my Sky the windshield wipers are automatically shut-on. When I attempt to shut them off I am unsuccessful, no matter what position I put it in all it does is change the interval speed. As I was driving home from work yesterday, about 20 minutes into my commute, they eventually automatically shut off.

you do not twist the end to turn it on and off, you move the lever up to turn it on and down to turn it off .......

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Wow..... didnt know about that problem..... but i have had the wipers turn on at very odd times..... turn the radio on or off...... and then... one time it wouldnt turn off when i turned on the fog lights.... i just turned the lights on and then off... and they stopped..... probably a bad connection... or a fluke... never since...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
connierw said:

Quit complaining. Sky's are SO good that they are forecasting the weather!!!:thumbs:

Yeh, well, whatever. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Are you used to driving a Ford, by any chance? It sounds to me like you're only turning the switch at the end of the stalk, not moving the stalk itself. In my boss's Expedition (and the two before it) the one switch rotates around the stalk from off through many intermittent speeds, then to on and finally really fast. Every now and then when I'm driving her truck, I knock the transmission out of gear because it starts to rain...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmm, possible BCM? next time it happens, have a passenger start kicking the floor under them and see if it stops, since thats where it is located. :jester:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Why is every car different?

I have owned and or operated dozens of makes and models both foreign and domestic over the years - and there is so much variation in how the turn signal - wipers - fluid - intermittent - and washer fluid works. Even from year to year within a single make and model - Honda Civic for example - from 96 to 2000 to 04 they changed the wiper control from push to rotate etc - i prefer the 96 where I can pull it towards me to spray without affecting other settings - on the 04 the spray is the topmost position - and in order to spray you have to cancel other settings (intermitent, slow, fast) and then if you still need the wipres to go you have to put it down again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts