Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What: Last Organized Run of the Season

Date: October 28, 2006

Where: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We will start at the Citgo gas station just West of the intersection of Highways 50 and 12 on Highway 50. (East side of Lake Geneva)

Time: We will start promptly at 2:00 PM. The run should be completed in about 2 hours maximum.

Description: This is approximately 65 miles of twists, turns, whoop-de-doos, and hopefully there'll still be a few leaves on the trees. The run should be completed in about 2 hours maximum. We'll end it at the Culver's in Lake Geneva.

Whoever is interested, post in this thread so we know who to expect.

AO 10/27 6:00 AM CDT

1. Aspenrose/IrishSol - Sol
2. SolWhat? - Sol
3. Roadie Rob - Sky
4. bentley - Sky
5. LittleRedSky - Sky
6. Eye on Sky - Sky
7. Chicago Skyline - Sky
8. hollen - Sky
9. pastperfect55 - Sol
10. Non-forum - Harry/Kim - Sky (Tentative)
11. nscrbug - Sky
12. BarryRuliffson - Sky

Sol 3
Sky 9

·
Registered
323 Posts
Let me be the first to say........

He!! Yes!!!!:thumbs: :willy: :cool: :cheers: :D :thumbs: :willy: :cool: :lol: :cheers:

If you want a few cool roads in the Southern Kettle Moraine, let me know. I was actually thinking about a route during a 1-hour meeting at work today (I could have cared less about what they were babbling about anyways....).

I'll drop a line to the local Sky dealers I know and try to gather a few more of my kind...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I came up with this quickly at work. I'd be willing to take the e-mails and post them up for others not affiliated with the Sky site. Otherwise, download the *.DOC file and make your own changes.

I plan to print a few of these and (hopefully) have them at the Saturn dealers. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came up with this quickly at work. I'd be willing to take the e-mails and post them up for others not affiliated with the Sky site. Otherwise, download the *.DOC file and make your own changes.

I plan to print a few of these and (hopefully) have them at the Saturn dealers. :thumbs:
Rob,

If, when you get responses, post them here so I can add them to the list on both forums.

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
ok add us to the list, i told hubby about it and he said he is ready. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, the list is updated on both forums. I'll be out of town w/o internet access 'til Monday. All y'all have a great weekend, and put a few more miles on those Skys if the weather allows. :thumbs:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Doing the Grand Tour...

Just got back from making the rounds...7 Saturn Dealerships and One Pontiac.

I dropped off printouts of Roadie Rob's Lake Geneva "flyer", with the GM's or Sales Managers.

Pitched the ride and the forum. I was surprised that virtually none of them had heard of, let alone been on the forum. I said "you guys do the hard part...you sell the Sky's. We do the easy part...we drive them. It's an experience and what better way than telling them about our upcoming ride through Lake Geneva?":D

The reaction was hugely positive.:thumbs:

The best reaction was when I walked out of the Pontiac dealer, six salespeople were outside standing over my Sky. I don't think any of them had ever seen one. I'd say they were admiring but that's only my interpretation.:)

I spoke to Eye on Sky and SkyBaby and they will do the same for their dealers.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Already done..... i email it to the GM and my salesguy from Rockford Saturn... I will go take one to Lou Bachrodt Pontiac in Rockford too... but, not til monday of course..... :cheers: SkyBaby I wont be able to hang out with you all on this one.. HAVE A BLAST.....
Just got back from making the rounds...7 Saturn Dealerships and One Pontiac.

I dropped off printouts of Roadie Rob's Lake Geneva "flyer", with the GM's or Sales Managers.

Pitched the ride and the forum. I was surprised that virtually none of them had heard of, let alone been on the forum. I said "you guys do the hard part...you sell the Sky's. We do the easy part...we drive them. It's an experience and what better way than telling them about our upcoming ride through Lake Geneva?":D

The reaction was hugely positive.:thumbs:

The best reaction was when I walked out of the Pontiac dealer, six salespeople were outside standing over my Sky. I don't think any of them had ever seen one. I'd say they were admiring but that's only my interpretation.:)

I spoke to Eye on Sky and SkyBaby and they will do the same for their dealers.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hey Rob...

If you want a few cool roads in the Southern Kettle Moraine, let me know. I was actually thinking about a route during a 1-hour meeting at work today (I could have cared less about what they were babbling about anyways....).

I'll drop a line to the local Sky dealers I know and try to gather a few more of my kind...

This is a little 'off topic', but...I'd love to hear about the cool roads in the Southern Unit of Kettle Moraine. Been trying to plan a motorcycle jaunt up that way, but I'm not too familiar with that area...I'd appreciate any advice or tips on which roads are worthy of riding. :thumbs: You can PM if you'd like...THANKS!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Already done..... i email it to the GM and my salesguy from Rockford Saturn... I will go take one to Lou Bachrodt Pontiac in Rockford too... but, not til monday of course..... :cheers: SkyBaby I wont be able to hang out with you all on this one.. HAVE A BLAST.....
Thanks SkyBaby. We'll miss you but I promise to post pic's.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks R Rob n C Skyline

Rob thanks for the file for run. Jim thanks for the call to tell me to look for it.

Going to dealer today to have new shift surround installed (Bluestone).

As long as it is not snowing, hailing count me in for the run.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rob thanks for the file for run. Jim thanks for the call to tell me to look for it.

Going to dealer today to have new shift surround installed (Bluestone).

As long as it is not snowing, hailing count me in for the run.
:agree: "As long as it is not snowing, hailing count me in for the run.'

Glad to see you'll be coming up. The painted surround should be sharp! Good call on that one. :thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
lake geneva

I was just in Lake Geneva with my Sky last Saturday. My Birthday is the 27th and am going away for the weekend. Sandy has tickets to something but won't tell me so it's a suprise. If it isn't too far away we might be able to make it but can't promise anything. - Steve

·
Registered
745 Posts
Left Fliers in Downers Grove Saturn

They will distribute to all there Saturn customers and send to the other 5 dealerships in the group.

Mike the GM said he will try to make it up for the run.

They still have MIdnight Blue automatic loaded on floor msrp. Oct. 15-17 a Red manual lite equipt will be in msrp, and Another Bluestone auto loaded msrp will be delivered. if you want to get off a list and into a car P.M. me for details. They are the best.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I tweaked mine a bit to add some flavor. Hopefully Saturn will not mind me using their picture...

Sorry, Scott....but you just became a selling point by putting your name on the list! :cheers:

The PDF file is attached. I'm on my way to 3 dealers now to drop off a bunch!:thumbs:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 138 Posts