Saturn Sky Forum banner

Windsreen Tinting

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  marlboromike 
#1 · (Edited)
Just tried to have my windscreen tinted...they guy said u cannot tint on plastic...any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Thanks for any input. I spelled windscreen incorrectly on the title...sorry. TYPO

#3 ·
I read on sol forum that a couple of guys got it tinted but that it started to bubble after a few months. something about bubbles under the tint

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15394&highlight=tint

I saw pic of a silver sol just tinted and the shield looked good! but I'm not gonna do it unless someone can tell me a way that makes it stick for longer than a few months

#5 ·
I bought the kappasheild for the solstice before I knew they were comming out for one with the sky si u have been testing differnet tinting methods in it to see which one is the best. SO far I have used a spray in windo tint and it did't work. I still have one more spray and possibly tinting film. I'll get back to you guys woth the results.

#7 ·
I understand that tinting the pastic with various sprays or sheets may not work too well. But how about one of our vendors offering a screen made from tinted plastic? I am sure the plastic comes in an array of colors including greys and blacks (Why not other solors as well). . .

#9 ·
marlboromike said:
Just tried to have my windscreen tinted...they guy said u cannot tint on plastic...any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Thanks for any input. I spelled windscreen incorrectly on the title...sorry. TYPO
Remember, you have to look through it when using the mirror. Don't go too far with the tinting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.