Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A note of caution... I was getting my car ready for our Nine-SKY-Gathering tomorrow and doing a bit of detailing under the hood. Clean up this, wipe that... You know the drill. Then , with the hood up, I flexed the wipers back to get to the glass of the windshield and hit it with the Invisible Glass cleaner top to bottom. I took a step back to admire my handiwork, and I noticed that the wipers flexed back were pointing into the engine compartment somewhat...

If you weren't paying attention and closed the hood with the wipers flexed back like that, youd bend the hell out of 'em, guaranteed. Also, if you reversed the order and the wipers were off the glass when you opened the hood to get to the engine compartment, you'd not only bend the wiper blades but also scratch the hell out of the top of your hood.

I've flexed the wipers to clean the glass on other cars, but with the hood hinged at the back this has never been an issue. But the SKY is a different story.

So, make a mental note now: Opening and closing the hood make sure the doors are closed or all the way open, and the wipers are sitting on the glass. Otherwise you can ruin your whole day.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear, well...read that. I too was "spiffing up my car" and noticed that I must've hit a pothole and my 20" low-profile tire AND wheel got a gash in it. We had to have my husband's motorcycled towed to the shop today and they told me it was completely cosmetic. But you know how it is... WE know it's there. And that's the sucky part.

I hope everything works out with your wipers, etc.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Angelqute1 said:
I hope everything works out with your wipers, etc.
Actually, my wipers are fine. I was able to notice the problem before I did something really stupid and thought I'd share my near-brush with disaster in the hopes that others could avoid the same potential problem! :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts