Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine has not. :rolleyes:

Now I figure there must be a few sales reps at each dealership. And it sounds like dealers are informing folks of the long delays and possible deliver in 2007. But for those of us who placed "Purchase Agreement Orders" back in 2005 and 2006 ... we should, as good customer service from Saturn, get a call from our dealership informing us of the status like Deluke, Sky Spy and others on this forum so kindly do. The time they spend is a customer service each GM dealer should be providing.

I realize the deaslership do not want to hear each of us groan and :brentil: :banghead: :mad: ... but most of us would truly appreciate the professional courtesy of being kept informed. :thumbs:

So how many of you did, or are , receiving status updates from your dealership?

:sleep:

·
Registered
131 Posts
You have it backwards. I have been the one calling my dealer and updating them on what is happening with the Skys. How can this be?:willy: :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Believe it or not, I find out things before my dealer does. GM is real quick in giving the Dealerships info. Thanks to a few different inside sources and Pitcom he confirms or gives me alot of info due to his inside source. The thing is you have to be careful what is posted now a days. Because they plant bad info from what I've been told to see who is leaking info. Thats why sometimes we can't even post somethings untill it is confirmed by alot of sources. We don't want to get anyone in trouble you know.

But I go and see my Dealer every Thursday and we have a good time checking any bulletins and drink coffee and BS. I really enjoy it.

But I agree once the dealership gets the info they should share it with their customers but alot can't be bothered. And this is uncalled for in my opinion but alot of Dealerships do call and keep their customers up dated these are the good dealerships. You have both good and bad dealerships out there. But I think the good out numbers the bad. It's not like they have to call or email 100 people.

·
Registered
322 Posts
AHHHHH Grasshopper::D You are asking one of Lifes great questions........?..."Is it not better to be the Teacher or the Student?":D

I just erased a rant on how being an informed consumer is the best defense in large purchases $$<$$$$...:lol: ..but I honestly believe that in any dealing its in my interest to be as educated as I can be.....ya, my Dealership has no clue as to what is really going on (I can cite tons of examples...latest is the R/L delays are being caused by the "convertable top") so I am educating myself here. :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
HI Kathy: Sorry 'bout yesterday.....:D $200 KK and they went 4 for 17 in the heart of the lineup? I'll bet "George" has a fit!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I only get an update if I call my rep...who in turn has to call the manager...my situation is a little different. There is a corp. that has 9 different "dealerships" under its umbrella...a sales rep in any one of them can sell a car to a customer from any of the "dealerships." I have bought 5 cars of various makes through one rep...I enjoy working with him and he tells me what he can but is limited by what the salesmanager at the Saturn group tells him. I get better info here and faster...

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Unfortunately I always seem to know more then my dealer, but you know that doesn't bother me half as bad as the fact it seems like at my dealership all the people at the top always seem to be trying purposely to keep those lower down un-informed...........:banghead:

I do have to say also in their defense the sales associates at my dealership really seem to care and try very hard to do a good job, and my dealer does sell at msrp..........:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
HI Kathy: Sorry 'bout yesterday.....:D $200 KK and they went 4 for 17 in the heart of the lineup? I'll bet "George" has a fit!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yankees STINK !!!!!!! With all that money being paid. But we still did better the the Red Soxs, thats the most important thing. :) Yes, George must be PO !!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think they have phones at my dealership. The phone company may have shut them off.:) I know they are very happy when I call and ask them where my stealth car is at. In fact, I was in there yesterday with my other saturn vehicle, and my sales rep told me he didn't want to know what was going on. That way he didn't dissappoint anyone when they call. If this car isn't here by Feb. I am done!!!:mad:
I am truly amazed that the way they used to be when they started has changed so much. Too bad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My salesman/dealer never calls me, but they do post website updates on Sky orders, though I'm not confident how up to date it is. Right now my order doesn't match what they told me my info was so kind of frustrating. But I don't give them a hard time, if the factories built them faster then the dealers wouldn't need to waste so much time responding to inquiries.

This group and the great information provided here is what keeps us all sane in this big waiting game! You're all a great bunch, proud to be among you in the 'waiting lounge'! :willy:

Tom

·
Registered
162 Posts
We call our sales manager once a week, same day, same time. If we don't call, we stop in to pay him a friendly visit. So far, that has worked out pretty well. He knows when to expect our call, and normally has information ready for us. No hassle on either end.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Funny how once your car gets here they're not quite as frustrating as they were when it was on order. Kinda like how your old man smartens up so much by the time you're 25 when he was so stupid when you were 18. Like several of you have said, thanks to deluke, Pitcom, Sky Spy and others, I seemed to know more than they did. Every Wednesday I'd call and just leave a message for my sales rep to give me an update. She'd check on it when she had time and email me. Worked out okay.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Funny how once your car gets here they're not quite as frustrating as they were when it was on order. Kinda like how your old man smartens up so much by the time you're 25 when he was so stupid when you were 18.
Nad I think it's more like when you have new love. When you first order your car your dealer is really good about calling you and you call them a lot to check in. Then as the wait goes on and everyone settles in for the long haul the calls become fewer and fewer. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why do you need dealers to call you???? You have the forum to keep up with all the news, Be glad you can learn for the forum and inform your dealers. The Sky is not the only car sold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To this day, have not received but one phone call from my dealer, and that was to return my call I had placed to them to get the status of my order! I hadn't heard from them for three months, so I was beginning to wonder if they had even ordered it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Why do you need dealers to call you???? You have the forum to keep up with all the news, Be glad you can learn for the forum and inform your dealers. The Sky is not the only car sold.
If the Dealership has if on a car that has been ordered that could mean a delay and has not called thir customer I believe that Dealership gives BAD customer service. I would never buy a car from a dealership like that. It's not like they order most of their cars for customers. Most customers buy off the lot. SOME dealers can sit around drinking coffee for half the day but they can't make a simple phone scalls or email ???? How many customers do they have to call, maybe 20 the most in the whole dealership.

Now most dealerships aren't like this and do take care of their customers. But for those who don't hit them where it hurts, in the survey you get after getting your car. Give them bad marks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My dealership hasn't called me at all! I haven't called them either since I get all the info I need from this wonderful forum!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I stopped by on Sat. and told my salesguy what was going on. And told him he needs to monitor this site for the info he needs- you guys are the best.
This forum should be monitored daily by Jill L. :rolleyes: yeah like that would ever happen :mad:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
We have an agreement with our dealer in Jacksonville. We live too far to just drop by for a visit (65 miles each way). They will call us if there is a valid update. In the interim, we e-mail any questions/concerns. The forum has been a great source of information. Patience is the key.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts