Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
excuse me but all this is new to me..... battery tender? i would assume this has to be plugged into an outlet? would this one work?
This is the one that had been recommended to me and I swear by it. Two winters service.

Battery Tender Plus - Batterytender.com

Edit PS: You can also get a cigarette lighter adapter plug as an extra.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I remember the good ole days...when u had to add water to the cells...I would leave my car in the street for about a month in the winter...and it would start right up when I returned from winter vacation...but that was then.

Where did you put the water in that thing mike? I mean this was current back when you were only kind-of-old.... :jester:

·
Registered
972 Posts
excuse me but all this is new to me..... battery tender? i would assume this has to be plugged into an outlet? would this one work?

Edit PS: You can also get a cigarette lighter adapter plug as an extra.
The cigarette lighter adapter is to make it easier to plug the tender into the car without going under the hood. You still need to plug the charger into the wall. The tender cannot power itself and the battery through the lighter, if you invent one that does you'll make millions. :jester:

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
The cigarette lighter adapter is to make it easier to plug the tender into the car without going under the hood. You still need to plug the charger into the wall. The tender cannot power itself and the battery through the lighter, if you invent one that does you'll make millions.
Obviously. I do use the CL adapter. The actual BT plugs into a AC outlet in the garage. It glows red while charging, then green when fully charged. Great device. Highly recommend (if you're stuck with miserable snowy, road salted winters that is). :thumbs:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Obviously. I do use the CL adapter. The actual BT plugs into a AC outlet in the garage. It glows red while charging, then green when fully charged. Great device. Highly recommend (if you're stuck with miserable snowy, road salted winters that is). :thumbs:
The adapter makes sense because you're less likely to forget to unplug the unit and try to drive off when the cord is stretched across the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I keep it simple.

Full tank of gas with stabil in it, top up and unlatched, battery tender.

I usually start it once a month for about 20 minutes to keep the parts oiled up inside the engine then change the oil in spring after pulling it out of hibernation. I've been doing it to the Vette for a few years now and haven't had any springtime issues. The Vette doesn't start the entire winter but that's because I can disconnect the coil and crank the engine until oil pressure builds up before allowing it to start the first time in 5 months. I don't like the idea of the Sky sitting all winter and that first start up at high idle on oil starved parts.

The tires do flat spot but after they warm up in about 20 minutes of springtime driving they're fine again. No issues on the Vette's tires with 4 winters sitting for 5 months at a time.

·
Registered
07 Saturn Sky Red Line Bluestone
7 Posts
Man, it must suck to live up north...It's still 85-90 degrees here. It's actually still kinda hot to drive top down right now. We can drive literally year round.

I've had the top and doors off my Wrangler for the last 3 weeks and with the shade cover I have, it's perfect.

Don't mean to rub it in too much...
:lol:
I guess that is why northern states and Canada sky's have low km. - miles because there only driven 5 to 6 months. of the year on sunny days Lol.. Compared to the sunny states drive them and ware them out mile after mile no pun intended :)...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts