Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to understand why I have had money down on a Sky since August of 2005 that is 13 months. I am still waiting why is that????????

I dont think the dealership has my interests at heart, I was too be 3rd on thier list???? Still no car, now since it is in Canada, there is no way I will fly up there in the winter and drive it back here to South Carolina. I just dont know which way to turn. There are 128 Sky's for sale on autotrader and not one is chili red with automatic.

I can tell all of you that I come on here everyday, read all the posts, sometimes add an opinion, but it is getting very old waiting for this car.

thanks for letting me rant:banghead:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just need to understand why I have had money down on a Sky since August of 2005 that is 13 months. I am still waiting why is that????????

I dont think the dealership has my interests at heart, I was too be 3rd on thier list???? Still no car, now since it is in Canada, there is no way I will fly up there in the winter and drive it back here to South Carolina. I just dont know which way to turn. There are 128 Sky's for sale on autotrader and not one is chili red with automatic.

I can tell all of you that I come on here everyday, read all the posts, sometimes add an opinion, but it is getting very old waiting for this car.

Saturn of Schamburg has one on Autotrader. CP Red with Auto. 292 mi. $29990. Located in Hoffman Estates, IL

·
Registered
745 Posts
Change Dealer

Waiting that long is ridiculous. I just setup another Canadian with my dealer. My opinion is it isn't they don't care about you, its that they don't care about the Sky. There won't be very many of them in Canada, there techs will have to be trained on them and they won't make that money on the Sky as a whole.
My dealer had two auto base loaded available last week (Graphite an Midnight Blue) when I picked up my Bluestone Redline. Forum members already grabed these up. My tradin vin 271 was just put up on lot Midnight Blue loaded. I know they have a Red loaded manual coming within a week or so, and shortly after A Bluestone automatic. This dealer sells as msrp and is great to deal with and out of towners can do the ordering over the phone.

The Saturn of Schamburg one is a used one, they charge 3400.00 over list I would never deal with them.
P.M. me if you would like contact info, I'm sure on a base Sky you wouldn't have to wait that long here.

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts

You can PM and I can give you our dealerships info...they might have instock what your looking for..last I saw they had three skys...base of course..and autos..don't know if they are still available or the price. They are located in TN..not that bad of a drive. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Order

Had the same thing happened to me 5mo. went by not a thing. Got my$500.00 back. It came in the 26th of Sept.CP Red ,Auto,Bk Leather,B top.
Ithink the dealers dont care and they will sell the cars for more
I from O'Fallon, Mo. I went out and got aVUE. I lost every thing I was look for
and hope all of you have a good ride in your Sky.Thanks
REDBONES ED

·
Registered
994 Posts
I wouldn't trust autotrader

When I was looking for my Sky I found very few of the dealers listed on autotrader physically had a car for sale. Most wanted you to come in and put down a deposit. If I remember correctly only two had a car. So you may see 128 listed but most are phantoms.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My tradin vin 271 was just put up on lot Midnight Blue loaded.
My sales lady called my boyfriend last night trying to sell your car to him. She was going down the list of people that did test drives at the Downer's Grove event and didn't realize he was with me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
there is one in ottawa canada sitting on the floor. black,five speed,leather,chrome rims. if your interested in location. pm me

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Got a red one and a yellow one (from E-bay) sitting on the lot of Saturn of Tinley...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Waiting that long is ridiculous. I just setup another Canadian with my dealer. My opinion is it isn't they don't care about you, its that they don't care about the Sky. There won't be very many of them in Canada, there techs will have to be trained on them and they won't make that money on the Sky as a whole.
My dealer had two auto base loaded available last week (Graphite an Midnight Blue) when I picked up my Bluestone Redline. Forum members already grabed these up. My tradin vin 271 was just put up on lot Midnight Blue loaded. I know they have a Red loaded manual coming within a week or so, and shortly after A Bluestone automatic. This dealer sells as msrp and is great to deal with and out of towners can do the ordering over the phone.

The Saturn of Schamburg one is a used one, they charge 3400.00 over list I would never deal with them.
P.M. me if you would like contact info, I'm sure on a base Sky you would have to wait that long here.
I got a call from Scott's dealer last night. They have two SKYs available - one new, one used (but well cared-for) with a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Still waiting?

There is a Black/Black/Black one in the dealship in No VA when I drove by this week. If you want me to hook you up, let me know (PM) and I'll provide their phone number. Great dealer and no markup.

That said, we really like our CP Red and Tan/Tan combo.

Good luck and hang in there I was there and feel for you, but have to say well worth the wait.

r1chy

·
Registered
820 Posts

I can understand, I was on the first on the base sky list back in July of last year. When I was called to order the base sky, I turned it down for a RL because talk was it would be out a few months after the base was on dealers lots. I was then put first on the RL list and have been there ever since. I haven't even been called in to order an RL, but I call every week and they asure me I will get the first RL allocation they get.....wait, wait....but atleast we have a chance at getting the seat with height adjuster and the power door lock button. I try to look at the best way I can. It was tought when NC seemed to get the first base skys (the first on thsi site was from Winston-Salem, NC just 15min from my dealer). I was called to order the base sky eary enough I woud have been close to the first to get one, but the first RLs have already been received and I haven't even order mine......we are all going through it together.....:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts