Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i currently have my footwell lighting controlled on a constant on with the car being on. Id like to hook them into the same control as the gauge cluster back lighting. That way when the auto lights kick on, or i turn on the fogs, they will also come in inside the car; and otherwise will be off.

Does anyone know the location of this wire? or the best place to tie into it?
I have the current control running to the fuse box in the passenger floor board if that helps.

Car is the early 2007 base model, if that matters for this. Im still sorting out the differences between the early and late models.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I am looking for that same connection so I can add LED lighting on the gauges for ALL time when key is on. Where are you hooked now and is it near the gauges?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Draike13,

I too have a 2007 base Sky, mine was built in April 2006. From great instruction given from forum members here, I wired in my LED floor lighting through a tasteful looking on/on switch mounted in the dash to the right of the passenger airbag indicator. On one way, the floor lights work with the center mirror lighting, including the fading feature. Flip the switch the other way and the floor lighting lights up on-demand. It really worked out nicely. So anytime my wife or I wants floor lighting, either of us can reach in front of the shifter and turn on the floor lights.

You can see my added switch here, shown in the position for the floor lights to light up along with the center mirror lights, when either door is opened.

Here is where to electrically tap. Negative Control is the center mirror ground connection for your added floor lights to work along with the center mirror lights. A 3rd wire is chassis ground, required for the on-demand switching feature.

I realize I did not answer your question. I shared it as another option to consider.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
So i currently have my footwell lighting controlled on a constant on with the car being on. Id like to hook them into the same control as the gauge cluster back lighting. That way when the auto lights kick on, or i turn on the fogs, they will also come in inside the car; and otherwise will be off.

Does anyone know the location of this wire? or the best place to tie into it?
I have the current control running to the fuse box in the passenger floor board if that helps.

Car is the early 2007 base model, if that matters for this. Im still sorting out the differences between the early and late models.
You have what appears to be three main choices.
  • The parking lamp supply voltage enters the BCM through a BN wire at Connector C3 Pin A7.
  • The IP lamp supply voltage leaves the BCM as a PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) voltage through a GY wire at Connector C3 Pin B12. C3 is the large horizontal connector just above the fuses.
  • The IP lamp PWM supply is also shown to be present at Fuse 28, labeled EMPTY in early production cars and SWC BK LT in late production cars. Early and late applies to the 2007 MY, and not the entire production.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuse 28 is where im powering mine now. It works great for always on when the car is on/running.

Would running through the parking lamp wire only come on when my lights are on by auto or i turn the fogs on(i believe that also switches parking lights on correct?)

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
The fuse 28 is where im powering mine now. It works great for always on when the car is on/running.

Would running through the parking lamp wire only come on when my lights are on by auto or i turn the fogs on(i believe that also switches parking lights on correct?)
According to the manual, if I am reading it correctly, you should not have constant power at Fuse 28, it should only be live when the parking lamps are on. I will check my car to see what it has, but that could be the early/late build difference, suggesting that you have an early build 2007. Or the manual is wrong, or I am reading it incorrectly.

The parking lamps wire should be live when the parking lamos are on, regardless of why they are on. It is the wire that supplies power to the bulbs.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the manual, if I am reading it correctly, you should not have constant power at Fuse 28, it should only be live when the parking lamps are on. I will check my car to see what it has, but that could be the early/late build difference, suggesting that you have an early build 2007. Or the manual is wrong, or I am reading it incorrectly.

The parking lamps wire should be live when the parking lamos are on, regardless of why they are on. It is the wire that supplies power to the bulbs.
I might be thinking wrong, but i read before that the fuse i tapped into was the "steeringwheel light power" but on mine its labeled "Blank".
I was thinking it was 19, but thats completely from memory and i could be entirely wrong. lol

Ill check it later and if its not, ill try it on 28. That would be an easy swap.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
I might be thinking wrong, but i read before that the fuse i tapped into was the "steeringwheel light power" but on mine its labeled "Blank".
I was thinking it was 19, but thats completely from memory and i could be entirely wrong. lol

Ill check it later and if its not, ill try it on 28. That would be an easy swap.
SWC BK LT (from my post above) is the Steering Wheel Control BacK LighT, and is common to the IP lights, as far as i can tell.

Your car may be programmed to have the IP lights on at all times, as this was an option available for people who complained about not being able to see the gauges.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWC BK LT (from my post above) is the Steering Wheel Control BacK LighT, and is common to the IP lights, as far as i can tell.

Your car may be programmed to have the IP lights on at all times, as this was an option available for people who complained about not being able to see the gauges.
To my knowledge my steeringwheel lights only come on when the lights are on. So maybe im using a different light. Ill try it out and see what i find.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update to an old post. Finally got around to changing this around.
Works perfectly!
footwell lighting comes on with interior lighting(gauges), door/puddle lights come on with maps, and heated seats are on their own always on with car line.

Thanks so much for the wiring help. Its all just as i wanted now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts