Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 base Ming Blue does NOT have a rear wing on the trunk. I bought a decent OEM Ming Blue rear wing from Hoosier GXP. I was going to install it but looking at all the pics of Skys with and without rear wings, I am thinking that I like my Ming Blue Sky better without a rear wing. Maybe it's my Ming Blue color that has me feeling this way.

I am not asking what I should do. I will do what I want.

I ask which "look" you like better, and please post pics if you have them available for us to review. I would post pics of mine (I will soon) but no proper angle pics yet because the car is still at my friend's shop getting the brake pedal sensor calibrated and a software correction to activate the power door locks.

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
Technically it is a spoiler, not a wing.

It will reduce lift beginning at about 100 MPH, so it has no practical purpose below that speed, and not much purpose below about 120 MPH.

I think the car looks better without it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love mine. Car looks much better with the spoiler. Fits in perfectly with Norms rear facia and the Opel fog.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bought mine and it didn’t have the wing. I honestly could go either way..... since mine didn’t come with a wing.... I’m planning to love it the way it came from the factory.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
mine came with the spoiler, '08 Ming blue. Love it!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didnt even relize some of these came without the wing (maybe just removed?). I have been toying with the idea of redoing the rear end a bit to make it less jarring and under-bitey. A subtle lip spoiler snd new tails were my thinking. I like thr clean look though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My buddy has a silver Sky and it did NOT have the rear spoiler. I helped him add it (he was very nervous when I started drilling those first holes, lol), but he loves it now. The spoiler was really a great design, it integrates very well with the body lines and is just the right size/shape for the car. The designers did a great job there...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made a final decision. I will NOT be adding the rear spoiler "wing". I put my Ming Blue spoiler up for sale in the Chicago area Craigslist along with other Sky and Solstice items I am liquidating. I won't ship anything so please don't ask.

I am enjoying everyone's comments and pictures. Please continue.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
If your SKY doesn't already have a wing then by all means don't spoil it!
Let the car look just as the original designers intended.

Here's some old-school MOPAR muscle . . . wingless.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Mine didn't have a spoiler when I bought it and to me it looked incomplete, so I added one. To each their own. And the practical side said I needed it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts